[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

20 hours ago, terminalmonky said:

@DStaal and @Aelfhe1m, thank you very much for your help.  It worked perfectly.  I do not see a git hub on OPT Legacy to report the issue but I will drop a message on the thread.  Thank you again.  

Cheers

There is a git repo for OPT Legacy, just hasn't been advertised lol. https://github.com/Moobien/OPT_Legacy

Hey Kerbonauts,

I'm trying to work on an MM config that will need to including a certain term followed by a wildcard.

Basically I'm trying to give all trusses (from a large variety of part mods) the ability to stack attach. I know how to set up every part of the MM config except I'm not entirely sure how to aim it specifically at truss pieces.

I'm looking at something like:

@part[*]:HAS[@title[Truss (* or wildcard)]]:FINAL
{
	@attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0
}

So for example a mod part I'm looking at has a title of Truss x1, where the next few parts have titles Truss x2 and so on. I'd like the MM config to just add the attach rules to every part with a title that contains "Truss". I have basic knowledge of MM scripting but I have no idea how to create an MM patch that encompasses a part/title/etc that has the term Truss in it (if it's possible).

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance!

Edited by shoe7ess

@shoe7ess Because title is a key rather than node you would use # instead of @ in the :HAS clause. Also because MM is case sensitive and :HAS does not support OR you need two patches to catch both "spellings":

@PART[*]:HAS[#title[*Truss*]]:FINAL
{
	@attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0
}
@PART[*]:HAS[#title[*truss*]]:FINAL
{
	@attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0
}

50 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

@shoe7ess Because title is a key rather than node you would use # instead of @ in the :HAS clause. Also because MM is case sensitive and :HAS does not support OR you need two patches to catch both "spellings":

@PART[*]:HAS[#title[*Truss*]]:FINAL
{
	@attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0
}
@PART[*]:HAS[#title[*truss*]]:FINAL
{
	@attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0
}

Wonderful! Thank you so much. This will not only make the efforts of the trusses easier, but now my mind is flooded with everything else I can do with this expression to implement. <3 MM and thank you so much!

Need a little help.

I'm writing a patch which will be modifying every fuel tank.  I have it mostly working but have one case where it isn't:

@PART[*]:HAS[#node_stack_top[*],#category[FuelTank],#bulkheadProfiles[size1]]
{
// stuff being added
}

I'm going to have different version for each bulkheadProfile size.  My problem is that the above does not work if, for example, the part has something like the following:

bulkheadProfiles = size1, srf

it doesn't match, I'm assuming that what I've specified is an exact match.  How can I change it to look for the presence of what I want?

On another note, I know there are some parts which have multiple sizes listed in the bulkheadProfiles.  So, if I have multiple copies of this, and a part has multiple bulkheadProfiles which match (ie:  size1, size2), would checking for the existence of the new module in the 2nd patch be sufficient (ie:  If it was added in the first, do not add it in the second)?

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Need a little help.

I'm writing a patch which will be modifying every fuel tank.  I have it mostly working but have one case where it isn't:

@PART[*]:HAS[#node_stack_top[*],#category[FuelTank],#bulkheadProfiles[size1]]
{
// stuff being added
}

I'm going to have different version for each bulkheadProfile size.  My problem is that the above does not work if, for example, the part has something like the following:

bulkheadProfiles = size1, srf

it doesn't match, I'm assuming that what I've specified is an exact match.  How can I change it to look for the presence of what I want?

On another note, I know there are some parts which have multiple sizes listed in the bulkheadProfiles.  So, if I have multiple copies of this, and a part has multiple bulkheadProfiles which match (ie:  size1, size2), would checking for the existence of the new module in the 2nd patch be sufficient (ie:  If it was added in the first, do not add it in the second)?

Thanks in advance

Figured it out.  For some reason I didn't think wildcards work work, but they do

Hi all

I'm looking to add some stuff to the end of FARPartModuleTransformExceptions.cfg using MM ... Thing is it is not a part config and I am at a loss as to how to add the exceptions I need to add for my aircraft armor to be compatible with FAR (meaning not being accounted for during aero calcs or when showing the voxels)

I already have working entries and it works brilliantly, however I am hoping that there is a way through MM to add the entries instead of having to overwrite FARPartModuleTransformExceptions.cfg

Any help is greatly appreciated

does anyone know if I can use the Part Upgrades feature to change the name of the part as it appears in the VAB?

I'm looking to add a "Mk2" or something so that an upgraded part can be differentiated from an earlier version.

21 minutes ago, Tyko said:

does anyone know if I can use the Part Upgrades feature to change the name of the part as it appears in the VAB?

I'm looking to add a "Mk2" or something so that an upgraded part can be differentiated from an earlier version.

That's not possible.  The upgrade system was really only designed to affect part modules, not fields on the part itself.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:23 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

Hi all

I'm looking to add some stuff to the end of FARPartModuleTransformExceptions.cfg using MM ... Thing is it is not a part config and I am at a loss as to how to add the exceptions I need to add for my aircraft armor to be compatible with FAR (meaning not being accounted for during aero calcs or when showing the voxels)

I already have working entries and it works brilliantly, however I am hoping that there is a way through MM to add the entries instead of having to overwrite FARPartModuleTransformExceptions.cfg

Any help is greatly appreciated

I looked at the way FAR does this and it turns out you don't even need to use MM - you can just add another cfg file with a FARPartModuleTransformExceptions node and FAR will load them all

@blowfish

@Tyko

You can use PartStatsUpgradeModule to modify part fields through the upgrade system (that's what it's there for). What he wants wouldn't be supported since title isn't actually defined on Part.

(and some Part fields are flat out disallowed such as name and other unsafe fields)

Edited by Starwaster

9 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

@blowfish

@Tyko

You can use PartStatsUpgradeModule to modify part fields through the upgrade system (that's what it's there for). What he wants wouldn't be supported since title isn't actually defined on Part.

(and some Part fields are flat out disallowed such as name and other unsafe fields)

Yes, in this case the relevant data isn't even stored on the part.  Didn't realize there was general handling for part fields on this module though, thanks for making me look into that

Edited by blowfish

4 hours ago, Trekkie148 said:

the solar panel glitch has been gone for a wile and then it came back and I was wondering what went wrong. Thanks

What ever problem you have with solar panels comes from a mod that you use, not MM.

2 minutes ago, sarbian said:

What ever problem you have with solar panels comes from a mod that you use, not MM.

IDK what mod is giving me the issue but here are my mods CameraTools DestructionEffects-1.6.0 DistantObject EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements KerbalX KerbCam Klockheed_Martian_SSE Kopernicus KSP-AVC KSPWheel ReentryParticleEffect RetractableLiftingSurface scatterer SHED StockVisualEnhancements TextureReplacer VesselMover

Edited by Trekkie148

6 hours ago, Trekkie148 said:

IDK what mod is giving me the issue but here are my mods

Do some basic troubleshooting: remove mods one-at-a-time to see which one fixes the problem when removed, and then maybe ask about it in that mod's thread.  Don't post your mod list here and expect MM developers/users to investigate a problem that isn't related to MM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. After exhausting all the different combination I could think of and wasting a few hours in the process, here I am: Asking for help.

I want to create a patch that will, for every part that have a MODULE named ModuleGimbal defined, add, to this same module, the following key: "gimbalResponseSpeed = 15" IF AND ONLY IF there is no such key already defined.

How would I do that?

So, this example part:

Spoiler

PART

{

name = VectoringJetEngine

[...]

MODULE

{

name = ModuleGimbal

[...]

gimbalRange = 5

useGimbalResponseSpeed = true

}

[...]

}

Would become:

Spoiler

PART

{

name = VectoringJetEngine

[...]

MODULE

{

name = ModuleGimbal

[...]

gimbalRange = 5

gimbalResponseSpeed = 15

}

[...]

}

But this one would not get changed because it already have "gimbalResponseSpeed" defined:

Spoiler

PART

{

name = RocketEngine

[...]

MODULE

{

name = ModuleGimbal

[...]

gimbalRange = 2

gimbalResponseSpeed = 4

}

[...]

}

Thanks.

Edited by Galenmacil

14 hours ago, Galenmacil said:

I want to create a patch that will, for every part that have a MODULE named ModuleGimbal defined, add, to this same module, the following key: "gimbalResponseSpeed = 15" IF AND ONLY IF there is no such key already defined.

@PART
{
	@MODULE:HAS[#name[ModuleGimbal]]
	{
		&gimbalResponseSpeed = 15
	}
}

Sorry for not using "code" I'm on mobile

Edited by Sigma88