KSP2 Hype Train Thread

28 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

invested a lot of money in not spending money.

Smart - they already probably have a ton of EA pre-orders and all of us just waiting around for it to drop.

Money saved on marketing and hype can go other places.  

And - Sandbagging is okay by me.  I'm the kind of guy who won't watch trailers for movies I'm excited about.

21 minutes ago, SolarAdmiral said:

Hey this is a great find! I also missed this. Though I got a little more excited at first thinking you meant the huge fuel refineries they showed off were confirmed to be able to be mounted and moved. Hopefully they are, I want to build an absolutely massive mobile base.

It will be interesting to see if anything is restricted to colonies or ships. Like, could we build a massive mobile space colony? Can ships be built at other bigger ships, can the orbital construction yard be put on a suitably massive ship? Can we build a version of the Homeworld Mothership or an Eldar Craftworld to explore other systems? What does the line between spaceship, spacestation, and orbital colony look like?

The interesting parts for me is that (at least the size shown) can be mounted 'to later engines' needed to fly them around... meaning heavy.  But the part that stands out is 

37 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

structural foundation parts that can be attached to the bottoms of colony parts - they work similarly to launch clamps in the original KSP, with height automatically adjusting to reach the ground. The player has full control over them - they come in a range of types and sizes.

That will make Colonies quite interesting to look at - fer shure!

5 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

The interesting parts for me is that (at least the size shown) can be mounted 'to later engines' needed to fly them around... meaning heavy.  But the part that stands out is 

I mean that might be slightly an exaggeration. For places like the Mun or Minimus, you can move just about anything with enough poodles.

Some comments removed. Keep it on-topic, please, and if you are tired of "certain" "toxic" people, why not set them to ignore and never be bothered by them again? Posting to reply to them merely means you spend more time on something you consider unpleasant. 

28 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Oh and by the way, rewatch this video. It has important KSP2 information that a lot of people forgot.

Some things I hadn't known, or forgotten about:

• Ice falling off fuel tanks during launch
  • Countdown to launch (skippable)
  • Axial tilt of celestial bodies (nice)
  • Kerbals are not afraid to break the law (nukes in space breaking partial test ban treaty of 1963)
  • Spring 2020 release date (sorry it's funny to include irrelevant bullet points to me)

4 hours ago, poopslayer78 said:

New screenshot from Discord

kerbonoooooo.png

That explosion looks much better than anything I've ever seen in KSP 1, does look a bit 2-D however, but could just be nature of this specific explosion occurring in the flame trench perhaps?

Also have we seen those specific tanks that are falling down before, Colony parts maybe?

2 hours ago, Vl3d said:

It has important KSP2 information that a lot of people forgot

I think you may be reading too much into this.  The release trailer was a film.  Not gameplay.  Nothing (like ice dropping from the rocket) was promised.  It just looks cool.  Not to say it won't be in game - but puffery and hype... Not a promise. 

2 hours ago, Nirgal said:

Axial tilt of celestial bodies (nice)

Outside the Kerbolar System. 

6 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Outside the Kerbolar System. 

I would still like to see just a bit of it inside the Kerbolar system. Keep kerbin and its moons the same, but if Gilly and Vall had a bit of tilt? Might make a nice introduction to the problem.

17 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Conveniently cropped the important text 

Not cropping anything on purpose or with any nefarious intentions. Just pointing it out.

The other very recent screenshot we got on Twitter showing a very close-up view of the terrain (with confirmed Low settings by the devs) doesn't show these artifacts.

I'm just expecting to not have these same decade-old texture issues happen on KSP2 aswell.

And no, hiding behind "Beta" if issues like these arise on the release build for the mere fact of the game being on the Early Access program won't be a credible excuse, since EA is only supposed to exist to not hold the remaining content back after a normal release, according to PD's Senior Marketing Manager on his most recent interview.

Edited by MARL_Mk1

14 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

We're 16 days from release build, a lot can happen in that time.

The best way for them to get a 'wow' out of this crowd is to be actually sandbagging.

Hope they don't stop if they are.

If not; my wallet remains ready.

3 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Human laws don't pertain to Kerbals. 

This, as I imagine kerbals to be way more peaceful but I imagine they banned nuclear bombs in the atmosphere because of broken windows and fallout.
The city wanted firework and detonating this test nuclear bomb will give valuable insight in nuclear fusion. 

4 hours ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

since EA is only supposed to exist to not hold the remaining content back after a normal release, according to PD's Senior Marketing Manager on his most recent interview.

Someone finally understands! Thank you!

So, I had a funny thought and figured I'd share it. 

I don't know why, but I imagined Intercept running through a go-no go poll before launch. 

Might just be my sleep deprived mind being silly, but still think it's funny. 

Oh, and of course Nate Simpson is leading the poll.

If they ever did truly do this, they should do an EA launch live stream and treat it like a space launch, T- counter and everything. 

T-minus... 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, go for store release, 3, 2, 1, and... lift off of Kerbal Space Program 2 into Early Access, marking a new decade in space sim flight! 

KSP 2 has cleared the tower!

Edited by GoldForest

28 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

So, I had a funny thought and figured I'd share it. 

I don't know why, but I imagined Intercept running through a go-no go poll before launch. 

Might just be my sleep deprived mind being silly, but still think it's funny. 

Of, and of course Nate Simpson is leading the poll.

If they ever did truly do this, they should do an EA launch live stream and treat like a space launch, T- counter and everything. 

T-minus... 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, go for store release, 3, 2, 1, and... lift off of Kerbal Space Program 2 into Early Access, marking a new decade in space sim flight!

KSP 2 has cleared the tower!

On 2/6/2023 at 12:03 AM, Vl3d said:

This video represents the KSP2 Early Access launch so perfectly. Everything starting with the crash coming from KSP1, Jeb's face, demanding and upset attitude, the pirouette, the little trinkets that he brought to the Junkyard (suggestions on forum), the little confetti rocket (sneakpeaks)... to the hard work the engineer is doing, the money suitcase... the missing parachute, the panic, the running away, the door slam. The clouds!!! We're all going up whether we like it or not!