[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Hey. This topic is so large its hard to find things sometimes. When the pioneer probe was released there was talk about voyager being made sometime in the future. I think it was mentioned to be a separate mod but cannot remember. Any news on that? I assume its still a wip but I can be really slow sometimes. I find out about great mod releases 6 months after they come out hahah

8 hours ago, dave1904 said:

Hey. This topic is so large its hard to find things sometimes. When the pioneer probe was released there was talk about voyager being made sometime in the future. I think it was mentioned to be a separate mod but cannot remember. Any news on that? I assume its still a wip but I can be really slow sometimes. I find out about great mod releases 6 months after they come out hahah

The Voyager (and many other probes) are part of the Probes Plus! mod. I even think that the creators of both BDB and Probes Plus! have some regular contact to make sure their mods go together quite well.

20 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

@GoldForest I have an amazing idea for another cursed rocket but my PC does not feel well so here's one for the taking. 

Saturn I block I thrust augmented. 

A family of rockets with SRBs instead of fins. And a heavy version with 3 cores. 

Use SIVb as the 2ndstage and SIV as the 3rd. Heavy can run Centaur as 4th stage.

Ultimate old hardware reuse.

That's not cursed at all, kind of based actually. 

11 hours ago, dave1904 said:

The Voyager (Non-Mars) probe is a joint venture between @akron and BDB, though I think @Invaderchaos was the one handling that project, but Invader's life has gotten... well, chaotic from what I've heard. And yes, pun intended. So yeah, we might not see Voyager Space Probe anytime soon. 

7 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Mars Voyager time! This is a super long album, so check the link!

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Um... opss, make sure the control point is the right one before lift off:

Reveal hidden contents

irjZKzO.png

PKJoCjB.jpg

waOJkoK.jpg

61N42JM.jpg

wXTR9ZL.png

r9a6YLE.jpg

f160NTt.jpg

zSrLXw3.jpg

HWh5ZVG.png

KvLwxuT.jpg

That oops gave you one thing… the world record for a javelin throw! &)

13 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

That oops gave you one thing… the world record for a javelin throw! &)

Feels more like the world's worst lawn mower, though a firey explosion of death is the best way to make sure your lawn is clean... 

12 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

How does Voyager Mars compare to Viking landers? I've got the feeling that the lander itself is actually smaller then viking.

Voyager Mars probes are bigger. 

Teaser image of an upcoming test launch: (Yes, taking a break from the probes of BDB)

Yes, that is an Atlas Heavy. Yes, it has boosters galore. And yes, the engines are AR-1s. 

MtxOndW.jpg

Edited by GoldForest

hmmm i have a problem with the Apollo/Saturn Parts don't fitting for some reason. Meaning the Node of the Interstage e.g. being too high so that the 1st Stage tank goes in the Interstage. Same with the other parts. Could this be a problem with other mods like Tweak scale or something. I Installed ~90% of the mods i have installed through CKAN

1 hour ago, AveXx said:

hmmm i have a problem with the Apollo/Saturn Parts don't fitting for some reason. Meaning the Node of the Interstage e.g. being too high so that the 1st Stage tank goes in the Interstage. Same with the other parts. Could this be a problem with other mods like Tweak scale or something. I Installed ~90% of the mods i have installed through CKAN

A lot of the Saturn and Apollo parts have double/hidden nodes within each other. Make sure you're using the right nodes.

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

A lot of the Saturn and Apollo parts have double/hidden nodes within each other. Make sure you're using the right nodes.

yeah but this is what happens when i build it or when i load the included craft File.

Spoiler

HY8FcnR.th.jpg HY8F5ua.th.jpg HY8FYZv.th.jpg HY8F7wJ.th.jpg HY8FlGp.th.jpg HY8F06N.th.jpg HY8FEFI.th.jpg HY8FGat.th.jpg HY8FM8X.th.jpg HY8FW9n.th.jpg HY8FXus.th.jpg HY8FhwG.th.jpg

And until now i cant figure out why it comes to that 

Edited by AveXx

12 minutes ago, AveXx said:

yeah but this is what happens when i build it or when i load the included craft File.

Reveal hidden contents

HY8FcnR.th.jpg HY8F5ua.th.jpg HY8FYZv.th.jpg HY8F7wJ.th.jpg HY8FlGp.th.jpg HY8F06N.th.jpg HY8FEFI.th.jpg HY8FGat.th.jpg HY8FM8X.th.jpg HY8FW9n.th.jpg HY8FXus.th.jpg HY8FhwG.th.jpg

Ah. Hmm. Well, can't help you there. What you can do is make it happen, instantly quit KSP, then upload your log file here. Someone more adept in loganese might be able to find the problem.

2 hours ago, AveXx said:

Reveal hidden contents

Looks like you may be using the old Saturn rescale patch.  It's redundant since the new Saturn V is the right scale now.

2 hours ago, Friznit said:

Looks like you may be using the old Saturn rescale patch.  It's redundant since the new Saturn V is the right scale now.

There was a rescale patch at some point ? :mellow: So i guess i should delete the BDB Folder and install new? or was that another folder, because i cant remember installing something like that. hmmm

2 hours ago, AveXx said:

There was a rescale patch at some point ? :mellow: So i guess i should delete the BDB Folder and install new? or was that another folder, because i cant remember installing something like that. hmmm

You should always clean install, to avoid problems like this. But the resize patch was in the extras folder.

13 hours ago, GoldForest said:

You should always clean install, to avoid problems like this. But the resize patch was in the extras folder.

i thought CKAN would delete all old stuff and install new. Anyway i did it manually and now it works.

14 hours ago, GoldForest said:

So... Atlas Heavy didn't go so well...

It seems  not enough time for 2nd stage to circularize.

You should try adding more engines to the centaur. Or replacing it entirely with more powerful stage.

@Blufor878You know why I consider this proposal an abomination?

It is due to literal insanity of it in terms of engineering. 

Those 1st stages are essentially clustered tanks NOT designed to carry any lateral force. Which is exactly what you did. Which is exactly what I proposed 

Edited by ra4nd0m

7 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

It seems  not enough time for 2nd stage to circularize.

You should try adding more engines to the centaur. Or replacing it entirely with more powerful stage.

@Blufor878You know why I consider this proposal an abomination?

It is due to literal insanity of it in terms of engineering. 

Those 1st stages are essentially clustered tanks NOT designed to carry any lateral force. Which is exactly what you did. Which is exactly what I proposed 

More engines on Centaur wouldn't help, there's not enough Delta V.

That mission to Laythe last week gave me just enough science to unlock Nuclear Pulse rockets. As to how to test it we are gonna send a probe to Valentine which may take about 75-120 years to get to and we just had enough budget to send a probe there without science equipment.

And yes the probe core is a Juno Guidance unit.

20230115112820_1_by_pudgemountain_dfmulwm-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZm11bHdtLTA2ZjZmNmYyLWJkNzktNGQ1NS04NzBlLTdjNDhiMDRmOTgyZC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.va_mK_-Eqoj6Q1562wA8g0uYKhIkCJiSEMo4NYNawkI

20230115112829_1_by_pudgemountain_dfmulwi-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZm11bHdpLTU5M2Y3YWEzLTk0NDAtNGNjOS1iMjVlLTdkYTllOWZhOWIyOS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19._Q-DyYwwMZ5UZwqyTasZ-XycH5XJfYJODulr9P_fRrs

20230115112858_1_by_pudgemountain_dfmulwg-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZm11bHdnLTBmOWE1MzQwLTVlNDYtNDlmZS05YjUyLTczMGQ3ZDM1OTY1NS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.z3telKytxY0ayLXGpkyezeeurIDzmBKSxncxwO2ROMM

20230115112956_1_by_pudgemountain_dfmulwc-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZm11bHdjLWIxNWZkMjdlLTVhYzQtNDQ3Ny1iYjRkLTQ4YWY4MzZkYjIzNy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.5YPFYTL9XgtZuip2biAd9b76u-52R4kmbf9PHzL8DGw

20230115113210_1_by_pudgemountain_dfmulw5-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZm11bHc1LTY2MmU3MjliLWYxOWUtNDU5Mi1iMjlkLTJhNTdjNGM2ODU1ZC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.QOU0ShwhroxlInDxAvi2dnpv_elMSKqR4EQXfZcGfdk

20230115113215_1_by_pudgemountain_dfmulw1-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZm11bHcxLTA4NjEwZGQwLTdjNGMtNDE1ZC05ZTZkLWQzZDc3MzM4NzEyNy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.K7twwR_-rDo69O8Dc3Orf5qJ1H9of8XmHXnRyTeGcCc

Unfortunately a Standard S-II with standard J-2s was not powerful enough to get it up.

20230115113505_1_by_pudgemountain_dfmulvv-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZm11bHZ2LWU0YmIxMWIyLWZhNmYtNGNmNy05NGMwLWNjZDk5NzNkOGMzMy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.haJB9dcxEvi2TNaNwIrMcW80regqM29NfashadUOywE

So we may or may not had violated a international treaty, atleast it wasn't used for war.

20230115114010_1_by_pudgemountain_dfmulvu-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZm11bHZ1LWU5NmYyMThlLWM2YTEtNGVmZC04MmQ2LWNkNjVmNGEwMmFjYi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.DRoaqu06GK84cQpC6dbyv2MDWEEkH6jHgdlew8G-1Ds