Shower thoughts

p1t1o

4 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Only when you're in big trouble. 

When I was a kid, my first name, my brother's first name, and our dog's name all started with the same first letter. So my dad would get them confused, especially when he was mad. He would yell out all three in sequence sometimes.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:32 PM, kerbiloid said:

In the ancient and medieval legends, myths, and chronicles, when a person was changing his (every time the only) name, he was kinda reborn as another person, cancelling his previous life and beginning a new one.

It stays incomprehensible for me, how several names at once can not result into split personality.

(Not nicknames, but personal names).

This also has roots in Numerology, where changing one’s name (number) apparently changes one’s personality. This even applies to nicknames. Ever notice that how you act changes when operating under a nickname (alter-ego, including online personas)? Spooky stuff, and totally non-scientific, but yet anecdotally noticeable. 

On 9/27/2022 at 11:11 AM, TheSaint said:

When I was a kid, my first name, my brother's first name, and our dog's name all started with the same first letter. So my dad would get them confused, especially when he was mad. He would yell out all three in sequence sometimes.

My mom did that, and our names (including the dog’s) don’t even start with the same letter!

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Bunnies are rabbits.
Rabbits are mammals.

But the Easter Bunny doesn't bring new bunnies, it lays eggs in the others' nests.
And nobody had seen it milking.

What kind of creatures are they???

What if it is actually a platypus and wears poisonous spurs?

What if it is even not an animal?

2 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Bunnies are rabbits.
Rabbits are mammals.

But the Easter Bunny doesn't bring new bunnies, it lays eggs in the others' nests.
And nobody had seen it milking.

What kind of creatures are they???

What if it is actually a platypus and wears poisonous spurs?

What if it is even not an animal?

It is not an animal. It is 2 different symbols of rebirth smushed together so that a modern society that needs to keep selling things to survive can sell chocolate to children and ensure that the pharmaceutical companies have a market for various medication they sell to keep overweight people alive.

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

It is not an animal. It is 2 different symbols of rebirth smushed together so that a modern society that needs to keep selling things to survive can sell chocolate to children and ensure that the pharmaceutical companies have a market for various medication they sell to keep overweight people alive.

Some truth here.  If exercise and nutrition advice could be patented on the scale of pharmaceuticals it would be a different world.  Good thing exercise and nutritional advice are basically free these days, even if its algorithmic reach is limited in today's info environment relative to pharma info

1 minute ago, ColdJ said:

Woah, my Kerbals have never uttered a word. Are we playing the same game?

1) there is a mod that will let them speak (chatterer? Not sure of name)

2) they speak in the official videos. The Kerbal language sounds remarkably like Mexican spoken backwards. I’m sure that is coincidence. 

Not even my team (Giants are somehow... good? this year?) but Lamar Jackson deserves better.

21 hours ago, Starwaster said:

2) they speak in the official videos. The Kerbal language sounds remarkably like Mexican spoken backwards. I’m sure that is coincidence. 

In KSP1 it sounds like Spanish recorded and played backwards, but in the KSP2 clips we've seen its Spanish written backwards and then spoken forwards by a Spanish speaker. A subtle but much more natural-sounding difference. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

25 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Not even my team (Giants are somehow... good? this year?) but Lamar Jackson deserves better.

In KSP1 it sounds like Spanish recorded and played backwards, but in the KSP2 clips we've seen its Spanish written backwards and then spoken forwards by a Spanish speaker. A subtle but much more natural-sounding difference. 

ogima im odaeportse átse osE