Tutorial assistant AI called P.a.i.g.e

Vl3d

I guess MechJeb is called P.a.i.g.e ... probably it's the same AI that handles the simulation / tutorials.

Later edit: It's just the tutorial helper AI.

p-a-i-g-e.png

Edited by Vl3d
no MechJeb in the EA release

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Hmm, I wonder what it stands for.

Personal Artificial Intelligence Guidance Expert?

I was thinking Personal Artificial Intelligence for Guidance on Exploration, but yours is more succinct. Chances are, the full name is never spelled out and we are equally correct. 

Edited by t_v
's'

Well, I fully expect the devs to implement some type of automated launch and land system at some point in the life cycle of this product - else, the game will fail long term commercially.  Launching and landing manually is hard and taxing to do repetitively.  And a vast majority of casual players will not have the patience, especially if they expect those casual players to be mining resource, making munar colonies to harvest resources, and launching interstellar ships (albiet I believe when you get to the interstellar part of the game, they plan to have an orbital VAB - however I am guessing that will have to be fed resources you mine from Kerbol  celestial bodies).  Anyways, if they call that future automation P.A.I.G.E. and actually have it talk to you while performing the automation, that would be an awesome dovetail from using PAIGE for the tutorials, albiet I would much prefer the voice of the HAL9000.

Edited by dansiegel30

6 minutes ago, dansiegel30 said:

Well, I fully expect the devs to implement some type of automated launch and land system at some point in the life cycle of this product - else, the game will fail long term commercially.  Launching and landing manually is hard and taxing to do repetitively.  And a vast majority of casual players will not have the patience, especially if they expect those casual players to be mining resource, making munar colonies to harvest resources, and launching interstellar ships (albiet I believe when you get to the interstellar part of the game, they plan to have an orbital VAB - however I am guessing that will have to be fed resources you mine from Kerbol  celestial bodies).  Anyways, if they call that future automation P.A.I.G.E. and actually have it talk to you while performing the automation, that would be an awesome dovetail from using PAIGE for the tutorials, albiet I would much prefer the voice of the HAL9000.

That is just simply not true.  It may be the case for you, but the vast majority of players don't use MJ or other tools to do these things.  Heck, docking is far harder than landing, and most people do that manually.

8 hours ago, Vl3d said:

I guess MechJeb is called P.a.i.g.e ... probably it's the same AI that handles the simulation / tutorials.

p-a-i-g-e.png

I don't use MechJeb regularly but I don't recall it saying anything near to this. I do recall it having more options than"Continue" though.

37 minutes ago, dansiegel30 said:

Well, I fully expect the devs to implement some type of automated launch and land system at some point in the life cycle of this product - else, the game will fail long term commercially.  Launching and landing manually is hard and taxing to do repetitively.

Good news! Automated supply routes for colonies have been confirmed for a while now, so you'll only have to do each resource delivery grind once. Maybe P.A.I.G.E. can have a line or two about being the one flying those missions once the colony update drops.

There's no MechJeb in the game for now. P.a.i.g.e is just the tutorial AI.

And the image is from the game, it appears as a pop-up when you run out of fuel and states that you can revert the flight if you want to.

I was not confirming anything, I'm just trying to make sense of everything. I might get it wrong a lot of the time, so that's why it's useful to correct me.

2 hours ago, obney kerman said:

Good news! Automated supply routes for colonies have been confirmed for a while now, so you'll only have to do each resource delivery grind once. Maybe P.A.I.G.E. can have a line or two about being the one flying those missions once the colony update drops.

The first thing that makes gameplay frustrating in KSP1 is the steep learning curve.

The second thing is the times when I've had to make refuelling runs from Ike or Gilly to make my interplanetary ships fit for the return journey, or constant Kerbin to Minmus runs for science/tourist missions..

If PAIGE can help with both, she's my new hero.

26 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

I was not confirming anything, I'm just trying to make sense of everything. I might get it wrong a lot of the time, so that's why it's useful to correct me.

Sounds like Cunningham's Law. In case the image doesn't come across, here's a link to the site I found it on: https://br.ifunny.co/picture/murphy-law-murphy-s-law-states-that-the-best-way-8CQeizeZ8

533cdafeae3237cd52c570819b8f6850eb845cfd5300ec3790dbdd494ebba4df_1.webp

3 hours ago, Vl3d said:

And the image is from the game, it appears as a pop-up when you run out of fuel and states that you can revert the flight if you want to.

Totally cool, no problem.  I just wanted to make sure everyone understood what P.A.I.G.E. was (and wasn't). The videos yesterday were awesome, but they weren't very clear on that point

4 hours ago, Vl3d said:

For what it's worth, I understood you weren't trying to be directly literal by referencing mechjeb :joy:

I wonder how much the 'simulation' system is gonna be used, seems pretty neat

17 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Later edit: It's just the tutorial helper AI.

p-a-i-g-e.png

When I first saw P.a.i.g.e. I thought that, Hey look! An Adam Conover-themed Kerbal!

14 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I'm going to jump in on this one before it gets too far.
There is no MechJeb in the game.
P.A.I.G.E. is the name of the AI in the new tutorials

Heck! 

MechJeb III time then!

6 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Your attempt to make sense of something that hasn't even come out yet was certainly confusing and made no sense at all.  I simply ask that you please be more careful about what you post so that there is no confusion.