KSP2 Hype Train Thread

9 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Guys we've lived through the pandemic which felt like both two weeks and 10 years, February is just around the corner if you have something to do

Well, 126 days on the way, but, not counting sleep hours, only 2/3 day ahah

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

Aren't those LANTRs?

I thought so too, but I looked back at the show and tell for the LANTR engine and this one looks slightly different:385994675_Jun25ShowAndTell.png.b6ce062d4NcbFzAW.png

Second one lacks the boom arms that connect to the nozzle to retract it, and the reactor chamber looks bigger too. Not to mention it seems to be smaller than the 2.5m LANTR.

How can this be, early access after all these delays?

All these features it will take years for a ''stable'' release and many of the features will be slowly and silently get cut down.

Eventually the pressure for a full release will be too much and they will have to call it 1.0 no matter what.

So disappointing after all this time and delays, now we will have to fight through bugs for years with the hopes

the modding community will help fill the game with life and all the development changes and troubles.

And that's the best case scenario at this point....:/

Eh, still a remaster of the main game, as I was afraid. We will be alpha testers for $50, I hope the same will not happen with this already finished roadmap as with the cyberpunk roadmap, and we will get the bases before 2034. Something went wrong with the development, what was actually ready for 2020, since in 2023 there will not even be science in the game?

Is there an estimate for the timeline for the addition of each of the milestone items? I understand if it's a couple months or a few months between each item, but it would be kind of a bummer for us to wait 6 months to a year for science or interstellar or colonies, which were kind of the entire point of this second game....

15 minutes ago, Art3mis777 said:

Is there an estimate for the timeline for the addition of each of the milestone items? I understand if it's a couple months or a few months between each item, but it would be kind of a bummer for us to wait 6 months to a year for science or interstellar or colonies, which were kind of the entire point of this second game....

The progress to date has been disappointingly slow, but it is not necessarily an indicator of future performance, as there are many possible reasons why things are at the point they are now.

The optimist in me says we will see updates every 3-5 months if they have worked out the issues hindering development.

40 minutes ago, Art3mis777 said:

Even if does take 6 months between each they will be modded in.

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

So disappointing after all this time and delays, now we will have to fight through bugs for years with the hopes

And 1.0 on feb 24th would mean no bugs?

I say, after what they said, we will have less bugs than we would have if they spammed all the features and then started to figure out the extensive bug list*

1 hour ago, Alexoff said:

cyberpunk roadmap

There was one? A far as I know, there's no further development planned aside from one dlc. And the development itself after release was mostly focused on squashing gamebreaking bugs which is exactly what Intercept is trying to avoid.

*See also: KSP1

37 minutes ago, Art3mis777 said:

Some updates will definitely take longer then others and I doubt they'll all take the same amount of time to come out. A large part as to why they're breaking features into update chunks is so they can collect firm feedback and bug reports on each individual aspect. Out of all things ksp2 offers, a science system would be likely by far the easiest thing to implement in comparison to things like colonies or multiplayer (and they very likely already have it implemented to a pretty close full degree). However considering that theyve been teasing the science system having a bit more to it then ksp1, I dont think they want to collect feedback for both that and the immense amount of feedback the general game will get. I feel like initial early access and science will probably have the lowest gap between updates though, like 3 months plus or minus one, just due to the fact that its likely basically done already.

33 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

There was one? A far as I know, there's no further development planned aside from one dlc.

There were many roadmaps, now the developers decided to go further and decided to make not just DLC, but several cyberpunk games. But the difference is that the cyberpunk roadmap didn't appear half a year before the release of the paid alpha version. And we also know how the history of cyberpunk ended, but we don’t know what will happen to KSP2.

Im just going to wait till I see the game is in a state Ill want to purchase till purchase the game, if it turns out the fearmongering was right and the game is all bad and the devs were all lying, and the game stays that way, it'd suck but I'll move on. If not then hey now I have a really good game to play, one of the nice things about early access is you choose when to buy the game, if the game isnt in a state you're happy with when it first comes out in early access, just dont buy it then.

Edited by Strawberry

1 hour ago, Art3mis777 said:

Something that might help is in Shadowzone’s video, he mentions that he has talked to the devs and hints that these systems might already be in a playable state and will be introduced slowly just for play testing purposes, not because they are just not coded yet. In that case, the early access might be quick and new features might be added as soon as the community is happy with the existing ones. We’ll have to wait until Sunday to find out though. 

1 hour ago, Strawberry said:

Some updates will definitely take longer then others and I doubt they'll all take the same amount of time to come out. A large part as to why they're breaking features into update chunks is so they can collect firm feedback and bug reports on each individual aspect. Out of all things ksp2 offers, a science system would be likely by far the easiest thing to implement in comparison to things like colonies or multiplayer (and they very likely already have it implemented to a pretty close full degree). However considering that theyve been teasing the science system having a bit more to it then ksp1, I dont think they want to collect feedback for both that and the immense amount of feedback the general game will get. I feel like initial early access and science will probably have the lowest gap between updates though, like 3 months plus or minus one, just due to the fact that its likely basically done already.

Im so curious about this system, especially because there's no mention at all of contracts or anything like it. We've had a bunch of conversations about whether money needs to be in the game at all, (I lean no). It's a funny thing though because way at the back of development is resource extraction and processing,... so... what happens before that? Are all parts free? Are they free on Kerbin anyway? It seems like there needs to be a fully integrated economy of science research, resource extraction, population management at colonies, etc. for any one part to make sense? Like can we really give coherent feedback on science and progression without knowing the ultimate output--ie colony tech? 

One of my bigger soapboxes over the years has been how the fundamental process of science (right clicking on half a dozen experiment parts over and over) contributes to grind, and maybe they have some novel ideas about how that fundemental process works? Im also very interested in mapping, because that never really saw its due in stock KSP. Kerbnet was clever, but I'd much prefer full planetary overlays in map view. I'd also much prefer real-time orbital scanning like we see in scanSAT, though it's interface also leaves something to be desired. Im also really hoping anomalies are a fully integrated part of the science system. And then I guess that could all be spent on the parts that we will have access to at that point, giving at least some solid feedback on the early-game. So I guess there's a lot to test right in that first update, I just worry because there will be these big gaps it'll be difficult for us to provide sensible feedback on balance and pacing, both of which weren't 100% ironed out in KSP1. 

15 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Do y'all think the interstellar engine will be in there from day 1? I think that they should be so we can learn to use them before going interstellar.

I bet not. "Interstellar scale parts" are listed in the same update as Debdeb, and besides it sounds like we'll need to build orbital construction platforms to deploy them, which we probably wont have access to till the colony update. 

Edited by Pthigrivi