[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

On 4/10/2024 at 11:51 PM, Legolas5533 said:

Little question, since the shuttle doesn't work well with FAR, does it work with KWP?

Just want to know before I use them both

doesn't work well??? unfortunatelly doesn't work at all   =(

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2023 at 2:12 PM, Blufor878 said:

liMlecf.png

Where is this part from? (The shuttle adapters/decouplers at the bottom of the tank)

Also how can I make my own external tank with boosters? I would love to know which mod those tanks are too.
Thank you!

Edited by adriangm44

40 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

Where is this part from? (The shuttle adapters/decouplers at the bottom of the tank)

Also how can I make my own external tank with boosters? I would love to know which mod those tanks are too.
Thank you!

Head back to the first page of this thread and:

yAuBANR.png

The Oranges thread has a link that takes you to the github releases, but you will want to go the the top left of that Github page and h it Oranges to go to the repository.  Then hit code button and download zip for both:

747IXzq.png

Inside of the Zip files, you'll find the Gamedata folders, and everything in those folders should go into your KSP Gamedata folder.

Also make sure to check Rocket Motor Managerie for updated Shuttle engines.

Posted (edited)

@benjee10How are the SSMEs and OMS engines supposed to attach? The SSMEs from RMM are a tiny bit too big and clip into each other, the Restock Vector engines weigh 4 times as much, and the OMS engines are at such an extreme angle that the heatshield sorta hangs out of the OMS pod and it looks really strange.

Also are there any plans of making an EDO pallet? That would be cool.

Edited by Entr8899

8 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

The SSMEs from RMM are a tiny bit too big and clip into each other,

<snip>

and the OMS engines are at such an extreme angle that the heatshield sorta hangs out of the OMS pod and it looks really strange.

Make sure you've got the latest version of SOCK installed, the nodes have been adjusted to allow the RMM SSMEs to fit and the OMS engines no longer stick out of the pods

3 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

Make sure you've got the latest version of SOCK installed, the nodes have been adjusted to allow the RMM SSMEs to fit and the OMS engines no longer stick out of the pods

Which version would that be? I think I have the latest commit on github.

Just now, Entr8899 said:

Which version would that be? I think I have the latest commit on github.

double check you do have the latest because it's definitely fixed there

1 hour ago, KeaKaka said:

double check you do have the latest because it's definitely fixed there

I definitely have the latest dev version, from 13th October last year. I'll try it with the spacedock version but I really need the Buran textures...

13 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

Okay I double-checked I have the latest dev version and the node is definitely still messed up: https://prnt.sc/xsRmIHFprKV9

In addition, the SSMEs still just seem too big compared to real photos: https://prnt.sc/p8UXL-jZkJ2N

Can confirm this is what it looks like for me too with latest everything.  I don't think @benjee10 every got back to this due to computer issues.

Just now, MashAndBangers said:

Can confirm this is what it looks like for me too with latest everything.  I don't think @benjee10 every got back to this due to computer issues.

It hurts.

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

Okay I double-checked I have the latest dev version and the node is definitely still messed up: https://prnt.sc/xsRmIHFprKV9

Oh there's a second node closer to the base of the nozzle on the engine that allows the OMS to fit correctly

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

In addition, the SSMEs still just seem too big compared to real photos: https://prnt.sc/p8UXL-jZkJ2N

The SSMEs are actually correct, iirc it's just that the orbiter is slightly undersized leading to the discrepancy

I think Benjee has said elsewhere that he's looking into adjusting the orbiter to it's correct scale but that's something for much later

10 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

Oh there's a second node closer to the base of the nozzle on the engine that allows the OMS to fit correctly

The SSMEs are actually correct, iirc it's just that the orbiter is slightly undersized leading to the discrepancy

I think Benjee has said elsewhere that he's looking into adjusting the orbiter to it's correct scale but that's something for much later

Oh, wow, I feel stupid now... :cool:

On 1/30/2023 at 11:04 AM, benjee10 said:

It's the end of an era for sure, but lots of exciting new things to come!

Well this aged... interestingly :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For some reason I can't get the mod to work and I've installed it manually and that didn't work so I used CKAN and that also didn't work, the parts for the shuttle aren't showing up in the VAB and Space Plane Hanger, so what have I done wrong? And I am hoping I can have some help to hopefully make it work.

Edited by fitzsam

12 hours ago, fitzsam said:

For some reason I can't get the mod to work and I've installed it manually and that didn't work so I used CKAN and that also didn't work, the parts for the shuttle aren't showing up in the VAB and Space Plane Hanger, so what have I done wrong? And I am hoping I can have some help to hopefully make it work.

Hello, you should read this:

Also please provide logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder.

14 hours ago, Orion 1 said:

Do you ever think you'll redo the cockpit view for the shuttle? I love to fly it from the cockpit but there are no useful displays anywhere :,(

I recommend you to use KSA IVA Upgrade with Reviva and FreeIVA 

It make the cockpit much nicer and with FreeIVA you can navigate through it

Here's the forum page with the cockpit images