Can we please have info and gameplay, please

I don’t want this to sound like another beg for gameplay cause we don’t have anything else to do but, the game is going to launch in 2020 what gives us a 8 month window for the game to launch. I think we deserve at least a single picture or video of the game being played. 

please don’t look at this post like I am being selfish and impatient, I fully understand the circumstances of trying to make a game during a pandemic. Best regards to everyone and hopefully we all stay safe and healthy.

10 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I don’t want this to sound like another beg for gameplay cause we don’t have anything else to do but, the game is going to launch in 2020 what gives us a 8 month window for the game to launch. I think we deserve at least a single picture or video of the game being played. 

please don’t look at this post like I am being selfish and impatient, I fully understand the circumstances of trying to make a game during a pandemic. Best regards to everyone and hopefully we all stay safe and healthy.

We already have a few videos, but many of them are months old. There is almost always a good reason why they are not showing us a lot, so I would not worry.

1 hour ago, DunaManiac said:

There is almost always a good reason why they are not showing us a lot, so I would not worry.

Well, the best reason for not showing anything is there's nothing to show, so maybe a little worry is in order.

14 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

Well, the best reason for not showing anything is there's nothing to show, so maybe a little worry is in order.

My thoughts exactly especially because the release window is relatively soon.

1 hour ago, SpaceFace545 said:

My thoughts exactly especially because the release window is relatively soon.

I doubt it’s hitting its release window. December 2020 at the absolute earliest is my optimistic guess. 

Edited by MechBFP

35 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

I doubt it’s hitting its release window. December 2020 at the absolute earliest is my optimistic guess. 

Mine too, though I wholeheartedly support them changing that view with some updated information.

46 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

I'm in the same boat. But I'm thinking the earliest we see it would probably be mid 3rd quarter, early 4th quarter. 

But PD's fiscal year ends in March, so next year isn't off the table yet.

Spaceface545, I totally agree with you. That gameplay footage did look pretty great, but it really didn’t look right in a way. I dunno. I’d be cool to see a rocket go to orbit and watch that. All i cam say is that there better be big, fluffy clouds in the stock game...pleasee

6 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

All games are when you get down to the meat of it is a bunch of math wrapped with pretty pictures, and KSP is double so. Much of the development time is not going to be making models, sprites for UI elements, animating explosions etc. It's going to be drudgework, it's going to be hundreds of man-hours of programming functions to handle bespoke errors, exceptions or crashes. It's going to be writing variables, and testing how they interact with the rest of the code. It's going to be BORING excrements THAT NOBODY WANTS TO SEE OR CARES ABOUT.

But they have to spend that time, and spend it well. Because if that work isn't done, none of the gameplay trailers would get done, none of the vehicles would work, the game likely wouldn't even launch without BSODs. Could they be in the middle of Development Hell, and KSP2 looking much more distant than we think? Sure, but that's one of the last assumptions we should be making until proven otherwise.

People have been spoiled by the current industrialized advertising machine that accompanies most AAA releases these days, and the fact they have entirely seperate divisions for handling this kind of content. That they have dedicated social media people that drip feed the pack of stimulant snorting rats a daily dose of carefully made hype to ignite a flurry of speculation, reaction and "Controversy" that does the job of millions of dollars spent on marketing for free.

And then when the game comes out, packed to the brim with MTX, day-one DLC and a slew of bugs that they knew were in there, the fact they spent more time on mobilizing the machinery of hype than actually making a good quality game is laid bare for all to see.

KSP2 at this moment could be either the worst game ever made, or the next standard to which all others are measured against. But for better oever worse, i'd rather hear nothing until they have a product that they've spent that time in the trenches shoveling slop out of every corner than see it tainted, twisted and destroyed by this same machine.

I fully support. They won’t lose anything if they release an alpha video showing the flight into orbit. In the end, I want to know if my old piloting skills will be useful, or will I end up in KSP in a completely new environment? (and it’s good if it’s more difficult, but not as arcade)

So that the game does not look like it was made on Android))) All the same, the new developer ...

Edited by OOM

7 hours ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

All games are when you get down to the meat of it is a bunch of math wrapped with pretty pictures, and KSP is double so. Much of the development time is not going to be making models, sprites for UI elements, animating explosions etc. It's going to be drudgework, it's going to be hundreds of man-hours of programming functions to handle bespoke errors, exceptions or crashes. It's going to be writing variables, and testing how they interact with the rest of the code. It's going to be BORING excrements THAT NOBODY WANTS TO SEE OR CARES ABOUT.

But they have to spend that time, and spend it well. Because if that work isn't done, none of the gameplay trailers would get done, none of the vehicles would work, the game likely wouldn't even launch without BSODs. Could they be in the middle of Development Hell, and KSP2 looking much more distant than we think? Sure, but that's one of the last assumptions we should be making until proven otherwise.

People have been spoiled by the current industrialized advertising machine that accompanies most AAA releases these days, and the fact they have entirely seperate divisions for handling this kind of content. That they have dedicated social media people that drip feed the pack of stimulant snorting rats a daily dose of carefully made hype to ignite a flurry of speculation, reaction and "Controversy" that does the job of millions of dollars spent on marketing for free.

And then when the game comes out, packed to the brim with MTX, day-one DLC and a slew of bugs that they knew were in there, the fact they spent more time on mobilizing the machinery of hype than actually making a good quality game is laid bare for all to see.

KSP2 at this moment could be either the worst game ever made, or the next standard to which all others are measured against. But for better oever worse, i'd rather hear nothing until they have a product that they've spent that time in the trenches shoveling slop out of every corner than see it tainted, twisted and destroyed by this same machine.

The game is in pre alpha, in a development term is almost done except for big glitches and codeing errors that need to be fixed and the texture and shaders. (Sorry lots of ands). But a few pictures or a video won’t hurt them as it would build hype. They also are probably in a beta or close to beta stage as they were at pre alpha when the gave us the news of the game.

9 hours ago, Lewie said:

Spaceface545, I totally agree with you. That gameplay footage did look pretty great, but it really didn’t look right in a way. I dunno. I’d be cool to see a rocket go to orbit and watch that. All i cam say is that there better be big, fluffy clouds in the stock game...pleasee

They are working on clouds 

I would like to remind the community we have rules against pestering the developers about updates, please respect these rules.   KSP2 is in development, when they are ready to release info, they will do so. 

Given the current world situation, I think we can expect delays. Yes, they may be working from home, but who knows what other issues they all have going on?  Not to mention the fact that releasing a pricey game when money may be very tight for for a large number of buyers, might mean, ironically, holding off until things settle a bit.

I would be surprised if we see it in 2020.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:28 PM, SpaceFace545 said:

....I think we deserve ....

I think i found the flaw in your argument

Edited by Stevie_D

On 5/2/2020 at 12:35 AM, Incarnation of Chaos said:

While your cynicism is certainly reasonably placed... we see time, and time again, “enhanced” e3 videos, and things of that nature, you’re assumptions are improperly placed. The dev team is not doing any marketing, they’re programming and rooting out bugs, this is why large companies have devoted marketing teams, and why developers need to team with publishers. Providing gameplay trailers is not going to take time from the dev team, because it is the marketing team(through the publisher) that would be putting these things together...

4 minutes ago, Bingleberry said:

While your cynicism is certainly reasonably placed... we see time, and time again, “enhanced” e3 videos, and things of that nature, you’re assumptions are improperly placed. The dev team is not doing any marketing, they’re programming and rooting out bugs, this is why large companies have devoted marketing teams, and why developers need to team with publishers. Providing gameplay trailers is not going to take time from the dev team, because it is the marketing team(through the publisher) that would be putting these things together...

To be fair, gotta have something marketable before they can market it. If the code isn't there yet, then it takes away from the devs' time to set up something presentable out of the mush.

Patience is difficult for many, myself included, but we really should make some kind of effort to be patient while we wait.

On 5/1/2020 at 4:28 PM, SpaceFace545 said:

On 5/1/2020 at 4:40 PM, DunaManiac said:

We already have a few videos, but many of them are months old. There is almost always a good reason why they are not showing us a lot, so I would not worry.

Didn't they just have a major personnel shakeup and / or relocation?  I remember seeing a blog from someone in the gaming world that lamented from a human / business standpoint this can mean nothing less than a disruption in the deployment of the game.  Even if the core leaders stuck around - even with hiring absolutely brilliant talent, they'd still have to spend a bunch of time getting the new people onboarded with the specifics of KSP2.

So... I think we'll be lucky for a Christmas launch - and Feb isn't unlikely, either.

On 5/1/2020 at 5:18 PM, Superfluous J said:

I wonder if maybe it is.

7 hours ago, Bingleberry said:

The dev team is not doing any marketing, they’re programming and rooting out bugs, this is why large companies have devoted marketing teams, and why developers need to team with publishers. Providing gameplay trailers is not going to take time from the dev team, because it is the marketing team(through the publisher) that would be putting these things together...

Somebody needs to create and provide the dev build to the marketers, install it for them on their recording rig, troubleshoot issues that come up, hastily patch over obvious bugs that will take time to fix properly, communicate findings back to the dev team, etc. Yes you can probably still do other dev work during this process, but it's not a 0-hour investment.

34 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Somebody needs to create and provide the dev build to the marketers, install it for them on their recording rig, troubleshoot issues that come up, hastily patch over obvious bugs that will take time to fix properly, communicate findings back to the dev team, etc. Yes you can probably still do other dev work during this process, but it's not a 0-hour investment.

... or the dev team provides marketing the hours upon hours of alpha footage they already have, you slap a “alpha gameplay” banner at the bottom, and the editors at marketing cut together a few clips. If they were prepping for a trade show, I could see your example, but it seems more probable that they’d just piece together a few gameplay videos from alpha footage that already exists.

Edit: Sure, it takes time, but you don’t need to provide marketing a finished product and it is necessary to move product

Edited by Bingleberry

2 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

... which was recorded to document bugs in the bug tracker? Probably not the best idea for a marketing video.

... if the game is less than a year away, they have an ample supply of decent video... if we’re less than a year away, they’re working on polish, the nuts and bolts should be done by now