KSP2 Hype Train Thread

7 hours ago, Turtlegirl1209 said:

what do yall think we'll see on friday? im betting this next episode is on colonization.

I hope so! Thats been the part of all this Ive been most interested in. I suppose it might also be more of a release announcement teaser rather than a full vid. 

8 hours ago, Turtlegirl1209 said:

next episode is on

You are likely correct - but with all the hullabaloo over MP - it would be nice to have some (any) info about it. 

THIS Friday, may be too early... The "weeks" chat above is very unspecific 

2 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

You are likely correct - but with all the hullabaloo over MP - it would be nice to have some (any) info about it. 

THIS Friday, may be too early... The "weeks" chat above is very unspecific 

FYI, Joe, there's another chat screenshot after that which says to tune in this week.

I've been guessing it's about colonization, but @Pthigrivi may be right. It could just be a release date announcement video.

Edited by Ahres

9 hours ago, MechBFP said:

I’m thinking it will be much more substantial than that, but that will be a part of it. 

Not a bad take. If it is indeed the colonies feature video, it could still showcase relevant things like supply routes, new parts, boom events, Kerbal roles/specializations, and even the UI.

1 hour ago, SSTO Crasher said:

Please 

oh please no

Not another delay

Don't do it intercept 

I doubt it'll be a delay announcement. They haven't tied it to a Release Window yet in the first place. Why would they tease bad news?

Also, they haven't teased any of the 'Features Videos'. They've just released them, or not.

Teasing an announcement means it's likely a new category. Something they haven't shown us yet. So I'm betting it's the release date.

If they wanna go big, maybe it'll be a serious overview of the game; showing multiple features. But I aim lower, so I'm hoping for the Release Date only at this point.

Edited by stephensmat

3 hours ago, stephensmat said:

...They haven't tied it to a Release Window yet in the first place....

They kinda have though. If you take both what was projected to T2 for their investor call, along with "early 2023", then I'd say they've pretty much provided a release window of Q1'23.

I wouldn't call this "teasing an announcement" either unless I'm missing something. This was them responding to someone prodding them on twitter, not some unsolicited post they made to tease anything. While they certainly could add in an actual release date I'd be far more inclined to believe this will be another feature video that shows off either colonies or multiplayer. I said a while ago back when they announced the delay to early 2023 that I'd expect they will put out two more feature videos for those two remaining feature pillars and will then announce the release date some time in January with a launch in March. Given the cadence of the past feature videos of roughly every ~4 - 5 months this is about when I was expecting the next one (more toward September), followed by another one sometime in January along with a launch trailer with the release date.

Launch date of... 32123?

Edited by PopinFRESH

On 10/13/2022 at 10:22 PM, Pthigrivi said:

New TT teaser vid:

Instagram if you prefer:

If you asked me what two sites were the two I'd rather they NEVER release a video on...

Naw the 2nd after TikTok would be that other TikTok like site where it  only uses the regular camera.

I guess I'll watch this on Instagram then.

Yeah that was worth my time.

On 10/18/2022 at 1:24 AM, Turtlegirl1209 said:

what do yall think we'll see on friday?

shakeycam footage of the guy removing the file from the filing cabnet, taken by someone walking by outside.

...with mellow CC-licensed piano music.

To be frank, any kind of teasing at this point is just annoying. Almost all info revealed was "just a tease" up to this point for people who really know KSP1 + mods and are hoping for something new exclusively for KSP2.

I really wonder if we'll ever get any answers before launch...

4 hours ago, PopinFRESH said:

I wouldn't call this "teasing an announcement" either unless I'm missing something.

They also released two shorts featuring a "top secret" folder labelled with "KSP2 date". If this isn't teasing a release date announcement, Intercept are just cruel.

Oh and another thing.. have you guys seen the job postings for Intercept? It's crazy, it's like they're working on a major expansion for KSP2 or some other spinoff title already.

Director of production, Producer, Art Lead, QA Manager..

They are also hiring a parts Designer and a Community Marketing Artist (finally!) for KSP2 directly.

Some big changes are happening (either replacing or extending the team).

Edited by Vl3d

4 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Oh and another thing.. have you guys seen the job postings for Intercept? It's crazy, it's like they're working on a major expansion for KSP2 or some other spinoff title already.

Director of production, Producer, Art Lead, QA Manager..

They are also hiring a parts Designer and a Community Marketing Artist (finally!) for KSP2 directly.

Some big changes are happening (either replacing or extending the team).

Or an entirely different and unrelated  title, like the way most developers work. Looks like only 1 of those is related to KSP2 from the quick look I took, and since they called it out specifically in that one then it is logical to assume the others are not related to KSP2.