[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

15 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

not entirely sure if the bluesmurff config is working

i can't get anything into low earth orbit at all, they always fall quite short

i do have the skyhawk mod with the extra fuels, but considering that just converts the base fuels, idk

Titan II is something that falls HARD on if you just convert from default KeroLOX to AZ50/NTO you will have problems getting it into orbit.   The fuel load for AZ50/NTO needs to be about 70% full not max full.

Kinda why I suggest the AZ50/NTO fuel setup included in BDB Extras (beyond the fact that in conjunction with JSO I made them)   Because it defaults the Titan tanks to that 70% value.   

VisaV performance... I can get a Gemini Capsule on AZ50/NTO into 120km orbit on JNSQ (2.7x scale) without issue.

I have never been a fan of mods like Smurf for the exact reason you are having... easier just to use a REscale program and bump stock KSP to 2.5-2.7x scale range.   All the good mods are scaled off of stock engines anyway.

Edited by Pappystein

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

Titan II is something that falls HARD on if you just convert from default KeroLOX to AZ50/NTO you will have problems getting it into orbit.   The fuel load for AZ50/NTO needs to be about 70% full not max full.

Kinda why I suggest the AZ50/NTO fuel setup included in BDB Extras (beyond the fact that in conjunction with JSO I made them)   Because it defaults the Titan tanks to that 70% value.   

VisaV performance... I can get a Gemini Capsule on AZ50/NTO into 120km orbit on JNSQ (2.7x scale) without issue.

I have never been a fan of mods like Smurf for the exact reason you are having... easier just to use a REscale program and bump stock KSP to 2.5-2.7x scale range.   All the good mods are scaled off of stock engines anyway.

i'm trying to get it to work with rss without installing rp-1 or ro because i really cba with them

2 hours ago, Teslamax said:

I started a new save and got a contract to take pictures with the KH-4 and then return them via re-entry capsule. 

How do you transfer the pictures to the capsule?

Right-click the capsule, pick Collect All from the menu.

It can be tricky to click on the capsule when it's beneath the heat shield. I can usually zoom way in during orbit to see the capsule probe. Assign an action key from VAB to Collect All if needed.

7 hours ago, Teslamax said:

I started a new save and got a contract to take pictures with the KH-4 and then return them via re-entry capsule. 

How do you transfer the pictures to the capsule?

4 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Right-click the capsule, pick Collect All from the menu.

It can be tricky to click on the capsule when it's beneath the heat shield. I can usually zoom way in during orbit to see the capsule probe. Assign an action key from VAB to Collect All if needed.

The capsule is also in the staging bar, so you can right-click it from there.

2 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

Is there a particular reason that the Apollo service module lacks a hydrogen-oxygen variant of its fuel cell, while the Gemini service modules do have that option?

The hydrogen fuel cell patch was created by someone not on the BDB team long ago and is not maintained by the BDB team.  Said person is either gone from KSP or modding in general, and thus does not maintain the patch anymore.

Since the patch was last updated/created, the mod has gone through several big updates, thus breaking the patch. 

It should be as easy as renaming the apollo modules inside the hydrogen fuel cell patch in the extra folder to the names of the new apollo modules. 

The fact it still works with Gemini is kind of surprising. 

Edited by GoldForest

On 9/26/2023 at 10:11 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Of course there is, that's why I didn't include it in that post! :P (light hearted ribbing, no worries)

Still nothing on Viking. Rest assured you all will be the first to know once there is one.

This old thing had a working Viking lander in really good detail. Obviously very old and outdated these days, but might make a good starting point?

Edited by Brainpop14

On 12/16/2023 at 3:30 AM, zakkpaz said:

@CobaltWolf @Zorg there hasn't been an update or a progress report in awhile, did you guys move on to other projector or are you just taking a break?

No judgement, I just feel like I might have missed some news, and I was really looking forward to the Atlas revamp.

For me, something of a break for various reasons. I did post the finished LR101 model last month but that was the only progress I made in a few months. But hoping to get back to Atlas after the new year.

On 12/17/2023 at 5:39 PM, GoldForest said:

The hydrogen fuel cell patch was created by someone not on the BDB team long ago and is not maintained by the BDB team.  Said person is either gone from KSP or modding in general, and thus does not maintain the patch anymore.

Since the patch was last updated/created, the mod has gone through several big updates, thus breaking the patch. 

It should be as easy as renaming the apollo modules inside the hydrogen fuel cell patch in the extra folder to the names of the new apollo modules. 

The fact it still works with Gemini is kind of surprising. 

Upon thinking about this, I'm not sure this is entirely the case. I do not have an optional patch for BDB installed (aside from the real names patch). The hydrogen-oxygen fuel cell switch exists within the standard BDB file for the Gemini equipment module. Still, I'll go looking for the old Apollo fuel cell patch.

On 12/19/2023 at 9:25 AM, septemberWaves said:

Upon thinking about this, I'm not sure this is entirely the case. I do not have an optional patch for BDB installed (aside from the real names patch). The hydrogen-oxygen fuel cell switch exists within the standard BDB file for the Gemini equipment module. Still, I'll go looking for the old Apollo fuel cell patch.

Oh, right right. The Gemini pods have BDB implemented fuel cells while the patch is only for Apollo.  Wonder why Apollo didn't get fuel cell treatment.

@CobaltWolf @Zorg Any reason why you gave Gemini hydrogen fuel cells, but not Apollo? 

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

@CobaltWolfHey, the uhh, I can't remember what it's called but the Delta IV DCSS engine that was supposed to replace the RL-10, the extendable version is identical to the regular version except with increased mass, I think it should have slight increase in ISP or something?

The RX-60? On that note if that isn't it I would like to know what that engine is for.

22 hours ago, Pxtseryu said:

The RX-60? On that note if that isn't it I would like to know what that engine is for.

Ermm, yeah, I think that's it. The hydrolox engine that looks kinda like a big Delta II AJ-10. The extending variant has identical stats to the non-extending variant, except with a slight increase in weight, making it useless.

I really want to use this my but every time I try to start the game with the mod installed it says the BN switch part is had a fatal air and I’ll have to restart the game and I don’t understand why this is supposed to be for game version 1 .12.5 the last update, right

16 hours ago, Cjd said:

I really want to use this my but every time I try to start the game with the mod installed it says the BN switch part is had a fatal air and I’ll have to restart the game and I don’t understand why this is supposed to be for game version 1 .12.5 the last update, right

You have to have the latest version of Blowfish's B9-Partswitch.   Further other mods can cause conflicts which could result in those errors. 

Since you are new:  Below in my signature is the "First steps to support Start HERE!" list of instructions.   the OP of the thread is by Nathan Kell who is/was one of the main drivers of modded game-play throughout KSP's history.

Basically KSP1 is pretty easy to troubleshoot if you just pay attention to what you are doing in your GameData folder.

**SOMETIMES** you do need to wipe your GameData Folder and start over...  In those cases (I am playing KSP1 and KSP2 via Steam) I just use Steam to "Validate files" to re-install the core KSP files I play with.

Your GameData folder should contain ALL of the following in addition to the basic 2 squad folders:

B9PartSwitch
Bluedog_DB
CommunityResourcePack
DeployableEngines
DMagicScienceAnimate
SimpleAdjustableFairings
SystemHeat
Waterfall

And the most recent ModuleManager.dll  (I am currently running ModuleManager.4.2.3.dll)

Edited by Pappystein

Happy most densely packed Holliday season of the year everyone (what 19 different Holidays all in 20 days?)!

5mUPvqc.jpg

How to get your Earth   Kerbin Sciences probe to the North Pole when you haven't unlocked parts to make a plane!

Yes Inline Ballute for main stage recovery!    #CleanUpYourTrash

And YES the probe is in a second Aero-shell... won't survive without it and the heatshield

PVELQ5D.jpg

The Probe (yes it is a different one, the first one did not survive due to burnup)  Aerobreaking to land RIGHT at the North Pole...    Looking for St Nick!

8R3XS1i.jpg

Just before touchdown.     OK I am here Where is bloody St Nick?  I was promised Santa Claus!  

Merry Christmas!