KSP2 Hype Train Thread

1 hour ago, gussi111 said:

Why do the shadows look like that? Are they really using lowest settings?

most of these photos are

"just grab them" not "look the best"

more for hype, less for looks

every single photo, recently that looks really poor means its just for hype and not showing the "Game"

14 hours ago, Stephensan said:

most of these photos are

"just grab them" not "look the best"

more for hype, less for looks

every single photo, recently that looks really poor means its just for hype and not showing the "Game"

Thats what they have said about some screenshots

But any company will have soem PR strategy to make marketing

and everyone involved would rip their hair out if they saw a dev posting screenshots just for fun on bad looking settings

In other words: How much hype does low fps, no anti alising, mushy terrain pics generate? I have seen more criticism of its looks than praise (because what is there to praise)

If there were some magic "make good" settings then dont you think a dev might turn up the settings for that screenshot? Would take maybe 5-10 min

6 minutes ago, thejoker1432 said:

Thats what they have said about some screenshots

But any company will have soem PR strategy to make marketing

and everyone involved would rip their hair out if they saw a dev posting screenshots just for fun on bad looking settings

In other words: How much hype does low fps, no anti alising, mushy terrain pics generate? I have seen more criticism of its looks than praise (because what is there to praise)

If there were some magic "make good" settings then dont you think a dev might turn up the settings for that screenshot? Would take maybe 5-10 min

Except the dev doesn't post the screenshots, the community manager/social media manager does. 

The social team chooses what does and does not go to print (metaphorically). 

As for low fps, the videos haven't been low fps for a while not. Anti-aliasing has been hit or miss, but some screenshots do have it. Mushy terrain, well, that can be easily explained. Why does the part texturer need his terrain quality at max settings? Answer, he doesn't. 

There are several builds of the game that everyone uses. Some are for graphics, some are for performance, others for just testing if the menus work. Most of the devs don't need the highest settings.

2 hours ago, mcpattyp said:

Is it known what exact time KSP2 will release on the 24th?

I've been trying to figure this out for weeks now.  The Private Division store countdown says 8 days, which is actually the 23rd.  That leads me to believe it's going to release at midnight or basically "zero hour" on the 24th.  Total speculation and maybe optimism on my part, but I would sure like to find out so I can decide if I'm taking the 24th off of work or not. 

https://store.privatedivision.com/game/kerbal-space-program-2

(I'm 52 years old and haven't been this excited about a video game, well since ...... Ultima V :blush:)