Its Kerbover...

AstroWolfie

I'm sad but my sadness is not entirely about KSP2. Most people realized I was no longer onboard pretty early, with FS! being the final nail in the coffin. What I'm the saddest/maddest about is this killing the franchise. Like, KSP2 was garbage, and could've lived being garbage, but it was so decidedly garbage that we'll probably never get a proper KSP game again.

35 minutes ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

A bit disappointed, but I got my $50 worth in terms of dollars per hour of entertainment, we still have the original, and ultimately, it was just a game.  

Just a game? It was more than just a game to me. It got me through some really tough times and inspired and exited me more than most things I’ve experienced in life. 

7 hours ago, AstroWolfie said:

How do you guys feel?

Right now? Feeling good that KSP now has deferred rendering and other great mods still being developed to keep it as modern as can be. I have fully focused back on the original game and have used KSP2 as inspiration for my mod lists.

Overall? It really is a bummer that KSP2 couldn't have made it to the finish line, but the last year was a headache filled with mismanaged expectations and bugs. I am kind of glad it is over, given the roller coaster the last 5 years have been, but I am also sad that the assets and ideas we have talked about here will never reach their potential.

9 hours ago, AstroWolfie said:

How do you guys feel?

Indifference/apathy.

It was obvious early on that KSP2 fell way short of where it should have been. I stopped playing 10 seconds in to 0.1.3 when I realised what little joystick functionality I had was gone. Was angry for a while but the KSP2 debacle gave me a new appreciation for KSP1. After that I've just been following what was happening waiting for the time to jump back in to KSP2. That time never came.

The only thing I'm left with is a desire to never purchase anything linked to T2 again. That'll save me more than I wasted on KSP2 so thanks T2, I guess.

KSP was the game that inspired me to take aerospace seriously; it quite literally altered the trajectory of my life. As a result of playing the game, I went into the space industry professionally, and worked on a couple of moon missions (among other, less exciting/more sensitive projects) that have since launched.

The game changed my perspectives on aerospace, as well as on what makes for a great educational experience.

With all due respect to the developers, publishers, etc -- I'm worried that the abortive development of a sequel in an institutional studio, and the particular way the decision to cut it off was made and executed, will hamper the franchise's ability to affect other people similarly.

It's just a game, yes. But this game mattered more to me than most because of its ability to inspire players. I'm much more worried about the franchise's potential to inspire people, and what the lack of this sort of inspiration might mean for the world, than any particular manifestation of the IP.

1 hour ago, rebel-1 said:

Comrades, stop being sad. Everything will be fine! Turn on good music, pour a mug of beer! I have a barbecue soaking right now, I'll cook it soon. We have KSP1 and I hope the modders will make candy out of it!

Thankfully.  I fired it up today and dropped Valentina on the Moon to grab some science so I can get better engines.  And I'm grateful for the modders; this career I'm talking about is KSRSS with Un Kerballed Start and a lot of Near Future.  Now if someone could only craft a mod to hide outdated parts in the VAB...