What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

5 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

The best I've ever done was 58 seconds... "Only" 16... :D

If my best was as good as your worst I'd be so happy!

Great job!

Thanks! Yeah I know I'm really fast compared to most, it's just I still want to keep improving! My best is 9.455, and by the time I get to Mars my average will probably be sub-10 or around 10.

So last night, I watched a weird collection of videos. I started with some Two Steps From Hell while I attempted to stop a Reddit meme. After I got sick of mass downvoting comments about communism, I watched a WWII training film on how to shoot down enemy fighters from a B-17, which lead to a '50s short about the benefits of angled runways on aircraft carriers and how to use them. Then I found a video about how to destroy tanks as an infantry. As I powered down my laptop, I decided that I wanted to watch the rest of jacksepticeye's playthrough of Life is Strange. I started watching two years ago, but only three of the five episodes had been released. I decided that I should re-watch the first three episodes to regain context, then watch the final two. The thing is, it takes a little over two hours to play each episode, and 2 hours times five episodes is ten hours of video time. Solution? Binge every episode back-to-back in one night. I finished episode 4 around six in the morning, and finished the fifth a little after 8AM. I had to get up at 9 for church, so I got an hour of sleep at most. Episodes 1-4 were pretty good, but 5 was kinda off the rails and I didn't feel satisfied like I usually do when I watch a playthrough. I was actually kinda mad at myself, I felt like it was almost a waste of time. The game was good, I just don't know how I feel about it.

TLDR: I watched ten hours of an Irish guy play Life is Strange, and am now sleep-deprived. 

2 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

My foot fell asleep

Two hours later it is still asleep

ARGH!

Yeah idk what's wrong with it.

I hate it when my foot or leg falls asleep for anywhere more than a minute. Once my cat was on my leg for 20 minutes, and when I tried to move it...ouch. It was so asleep I actually yelled out in pain, all while my cat was looking at me with here I didn't do anything wrong I'm just a cute little kitty eyes. 

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I saw that picture, and no joke, the first thing that came to my mind was "grid fins."

If grid fins smelled like roasting green chile, they'd need armed guards at the landing site.

I just made a meme and i got like 1,4k views in one night thanks to reddit. It got 103 upvotes before it got suspended for being normie or something. Im not going to show it here, its too no no for this forum.

I've graduated from my university

Thanks for everyone in this topic

Thanks for @Capt. Hunt, @monophonic, @Shpaget, @KSK, @Cunjo Carl, @insert_name, @Xeorm, @Pds314, @YNM, @Red Iron Crown as well as @Markrc93 for helping me for providing the solution of the calculation that I need for my thesis. I won't be able to make it without all your help!:D

Now since I've graduated as a diploma from shipbuilding design and manufacture department, I'm having a plan to continue my study further in shipbuilding and marine construction. While I'm waiting for the next semester, KSP is always be my companion for my testing and building simulator. If anyone have an idea about challenge, that'll keep me busy and give me something to do

Currently I'm still learning to make ships and submarines in KSP. Again, Thank you so much for all of you!

SO yesterday my computer literally died. Like it wouldn't turn on, wouldn't load, nothin. Finally, I called in the nuclear option; my dad. So he just told me to let it sit, I did. In the meantime, I'm off watching the Mexican GP (Congrats to Lewis on his fourth championship), and boom. Computer lives. Tech is so weird...

1 hour ago, ARS said:

Currently I'm still learning to make ships and submarines in KSP. Again, Thank you so much for all of you!

Ships I can kinda help you with. Subs.... I made a topic on it forever ago which I still haven't gotten an answer for. :/

11 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

SO yesterday my computer literally died. Like it wouldn't turn on, wouldn't load, nothin. Finally, I called in the nuclear option; my dad. So he just told me to let it sit, I did. In the meantime, I'm off watching the Mexican GP (Congrats to Lewis on his fourth championship), and boom. Computer lives. Tech is so weird..

Sounds like an overheating problem... I had that happen once a few years ago when my power supply started going bad. Computer started to get too hot, and immediately shut itself off.

Edited by Just Jim

11 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Sounds like an overheating problem... I had that happen once a few years ago when my power supply started going bad. Computer started to get too hot, and immediately shut itself off.

Apparently the thing was trying to update. Freaked me out because it had a force restart after a War Thunder crash; I thought the C Drive was toast! Those were the most stressful 2 and a half hours of my life; thinking I was going to lose 5 years of work :confused:.

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

Apparently the thing was trying to update. Freaked me out because it had a force restart after a War Thunder crash; I thought the C Drive was toast! Those were the most stressful 2 and a half hours of my life; thinking I was going to lose 5 years of work :confused:.

Oh, one of those... gotcha! I hate when that happens!  :mad:

12 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, one of those... gotcha! I hate when that happens!  :mad:

I know! my dad said his took like a whole day once and I thought "Whelp there goes my weekend!" I set up my Mac on the TV table, turned on some F1, and turned around every minute until it turned on. At least I got to watch a race live :P 

Edited by DarkOwl57

36 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Congrats to Lewis on his fourth championship

Hopefully it'll be a four way battle for the Constructor's Championship next year with Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren... and hopefully someone other than a Mercedes driver can win the championship (Mercedes dominating is getting boring, IMO)

22 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Hopefully it'll be a four way battle for the Constructor's Championship next year with Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren... and hopefully someone other than a Mercedes driver can win the championship (Mercedes dominating is getting boring, IMO)

McLaren... eh, debatable. If Renault can get its act together, then I think they'll have a pretty good shot. Otherwise, I think it'll be another Ferrari V Mercedes battle, with a couple Red Bull wins sprinkled in there for some extra spice. (Read: Malaysi- oh wait there won't be a 2018 Malaysia... shoot.)

I attempted to launch my water rocket in school (I'm not in physics class but I arranged to come for a day to show off my tremendously huge water rocket) and it did not work. The sad thing is, it was only half my fault, the problem was a leaky seal between the bottom bottle and the launcher (which also happened to everyone else). As a result I could only build up 10 PSI, although the rest of my rocket (with the pressurized volume of about 12L) performed fine (except for a dead battery). Final launch height was a few inches.

And now I'm basically the laughing stock of the school, as everyone has "made a better rocket than the school's rocket nerd." Even though it did fail, my rocket was a few times more ambitious than the next best one in the class (mine was taller than me), so... where was I going with this?

Failure for me. I'm going to try to stay invisible for the rest of the day now...

2 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

McLaren... eh, debatable. If Renault can get its act together, then I think they'll have a pretty good shot. Otherwise, I think it'll be another Ferrari V Mercedes battle, with a couple Red Bull wins sprinkled in there for some extra spice. (Read: Malaysi- oh wait there won't be a 2018 Malaysia... shoot.)

I would continue this discussion, but unfortunately that would be going way off topic. :P 

Oh wait, I can make this on topic: It was interesting that Alonso managed to hold off Hamilton for so long with a Honda engine, vs a Hamilton's Mercedes engine.