56 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

its also night so traffic should be light. 

I’m not sure how the day-night cycle works in Cities: Skylines, but I’m quite sure it does not do much for traffic. Right now the city’s having a traffic problem, and it doesn’t shift depending on the time of day.

1 hour ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

I’m not sure how the day-night cycle works in Cities: Skylines, but I’m quite sure it does not do much for traffic. Right now the city’s having a traffic problem, and it doesn’t shift depending on the time of day.

Apparently you just get more crime and a spike of attractiveness for Commercial Leisure buildings.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 11:48 PM, 2009Tartigrade said:

That looks great @Kerbalsaurus nice screenshots too. 

Personally, I've been  playing  Timberborne recently. Update 5's pretty good I very much recommend it.

Awwv never played as an beaver before, so on the list. 
Myself its https://store.steampowered.com/app/233860/Kenshi/
Kenshi is an  sandbox squad based game  in a hostile open world, it let you build bases who produce everything but you need resources only found at dangerous places. 
You might even loose limbs and this is recommend for endgame as the robotic ones are better :) 

In addition to Balatro and Enshrouded that I've mentioned, I've started playing Slice & Dice, a great little rougelike dice battler where you can change the sides of your characters' dice as you get upgrades.

ss_65cac24e092d7393b42b500cf17cab9f1875b

21 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I was trying to wait for a sale but my friends bullied me into getting Helldivers 2.  :mad:

I don't buy any video game for more than $10 these days. Been burned way too many times. Besides, I already have over a dozen titles in my Steam and GOG libraries that I haven't even downloaded yet. (That I bought for less than $10 each.) Why do I need to run out and buy something for $50-60 right now when I'm not even going to get around to it for at least another three or four years?

28 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I don't buy any video game for more than $10 these days. Been burned way too many times. Besides, I already have over a dozen titles in my Steam and GOG libraries that I haven't even downloaded yet. (That I bought for less than $10 each.) Why do I need to run out and buy something for $50-60 right now when I'm not even going to get around to it for at least another three or four years?

Never bought a game I never played. Tend to put time into looking at them and don't buy many games, latest was Howard legacy who was fun, but its an game who end then you run out of quests, yes you explore stuff and good value for money. 
But its not KSP or Skyrim. 

3 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

Never bought a game I never played. Tend to put time into looking at them and don't buy many games, latest was Howard legacy who was fun, but its an game who end then you run out of quests, yes you explore stuff and good value for money. 
But its not KSP or Skyrim. 

Oh, I'll play all of them, eventually. And they'll be replaced with other cheap titles in the library waiting to be played. I just don't see the point in paying full price for video games.

Speak of the devil, I just installed Skyrim for the first time last week. Bought it on sale (<$10) last summer. Just got around to it.

On 4/4/2024 at 5:16 PM, magnemoe said:

Awwv never played as an beaver before, so on the list. 
Myself its https://store.steampowered.com/app/233860/Kenshi/
Kenshi is an  sandbox squad based game  in a hostile open world, it let you build bases who produce everything but you need resources only found at dangerous places. 
You might even loose limbs and this is recommend for endgame as the robotic ones are better :) 

Love Timberborne asl well... I enjoy the survival city crafter much more than I ever thought I would.

In older games like simcity 2k & up... disasters would upset me. Now it's a lesson for next time.

Also about 15 hours into experiencing Kenshi... another awesome title.

Seems as I look for something else to fill that 1000 hour Criteria I have yet to find a game I really connect with.

Planet Crafter Drops 1.0 today. I can NOT wait to leave work and update...! 

Also Stranded : Alien Dawn is shaping up to be a Rimworld Lite : 3D.

Some of the mods added better work prioritization & give character more complex scripts for emotional behaviors.

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

I've been diving into a few titles to pass the time until the next update...

Prison architect - wanted to get a nice long run in before PA2

Medieval Dynasty - fun little sim village builder

Stationeers - love this and only found it recently. Last month i read The Martian, and stationeers feels like the closest thing to experiencing being stranded and on another planet and needing to use science and engineering to survive...kinda

Rimworld dlc drops tomorrow. Zero clue what to make of everything they added, but will figure out a theme to base a new run on

Hoping we hear about build 42 for project zomboid or next update to the long dark!

4 hours ago, TheSaint said:

I just installed Skyrim for the first time last week.

Let's see where this goes. Are you going to be one of the people who will reinstall Skyrim for the 150th time with different mod set in the next decade,

or like me, who purchased it a decade after trying it out for the first time, beat the main story and maybe a single side questline and dropped it, never to return, because it was mediocre at best. Yeah I still don't know what all the fuss was about.

14 hours ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

Love Timberborne asl well... I enjoy the survival city crafter much more than I ever thought I would.

In older games like simcity 2k & up... disasters would upset me. Now it's a lesson for next time.

Also about 15 hours into experiencing Kenshi... another awesome title.

Seems as I look for something else to fill that 1000 hour Criteria I have yet to find a game I really connect with.

Planet Crafter Drops 1.0 today. I can NOT wait to leave work and update...! 

Also Stranded : Alien Dawn is shaping up to be a Rimworld Lite : 3D.

Some of the mods added better work prioritization & give character more complex scripts for emotional behaviors.

Kenshi is a bit different, my advice is not to build an base to early, buy an house in a town, preferable one with many shops. 
And its not an bad things to loose an fight,  keep one member of the team back in sneak or in the house and patch up the other after the fight.

On 2/16/2024 at 1:01 PM, TwoCalories said:

Thanks! I'm having particular trouble with landing right now. I'm having a difficult time getting the AOA right and keeping my airspeed up. On my worst attempts I smack into the ocean ahead of the airstrip, and on my best attempts I land extremely roughly on the runway in a way that would probably render the aircraft unflyable IRL and smash into the fences at the end of the runway. Any tips? This is in the F/A-18C by the way.

EDIT: Also, when I use the keybinds to set throttle to idle, they don't seem to do anything. And on my more successful attempts at landing (where I can actually set the aircraft down in one piece initially), pressing W to brake doesn't seem to work. Does it take time to kick in?

Well, I landed.

Sort of.

img%5D

Any landing you can walk away from! :D

UPDATE:  Nailed it!

img%5D

(Let's ignore the fact that I slammed into the grass in front of the runway at 100 knots and definitely rendered the airframe unusable for another flight, as well as probably giving the pilot injuries, before stopping here on the runway.)

EDIT: Finally, I did it! For real this time!

img%5D

Also, @Meecrob and @Toaster355, thanks for the advice on landing my bird!

Edited by TwoCalories
I expected it to merge with my above post :P Sorry for double posting