[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

13 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Need to step in and manage expectations - we do NOT have new IVAs for the CM or related parts. Rodger started on one but it wasn't finished. Just to clear the air there! :) Hopefully some day.

(Snip)

Hopefully soon or you could use the ro capsules iva for that?

Like I promised, Saturn Delta. A Saturn in the shape of a Delta II. 

Note: The dot in front of Kerbol in the last pic is Moho.

Edit: Oh yeah, the payload is 11 Tons. The core stage still had half its delta V upon reaching a 100km x 100km 0 degree orbit. After lighting the engines again and after the second stage ran out, the 11 ton payload was out past the orbit of Eeloo. Keep in mind this is just a transfer orbit, not circularization burn as it was out of fuel. 

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I9kfj8f.jpg

xOS7Wci.png

hcon7il.png

HpZ1owq.jpg

DcJoSOy.png

QaFrrDQ.jpg

Edited by GoldForest

18 hours ago, oniontrain said:

Are all the Coatl parts merged now? Should i uninstall it to avoid duplicates?

No. Coatl is its own separate mod, with its own style for textures and models. BDB has introduced some satellites that are also in Coatl (like Pioneer 10/11, Mariner 3-5, and now more recently Surveyor), so there is overlap. These are not intended to "replace" Coatl, as these are just BDB's take on these satellites, which have a different vibe than Coatl's styling. Coatl also has plenty of other satellites (like Cassini, Juno, STEREO, etc) that are not in BDB, so if you care about having those other satellites in your install, you shouldn't uninstall Coatl. It is important to mention that BDB's parts for Pioneer 10/11, Mariner, and Surveyor (or Kepler's reaction wheels, which also exist in Coatl) do not cause any bugs or conflicts with Coatl in any way. BDB and Coatl can both be installed, you'll just have two different variations of the parts that overlap between Coatl and BDB.

Also, we are working with Akron (the creator of Coatl) to bring some of his unfinished projects from Coatl to BDB, such as Mariner 8/9, Viking, and Viking Orbiter to BDB. It's also possible other satellites that exist in Coatl might be covered in BDB in the future, but there are no definitive plans for this.

On 8/8/2023 at 1:26 PM, DaveyJ576 said:

Thank you for the consideration.

On a semi-related note, how is the Oscar-1 sub-satellite supposed to be attached to the Agena? It does not have a built-in decoupler, and I can't seem to get any of the other decouplers to surface attach to the Agena A/B equipment rack. The equipment rack itself also does not have a side decoupler. It is distinctly possible that I am missing something obvious, but I am scratching my head on this one.

Oscar-1 is referred to as a subsatellite, but it is more of an additional payload than a subsatellite. Oscar-1 was pretty much bolted onto the aft equipment rack of a KH-3 Agena-B and to my knowledge wasn't hooked up to the satellite in any other way, as it had its own internal power supply and transmitter. Therefore no decoupler or specialized part, just attach it to the Agena-B aft shroud.

3 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

screenshot242.png

screenshot234.png

screenshot236.png

screenshot237.png

screenshot240.png

Just a fun little agena sat lol

Such a beautiful satellite! I wonder if you would add real Seasat 1 parts to BDB?

Also, the waterfall config for Pioneer6 midcourse engine seems to be missing, could you add it to 1.13 release?

UPDATE - BLUEDOG DESIGN BUREAU  v1.13.0 “Забытый”

sbNrj6V.png

BDB v1.13.0 Release Album

GITHUB DOWNLOAD    |  SPACEDOCK DOWNLOAD TBA

should also be available via CKAN soon.

7xqjIj5.png

New Content and Features

• Surveyor parts including historical lander and conceptual orbiter
  • Minotaur I parts including M55A1, SR19, Orion 50XL and Orion 38, both fairings
  • Complete revamp of Helios parts, featuring additional Helios parts not previously in BDB, like dust analyzer experiment, zodiacal light photometer experiment, low gain antenna, and specialized adapter
  • MORL space station including station core, solar panels, Plutonium Brayton-cycle generator, and resistojet electric RCS
  • New Kepler Space Telescope part set
  • New Syncom 1-3 satellite part
  • Low profile 4.25m (s4b sized) stack decoupler
  • New fairings and adapters for Carrack (from ETS) and the proposed Athena III by Estreetrockets
  • New IVAs developed in collaboration with FreeIVA developer JonnyOThan for most station parts missing IVAs including the Skylab MDA, Airlock, and ETS Research Module. IVAs have support for FreeIVA.

hQ9s5dX.png

Updates and Enhancements

• New BDB Extras Patch for realism-inspired alternate XLR81 Agena engine textures. Features a green outer nozzle for the XLR81-8096 and white inner nozzles for the Agena-B and Agena-D XLR81 variants
  • New BDB Extras Patch for alternate Juno/Redstone textures. Features a variant of the Juno tank texture with Latin alphabet lettering and a no letters variant
  • New Agena-D Seasat Texture Variants
  • TAC life support command pods update thanks to birdog357
  • Updated Extraplanetary Launchpads support
  • Castor 120 Air variants Isp update
  • Castor 120XL Air variant

GfdBOJC.png

Bug fixes

• Fix compatibility with Tantares APAS-75
  • Improvements to realfuels compatibility with Scout solids
  • Fix S-II Wet Workshop crew requirements
  • Minor texture fixes for Juno/Redstone
  • Various minor config typo fixes
  • Changed Pegaus Micrometeorite Experiment Panel from a electric part to a science part
  • Added electric charge to OSCAR-1
  • Update Module Manager version

TwnqlWp.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

UPDATE - BLUEDOG DESIGN BUREAU  v1.13.0 “Забытый”

sbNrj6V.png

BDB v1.13.0 Release Album

GITHUB DOWNLOAD    |  SPACEDOCK DOWNLOAD TBA

should also be available via CKAN soon.

7xqjIj5.png

New Content and Features

• Surveyor parts including historical lander and conceptual orbiter
  • Minotaur I parts including M55A1, SR19, Orion 50XL and Orion 38, both fairings
  • Complete revamp of Helios parts, featuring additional Helios parts not previously in BDB, like dust analyzer experiment, zodiacal light photometer experiment, low gain antenna, and specialized adapter
  • MORL space station including station core, solar panels, Plutonium Brayton-cycle generator, and resistojet electric RCS
  • New Kepler Space Telescope part set
  • New Syncom 1-3 satellite part
  • Low profile 4.25m (s4b sized) stack decoupler
  • New fairings and adapters for Carrack (from ETS) and the proposed Athena III by Estreetrockets
  • New IVAs developed in collaboration with FreeIVA developer JonnyOThan for most station parts missing IVAs including the Skylab MDA, Airlock, and ETS Research Module. IVAs have support for FreeIVA.

hQ9s5dX.png

Updates and Enhancements

• New BDB Extras Patch for realism-inspired alternate XLR81 Agena engine textures. Features a green outer nozzle for the XLR81-8096 and white inner nozzles for the Agena-B and Agena-D XLR81 variants
  • New BDB Extras Patch for alternate Juno/Redstone textures. Features a variant of the Juno tank texture with Latin alphabet lettering and a no letters variant
  • New Agena-D Seasat Texture Variants
  • TAC life support command pods update thanks to birdog357
  • Updated Extraplanetary Launchpads support
  • Castor 120 Air variants Isp update
  • Castor 120XL Air variant

GfdBOJC.png

Bug fixes

• Fix compatibility with Tantares APAS-75
  • Improvements to realfuels compatibility with Scout solids
  • Fix S-II Wet Workshop crew requirements
  • Minor texture fixes for Juno/Redstone
  • Various minor config typo fixes
  • Changed Pegaus Micrometeorite Experiment Panel from a electric part to a science part
  • Added electric charge to OSCAR-1
  • Update Module Manager version

TwnqlWp.png

thanks @CobaltWolf @Zorg @Invaderchaos and all of the BDB team for creating such an excellent mod 

thanks KBIC

Found a satellite called Quill and decided to make it via Kitbash. Surprised it isn't in BDB since it's super simple to make. It's just a SAR bolted to the side of a Keyhole Agena. @Invaderchaos Since you're the probe make for BDB, would it be possible to get actual Quill parts? 

1687148.jpg

zzRzRvN.png

53FlpFV.png

9enFP8J.png

mcuRtPR.png

xRpTAIC.png

Edited by GoldForest

I had to make an account to thank all of the devs involved in BDB. My KSP experience is just better with this mod. Being able to make a Thor-able -no pun intended- was the reason why I chose BDB and then found out it had so many parts and all those "what-ifs" ... Blew my mind :confused: The BDB - JNSQ combo is just great.

It's so nice to see that it's still being actively developed, thank you for your time and effort.

4 hours ago, Gupyzer0 said:

The BDB - JNSQ combo is just great.

Welcome to the forums. The BDB + JNSQ combo is pretty fantastic, that's what I have too, for my #2 install. My #1 install is BDB + KSRSS Reborn + KatnissCape(+Retro) + MLP.  This combo is very hard to beat, especially with a few more synergetic part mods, and there are several. Chirp if you're looking for recommendations! 

6 hours ago, Jasonl897 said:

B9 Part Switch Fatal Error

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uhEW2Z6MJ0jGaEIyDTLNiWQzxq6Pesnn?usp=drive_link

included in the file is the logs and screenshots of my mods

Hi, thanks for the report! It's an issue with MiniSampleReturnCapsule, at least in older versions of it. Make sure you have the latest version of that mod and see if it persists.

16 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Found a satellite called Quill and decided to make it via Kitbash. Surprised it isn't in BDB since it's super simple to make. It's just a SAR bolted to the side of a Keyhole Agena. @Invaderchaos Since you're the probe make for BDB, would it be possible to get actual Quill parts? 

1687148.jpg

zzRzRvN.png

53FlpFV.png

9enFP8J.png

mcuRtPR.png

xRpTAIC.png

I really like Giuseppe’s work, but in this case it is somewhat misleading. I have seen actual launch photos of the Quill payload. It had a substantial fairing covering the SAR array. I have been considering ways of kitbashing one, but no luck so far. @Beccab any ideas?

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

I really like Giuseppe’s work, but in this case it is somewhat misleading. I have seen actual launch photos of the Quill payload. It had a substantial fairing covering the SAR array. I have been considering ways of kitbashing one, but no luck so far. @Beccab any ideas?

I couldn't find anything on Quill besides an artist rendition of it in orbit plus the picture I have embedded. 

I didn't know it was supposed to have a fairing. Probably best thing to do would be to have an interstage procedural fairing covering the SAR.

2 hours ago, bigyihsuan said:

How do you turn off the foil on the Agena parts?

1bSpSw8.pnglgkLWYc.png

The foil is only apart of the Seasat texture afaik. Seems you have a glitched texture.

Edited by GoldForest