KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Just now, Strawberry said:

I do wonder when the embargo drops, Im hoping next monday, I could see it being next Thursday to cause algorithms to blow up the day before release though.

embargos drop normally the day of release, if not on the minute.

It seems that the developers also signed this embargo, they believe that they should not tell us anything about the current situation. Aren't bloggers forbidden to talk bad about the game? Well, you know - the first day patch will fix everything, it was not for nothing that they were taken to the space center and fed cookies?

Just now, Alexoff said:

It seems that the developers also signed this embargo, they believe that they should not tell us anything about the current situation. Aren't bloggers forbidden to talk bad about the game? Well, you know - the first day patch will fix everything, it was not for nothing that they were taken to the space center and fed cookies?

no, bloggers can talk bad and good when the game releases, unless they are in a contract to make videos for money

6 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

embargos drop normally the day of release, if not on the minute.

Ghostii has said that content creators will be able to share content and reviews before release, we just dont know when

Edited by Strawberry

Im glad someone said it, I have been tempted to from the beginning. Optimization is likely not complete, and the min specs will drop over time. This is often the case with early access.

10 hours ago, Kerbart said:

NDA's are very effective.

The reason we constantly have to look for excuses is because everyone is getting their underwear in a bunch over software they haven't seen in action.

Those that are seen as "defenders" (I'm sure you'll see me as one of them) will be equally disappointed if the game disappoints. But to get an aneurysm over jumping to conclusions when there's nothing to be enraged over (yet?), is just plain silly.

Yes there have been screenshots.  'What are you working on Joe?' 'Landing gear animations' 'Cool, can I get a shot?' 'Sure, here's a 5s screengrab' and before you know it, Joe's animation (and Joe is not) on the landscape team) gets ripped apart because it's not showing clouds or trees.

I'm just amazed on how many people are obsessed with burning the game down before they have seen it. Don't be surprised when you don't get to see anything about the new features until they're released; this is why.

The internet is made from torches and pitchforks, and millions of people jumping up and down on a greasy spot that used to be a horse.

3 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Ya mean they didn't optimise their code that was not yet suitable for optimisation????

Your idea of development is nothing short of confusing, in fact probably wrong.

Sounds like someone being condescending about a problem they've never faced.

Nope, just trying to point out processes in project management that I would think would be self evident in this case, which was the dev team being tone def regarding COVID-19 supply chain issues with hardware and how that correlates to their proclamation of delays on the software development side; in summary, being able to understand and accommodate your target audience. Sounds like you're a software guy? So you took my comments personally? Didn't mean it that way my friend... didn't even know you were/are a software guy.

Edited by saxappeal89129

I saw someone in here earlier back when I was setting up my laptop who said that the 2060 was actually midranged and that people who had the 1600 series cards should just upgrade.
To that, I have to say, no, the hardware does not make it midranged. It's the people who still use it that do. The Geforce 730 isn't even considered a factor, not because it's so outdated, but because no one uses the damn thing. If there were a billion people using the G730, you'd still see games targeting it, at least as a minimum requirement. Sure, it'd be considered low-end, but it would be a consideration none the less. Accordingly, the mid-range would also shift based on the fact that the G730 is now considered the common low end.

Edited by Missingno200

1 minute ago, saxappeal89129 said:

Nope, just trying to point out processes in project management that I would think would be self evident in this case, which was the dev team being tone def regarding COVID-19 supply chain issues with hardware and how that correlates to their proclamation of delays on the software development side; in summary, being able to understand and accommodate your target audience. Sounds like you're a software guy? So you took my comments personally? Didn't mean it that way my friend... didn't even know you were/are a software guy.

I'm not a software guy. I'm not completely blind either, I have seen stuff being worked on before, and I do have an idea of what's going on BTS that isn't blind speculation

12 minutes ago, Missingno200 said:

I saw someone in here earlier back when I was setting up my laptop who said that the 2060 was actually midranged and that people who had the 1600 series cards should just upgrade.
To that, I have to say, no, the hardware does not make it midranged. It's the people who still use it that do. The Geforce 730 isn't even considered a factor, not because it's so outdated, but because no one uses the damn thing. If there were a billion people using the G730, you'd still see games targeting it, at least as a minimum requirement.

A "market" based argument... couldn't agree with you more.

10 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I'm not a software guy. I'm not completely blind either, I have seen stuff being worked on before, and I do have an idea of what's going on BTS that isn't blind speculation

So you are or aren't a software guy? Didn't you previously proclaim your vast knowledge in the development area? I'm confused...

I'm actually partially blind, absolutely hate it, astigmatism sucks, causes halos around lights; don't be like me. :-)

Regardless, I just think they're requirements were borderline outlandish, 

(I reread your post, so you're working behind the scenes with them on this?)

Edited by saxappeal89129

8 hours ago, Alexoff said:

Apparently, this agreement implies a prison sentence for any phrase about KSP2. I know bloggers who received last of us 2 with the same agreement and, although they did not reveal anything about the game, told the viewers that they would not like the plot of the game. Of course, no more games were sent to them for reviews, but no one filed a lawsuit either.

It does not imply a prison sentence. It implies that you might get sued by the company you signed the NDA with, but most of the time companies send a cease and desist, then cut all ties with the person who broke the NDA

4 hours ago, i dont know how to forum said:

1070ti, not 1070

Hmmm. If they are advertizing the 1070TI as an alternative min spec card, this has me wondering if KSP 2 will actually have Ray Tracing at start. The only reason to advertise a non-RT card would be for the fact that the RT card is needed for RT. 

An ray traced KSP 2 would probably look stunning. 

Edited by GoldForest

5 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Hmmm. If they are advertizing the 1070TI as an alternative min spec card, this has me wondering if KSP 2 will actually have Ray Tracing at start. The only reason to advertise a non-RT card would be for the fact that the RT card is needed for RT. 

I think they just added it for clarification because people were wondering if RTX was required, there were a lot of people unsure if the 10 series would be supported at all or which 10 series cards would be supported. I don't think it implies anything about raytracing at all, if there was raytracing support we would have heard about it long before now.

15 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

It does not imply a prison sentence. It implies that you might get sued by the company you signed the NDA with, but most of the time companies send a cease and desist, then cut all ties with the person who broke the NDA

An ray traced KSP 2 would probably look stunning. 

Ray Tracing would be the most useless feature they could add to a game like KSP. Being a inherently performance heavy game, who on Earth would like to lose 40 extra FPS in exchange of... ray traced reflections of... the darkness of space?

I'll say it again (since it makes me feel good): I WANT them to implement FSR 2.0 on KSP2.

7 minutes ago, i dont know how to forum said:

I think they just added it for clarification because people were wondering if RTX was required, there were a lot of people unsure if the 10 series would be supported at all or which 10 series cards would be supported. I don't think it implies anything about raytracing at all, if there was raytracing support we would have heard about it long before now.

Not necessarily. They might want to keep the RT feature a secret for launch. 

Just now, MARL_Mk1 said:

Ray Tracing would be the most useless feature they could add to a game like KSP. Being a inherently performance heavy game, who on Earth would like to lose 40 extra FPS in exchange of... ray traced reflections of... the darkness of space?

I'll say it again (since it makes me feel good): I WANT them to implement FSR 2.0 on KSP2.

RT would not be the most useless feature for those that care about graphics. Darkness of space? Did you forget we have TONS of new planets as well as all the old ones? Scattering powered by Ray Tracing would look stunning imo. 

And with DLSS, Ray tracing isn't that taxing as it once was. 

Just now, MARL_Mk1 said:

Exactly my thoughts. Yeah, sure, it sometimes makes things look slightly better. But is it anything that can't be approximated by the shaders the devs already created? A ray traced reflection of a fuel tank on a visor isn't worth the demand.

We've seen full ray-tracing demonstrated with Portal RTX, but that's a much lower step than having entire planets, dealing with terrain and vessels made of maybe thousands of parts.

YrumLdr.png

I can't believe it. In less than 7 hours, we will be 5 days away from the release of KSP 2. 

It has been a long time coming. 

Yes, there's been some bumps in the rails. Yes, some of those bumps could be considered controversial, and some others trivial problems that people have overblown because they're scared or worried. 

But none of that matters. KSP 2 is release, finally! After a 3 year delay and 5 to 7 (possibly 8) years of development, KSP 2 is here!.... well, here in early access, but still, it's here. 

I can't wait to get my hands on KSP 2 EA and see all the changes and improvements the team at Intercept has made. 

From the bottom of my heart, thank you @Intercept Games. Thank you all the devs, thank you @Nate Simpson and everyone else for keeping this game alive through the difficult times. 

Please, continue to improve this game. Make it the best space sim game it can be!