[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

4 hours ago, davide96 said:

hello guys,does anybody know if it is possible to make this part here compatible with infernal robotics??IF5Egf3.png

As far as I know every part of htRobotics is compatible with Infernal Robotics next.

ok the problem should be solved, I don't know why when I installed the htrobotics from ckan he didn't install one patch in the folder, I had add the cfg missing manually downloading ht robotics from github

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a real blast with this mod in my career mode, but it seems that the experiments that you mount to the scientific experiment platform (which was made to attach to the Kibo module) don't actually do any science. I can deploy them, but I do not see any "Run Experiment" type of button

19 hours ago, BlackDinoShadows said:

I think I don't even have to say how excited I am of your return :D

Well spotted ;) 

Yes, there are a few more parts in the works which are currently available for testing by downloading the code from the GitHub repo. Still WIP, so expect changes & use with caution.

First we have a 2.5m SCRAM escape capsule loosely based on proposals for Space Station Freedom:

AopVHCy.jpeg

I've also added a couple of more generic 2.5m modules which should be useful for creating custom space station layouts. They come in a couple of variants:

71qnYad.jpeg

Also adding large diameter 3.75m and 5m station parts. For each size class there is a hab module, double-length hab module, 4-way node, short logistics module, and a conical habitat section that adapts to the lower size class. As with the 2.5m modules they have switchable endcaps, this time with multiple diameter options.

rjaHcFl.jpeg

And finally I've added a little 1.25m airlock part which should be quite useful:

cGTQRK6.jpeg

All of these parts have the usual variants i.e. metal/white paint switch, gold/blue handrail switch. 

As well as that, we've switched to a custom plugin by ValiZockt to allow the iROSA panels to be installed via an implementation of the inventory system. The SAWs now have inventory slots which will spawn the iROSA panels when they are placed inside as a cargo part, plus there'll be a few balance changes and bug fixes. No idea on a release date yet. 

13 hours ago, RamieusTitan said:

I'm having a real blast with this mod in my career mode, but it seems that the experiments that you mount to the scientific experiment platform (which was made to attach to the Kibo module) don't actually do any science. I can deploy them, but I do not see any "Run Experiment" type of button

Note that only a 2 of those are actually experiments - there's a deployable antenna & 2x science containers, so make sure you are trying to run experiments on the correct ones. Let me know if that's not it though and I'll take a look into it. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Note that only a 2 of those are actually experiments - there's a deployable antenna & 2x science containers, so make sure you are trying to run experiments on the correct ones. Let me know if that's not it though and I'll take a look into it. 

I didn't expect a reply from the great benjee himself! :blush:

I attached an image of all the parts and their states below for reference; I can deploy the J-MCE,  the J-ICS and the J-SEDA, but there is no button to run the experiment that it states in the VAB (https://imgur.com/a/4vJI9qH)

I can confirm that the IP-E (FPMU) works fine, but I cant seem to run the HT-AMS-2 around Kerbin (in an orbit of 80km and 360km)(I tried running it from the command pod and through EVA but it says that the experiment can't be done right now).

https://imgur.com/a/e6zb6kf

As a side note;

I don't want to bombard you with some bugs but I also noticed that the Solar Array Assemblies are missing the "Active Radiator" Module in the config. I was able to fix it by copy pasting a similar radiators active radiator module into the config of the solar array assemblies' but I thought I might as well bring it to your attention. 

Edited by RamieusTitan
Was able to solve the problem in the last sentence

On 5/4/2024 at 1:15 PM, benjee10 said:

Well spotted ;) 

Yes, there are a few more parts in the works which are currently available for testing by downloading the code from the GitHub repo. Still WIP, so expect changes & use with caution.

First we have a 2.5m SCRAM escape capsule loosely based on proposals for Space Station Freedom...

I'll have to check this post out once im home - imgur is blocked on school computers... ;.;

do you have an idea when this will be on ckan?

On 5/4/2024 at 7:15 AM, benjee10 said:

Well spotted ;) 

First we have a 2.5m SCRAM escape capsule loosely based on proposals for Space Station Freedom:

AopVHCy.jpeg

I've also added a couple of more generic 2.5m modules which should be useful for creating custom space station layouts. They come in a couple of variants:

71qnYad.jpeg

Also adding large diameter 3.75m and 5m station parts. For each size class there is a hab module, double-length hab module, 4-way node, short logistics module, and a conical habitat section that adapts to the lower size class. As with the 2.5m modules they have switchable endcaps, this time with multiple diameter options.

rjaHcFl.jpeg

And finally I've added a little 1.25m airlock part which should be quite useful:

cGTQRK6.jpeg

All of these parts have the usual variants i.e. metal/white paint switch, gold/blue handrail switch. 

As well as that, we've switched to a custom plugin by ValiZockt to allow the iROSA panels to be installed via an implementation of the inventory system. The SAWs now have inventory slots which will spawn the iROSA panels when they are placed inside as a cargo part, plus there'll be a few balance changes and bug fixes. No idea on a release date yet. 

do you have an idea when this will be on ckan?

Posted (edited)

@benjee10 I love the new parts, is there any chance of adding 3.75m and 5m laboratory modules in the near future, and tracking dot things to the existing modules? Those are always fun.

Would it also be possible to perhaps move the endcap-thing on the node modules inwards just a tiny bit, so we can use them with the BDB CADS docking ports? I know they already have a switch to facilitate using them with Habtech parts, but you have to agree the gold foil just looks so pretty...

Screenshot_3.png?ex=664a74cc&is=6649234c

Edited by Entr8899

17 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

@benjee10 I love the new parts, is there any chance of adding 3.75m and 5m laboratory modules in the near future, and tracking dot things to the existing modules? Those are always fun.

Would it also be possible to perhaps move the endcap-thing on the node modules inwards just a tiny bit, so we can use them with the BDB CADS docking ports? I know they already have a switch to facilitate using them with Habtech parts, but you have to agree the gold foil just looks so pretty...

Screenshot_3.png?ex=664a74cc&is=6649234c

where can I find those parts????

That docking port is from the Bluedog Design Bureau mod. BDB is a MASSIVE mod that adds pretty much every single US launch vehicle (Aside from Shuttle stuff) in an incredible amount of detail, so if you're into that kind of parts mod it's definitely worth checking out.

22 hours ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

Sstwug4.jpegDer6mjP.jpegyMZJEgT.jpegP9cwMJT.jpegd1jol8F.jpeghr500j6.jpegDkCvrJw.jpeg

Just redid my ISS craft. I'm always blown away with the quality of the parts in this mod. An absolute joy to work with!

That looks AMAZING... Where did you get the souyz/progress from?

A couple more parts in development:

2393OjK.jpeg

O1CIMbE.png

8vKviqu.jpeg

• Half-length ISS solar array
  • Standalone large sun-tracking ISS radiator
  • Standalone medium non-tracking ISS radiator
  • Short & long 1.25m->0.9375m adapters
  • Inline 1.25m airlock
  • Passive NASA Docking System port (part of Benjee10_sharedAssets)

The radiators also have few different length/power variants - full radiator lineup below:

3JsNOS2.jpeg

There is also an experimental SystemHeat compatibility patch.

All up on GitHub now for testing (warranty not included)!

@benjee10 Your screenshots have a unique look to them. Many members try to go for photorealism while you might have opted for more of a cartoon drawing effect. Are you using a TUFX profile with a lot of HDR? Care to share your secrets?

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 1:51 PM, AdrianDogmeat said:

Aquarius Space Station

[Parts are still in-development]

YaBaUea.png

Is that a 5m station? Is Habtech adopting SSOUPP? Or is Habtech getting it's own 5m parts based off Super Module? 

Also, @benjee10 first off, welcome back! Secondly, any ETS (Eyes Turned Skyward) Freedom plans in the future? Honestly, at this point, we'd just need the square/rectangle truss parts. And the skinny super long solar array.  Edit: Actualy, might need 1.875 end caps added. I think the ETS Freedom uses 1.875 tunnel on the front of the Challenger module.

Also also, any planes to incorporate regular ROSA? 

Edited by GoldForest

Dear Benjee,

Is it possible to get (Although it's not historical as far as I'm aware), Hexagonal Truss adapters to 1.8m/2.5m and larger spherical tanks? As I love these Trusses, they fit so nicely with making actual interplanetary vehicles!

If not, then I thank you for the effort you put into making this mod for us, I love using these parts on almost every ship/station!

Best wishes!

4 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Is that a 5m station? Is Habtech adopting SSOUPP? Or is Habtech getting it's own 5m parts based off Super Module? 

Also, @benjee10 first off, welcome back! Secondly, any ETS (Eyes Turned Skyward) Freedom plans in the future? Honestly, at this point, we'd just need the square/rectangle truss parts. And the skinny super long solar array.  Edit: Actualy, might need 1.875 end caps added. I think the ETS Freedom uses 1.875 tunnel on the front of the Challenger module.

Also also, any planes to incorporate regular ROSA? 

Habtech's including new 3.75m parts and 5m parts