KSP2 Hype Train Thread

11 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

I guess Im just an old fart but I'm sad the discord has become basically unusable in the last few days.

I can't see how in a million years the discord could have seemed like a good idea. Did the mods just get bored of how organized and civil the forums were? :D

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

I can't see how in a million years the discord could have seemed like a good idea. Did the mods just get bored of how organized and civil the forums were? :D

I mean there were some angsty exchanges here and there but it was pretty nice last week. Now it's just kind of a spam dump. 

Just now, i dont know how to forum said:

Regarding the forum discussion, what will the spoiler policy be for any anomalies and hypothetical Planet 8s to be found once the game launches?

The forum has a "Spoiler" rule in which you have to discuss stuff inside a spoiler box. Like this:

Spoiler

OMG guys! I found planet 8! It's a habitable world just outside the orbit of Eeloo! You have to find it using a telescope though! 

(This was an example, not a real spoiler.)

As to how long those features stay spoiler territory? Probably a few months at least. 

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

It really is. Unless you prefer to see a billion tiny explosions for each part like in KSP 1 rather than the giant cloud you should see when an entire rocket comes down. To each their own I suppose.

I'd prefer to see an explosion that actually looks like an in game explosion, rather then something that looks like a crap photoshop, which is what that looks like? It's like the scene is there and they've dropped a graphic over the top. It doesn't look like the explosion happened on the launch pad. It look like two completely separate scenes badly chopped together. There's no interaction at all. 

Just now, WelshSteW said:

I'd prefer to see an explosion that actually looks like an in game explosion, rather then something that looks like a crap photoshop, which is what that looks like? It's like the scene is there and they've dropped a graphic over the top. It doesn't look like the explosion happened on the launch pad. It look like two completely separate scenes badly chopped together. There's no interaction at all. 

You're allowed to complain that the early access game looks like an early access game. I'm just happy that when my 5km tall rocket explodes, it won't just dissolve into a bunch of firecrackers on the ground, but rather produce an actual explosion.

1 hour ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

talking about specific and basic features being broken or presenting the same decade old bugs present in KSP1, hence the root of this comment chain root with me pointing out they had one of those in a tease clip

Ah - OK, yeah now I get it - and totally with you. 

It's just that I take them at their word that it's a total rebuild - so I expect totally new problems! 

34 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Which part of "gathering new audience" is hard to understand? Discord, tiktok, are just that. Not everyone, as Pthigrivi nice put it, is an old fart and goes on forums exclusively (which was the case years ago because there were no sensible alternatives). Only because discord is.. challenging, at best, to moderate, especially when it's an official one, doesn't make it straight up bad.

Also

35 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

civil

The last couple of weeks? :lol:

40 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

3 to 4 months is adequate time imo for spoilers to become non-spoilers. 

3 to 4 months is hardly a long time in the first place.

35 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Which part of "gathering new audience" is hard to understand?

There's not so much one specific part in "gathering an audience of people who are horrible to each other" I find hard to understand as much as I find the entire thing hard to understand.

3 minutes ago, Ahres said:

I don't see anyone mentioning this interesting tweet from @ShadowZone. Think it's KSP2 related?

Apperently Rumours has it, they are on their way/are already in Europe. What for? Nobody knows, but KSP2 also tweeted Kerbal plushies  (maybe?) onboard a spacecraft from the ESA.

Edited by Snafu225
Changed some words due improper usage at first

One great aspect of the kOS discord is multiple help channels with a gently enforced etiquette to not interrupt ongoing problem solving dialogue.  If  the main one is busy, you go down the numbered aux channels until you find a quiet one.  Dunbaratu, Nuggreat, and others do a fantastic job keeping it sane 

Edited by darthgently