KSP2 Hype Train Thread

26 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

What month do you guys think it will be? I'm thinking maybe  May considering how complex this game will be, doesn't hurt to spend extra month or two ironing out bugs. :) 

I still don't see them going beyond March 31. If another delay was in the pipeline, I don't think T2 would have risked putting potentially soon-to-be-wrong info on their last earnings call. My guess will remain pi day for now.

34 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

What month do you guys think it will be? I'm thinking maybe  May considering how complex this game will be, doesn't hurt to spend extra month or two ironing out bugs. :) 

Yah even if it was early summer I wouldn't personally be too bothered. Just nice its really coming :)

Edited by Pthigrivi

Honestly while multiplayer is the big one people are waiting for, Id be more excited if it was a colonization feature video.

Intercept definitely feels optimistic which makes me optimistic, Im leaning towards earlier then later, like February (I doubt it but I think a January release could maybe be the case). Theyre already shifting resources to working to a new game and ramping up the advertising fast, which are all good signs. 

I wanted to throw in some more speculation since I just had another thought. What if this Friday, the big news is that KSP2 is exactly 5 months away? That'd be in line with big events happening roughly every 5 months, and would put the release date at 3/21, which seems especially appropriate for a game in which you launch rockets (as in 3, 2, 1, liftoff).

So I'm amending my earlier prediction of pi day to instead be a 65% chance of 3/21, and a 35% chance of 3/14. I have one kidney bet on each date to be safe.

I've been thinking how "The Efficient Market Hypothesis" or the quote "With many eyes, all bugs are shallow" apply to this forum.  Every time the KSP2 team posts something small on some random platform that they haven't used recently, it gets instantly posted to the forums and analyzed in detail against every single previous communication over the past 3 years.  It's also kindof funny when a KSP2 community manager officially posts the content to these forums a day or two later after it's already been discussed at great length.

1 hour ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

3/21 [...] 3/14

Pretty much entire world outside of the US: why is 21st or 14th of march (21.03 / 14.03, as per DD.MM.YY) significant?

I could say 3rd february. So it makes 3.2.23. Also, it's Friday.

2 hours ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

I wanted to throw in some more speculation since I just had another thought. What if this Friday, the big news is that KSP2 is exactly 5 months away? That'd be in line with big events happening roughly every 5 months, and would put the release date at 3/21, which seems especially appropriate for a game in which you launch rockets (as in 3, 2, 1, liftoff).

So I'm amending my earlier prediction of pi day to instead be a 65% chance of 3/21, and a 35% chance of 3/14. I have one kidney bet on each date to be safe.

Didn't you already bet both your kidneys?

On 10/19/2022 at 3:40 AM, Vl3d said:

To be frank, any kind of teasing at this point is just annoying. Almost all info revealed was "just a tease" up to this point for people who really know KSP1 + mods and are hoping for something new exclusively for KSP2.

I really wonder if we'll ever get any answers before launch...

I think what doesn’t come through sometimes is that we’re all feeling that pretty intense anxiety ‘wanting to know’ (most of us anyway.) For you and many others it’s multiplayer, for me its colonies and progression mechanics, but we all feel it. It might be age (damn Im 40 now) but a lot in life is waiting and anticipation. When you realize the clock can’t always be controlled you just find deeper gears, slow down, enjoy the present, and know that all things come in time. That sounds condescending but I mean it in all earnestness. We probably won’t know these things for months. Whether one month or 5 months I have no idea. But eventually they’ll be showing a lot as release comes up and then at long last we’ll all actually get to experience this thing. But guess what! Then we’re all in for the inevitable slightly to largely rocky release squashing bugs and problem solving balance patches and dreaming of expansion pack ideas. Life is a process, not an event. We’re all just finding ways to roll with it. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

Honestly, what I'm looking forward to most, by a large margin, is simply more physics stability, better performance, a more thought out UI, and more fussed up graphics and artwork.  Everything else, even DebDeb and multiplayer, is just frosting compared to the fundamental from-scratch improvements I'm anticipating