[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

First of all, I would like to say a big thank you to all the BDB mod developers for their amazing work. Ever since I was a kid, I've been excited to watch NASA's work exploring our little corner of space, and I never thought I'd ever have the chance to try it myself. I am soon to be a father to my first child and would like to pass on my love for space exploration and the technology behind it. And if I'm very lucky, we'll be able to continue together with the little one. I just have a question. Is there a chance that deep space probes will appear in future updates? Such as the Voyager, New Horizons, Cassini/Huygens, Juno, Galileo, Parker etc. missions?

Thanks again for many hours of fun :)

On 9/6/2024 at 7:00 AM, GoldForest said:

So, I've been kind of quiet here. 

Firstly, I got busy with my Lunar Supersized ISS.

Then my laptop went and died on me. 

I've got a new one. Specs below for any interested.

Reveal hidden contents

CPU: Ryzen 9 7945HX 16 cores/32 threads. Over 5Ghz single core boost
GPU: RTX 4070
RAM: 64 GB
Storage: 2 TB (Laptop came with 1TB, I added my old laptop's 1TB to make it 2.)
Screen: 2560 x 1440 240hz IPS

Anyway, played around in KSP to test it out. Got some more performance thanks to the monster CPU. 

Here's a Mercury Redstone launch.

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

9diYU4i.png

mqJmP5i.jpeg

MExTctQ.png

Itoe26L.png

FITNwjl.png

Damn, nice specs. Any specific make and model? I might look for a new laptop at some point when I save up enough

7 hours ago, LoadingTimeExpert said:

Damn, nice specs. Any specific make and model? I might look for a new laptop at some point when I save up enough

[2023] ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713PI 17.3" WQHD 240Hz, 2.5 GHz Ryzen 9 7945HX, RTX 4070, 64 GB DDR5 RAM, 1 TB PCIe SSD, Windows 11 Home - Newegg.com

I got this one from HIDevolution. (Basically, they are an authorized laptop SI. They take the laptop, upgrade the ram, storage and add liquid metal to the CPU and GPU.)

When you are looking for a laptop, avoid Intel 13th and 14th gen due to the degradation problem.

On 9/13/2024 at 7:50 AM, JustB said:

First of all, I would like to say a big thank you to all the BDB mod developers for their amazing work. Ever since I was a kid, I've been excited to watch NASA's work exploring our little corner of space, and I never thought I'd ever have the chance to try it myself. I am soon to be a father to my first child and would like to pass on my love for space exploration and the technology behind it. And if I'm very lucky, we'll be able to continue together with the little one. I just have a question. Is there a chance that deep space probes will appear in future updates? Such as the Voyager, New Horizons, Cassini/Huygens, Juno, Galileo, Parker etc. missions?

Thanks again for many hours of fun :)

(Attempted posting this on Friday, forums went down again...) Glad to hear how much you are enjoying it! Love to be part of happy memories. :)

Voyager is planned if Invader ever has time, but the later ones not so much. We tend to stick to 60s/70s stuff except for the rare thing that catches our eye.

Finally got over my artist's block and figured out something workable for the X-15 stack adapter. Just about ready to finish the rest of the texture switches for the X-15 parts.

FVBGJxv.png

459339302_928064556028686_48479106127819

I think this is the first time I've ever seen these particular Apollo test articles. According to the post on Facebook, this was part of a rescue training exercise. Also definitely not thinking about this being a possible in-game skin...
Also link to original (definitely not mine):
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=930503409118134&set=a.459928852842261

On 9/17/2024 at 12:41 AM, CobaltWolf said:

(Attempted posting this on Friday, forums went down again...) Glad to hear how much you are enjoying it! Love to be part of happy memories. :)

Voyager is planned if Invader ever has time, but the later ones not so much. We tend to stick to 60s/70s stuff except for the rare thing that catches our eye.

Finally got over my artist's block and figured out something workable for the X-15 stack adapter. Just about ready to finish the rest of the texture switches for the X-15 parts.

FVBGJxv.png

what's next after X-15?