Show and Tell - Procedural Radiators

StarSlay3r

On 3/25/2022 at 5:34 PM, N9 Gaming said:

I think this practically guarentees procedural solar panels! And very likely procedural structural pieces as well. I can't help but think procedural fuel tanks are easily a possibility too :D

I am also of the opinion that fuel tanks could benefit from being procedural components. This feature might focus solely on the fuel tank's length and fuel type, which would already be quite impressive. However, I also believe it would be advantageous for the procedural system to encompass the starting diameter (perhaps as a discrete choice rather than a continuous one) as well as the ending diameter.

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, ConsoleCoder said:
On 3/25/2022 at 4:10 PM, Davi SDF said:

THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL

FINALLY I CAN USE HUGE RADIATORS WITHOUT MY GAME RUNNING AT 2 FPS!

Think again...

Yeah no this convo is gonna go this way, I'm calling it; KSP 1 doesn't get a free pass because KSP 2 missed some targets. This is the same bad mindset of "the Star Wars prequels are good because the sequels were subpar".

Performance is also way better than it was at launch, parts manager is responsive and it's possible to do missions with no major glitches. Snarky comments now had a best before date we passed several months ago.

Edited by Bej Kerman

•  
On 11/7/2023 at 3:33 PM, Bej Kerman said:

Star Wars

Point of order.  In 1977, a movie called Star Wars came out. Every other Star Wars branded film is either a prequel or a sequel. 

The first three movies are 

• Star Wars 
  • Empire Strikes Back (and) 
  • Return of the Jedi. 

The value of the story telling faded dramatically after the first half of Empire.  The third movie is a joke - ewoks?  Pls.  Just gave up and decided to sell toys. 

The ill-thought series with the kid and short whiney teen could not have produced Darth Vader and should be excluded.   They were there merely to sell toys. 

The after series are OK although they also got kinda silly.   Still selling toys. 

*This has been your curmudgeon moment for the day. *

(I have spoken) 

2 minutes ago, Periple said:

Oh? What do you think these are, hmm?

Unless you show me the widget that lets you shape those like a TIE-Bomber or Darth Vader's TIE, I'm'a gonna go with those are static parts.

Also I thought those were solar panels, not radiators. But my lore isn't as loreful as it once was.

Edited by Superfluous J

• 4 months later...
On 11/9/2023 at 12:20 PM, Gargamel said:

This is not the topic you are looking for…..

'On the horizon', Colonies are.

Perhaps the topic we are looking for, it now is.

- Yoda Kerman

Edited by Flush Foot

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 10:44 AM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:
  •  

Point of order.  In 1977, a movie called Star Wars came out. Every other Star Wars branded film is either a prequel or a sequel. 

The first three movies are 

• Star Wars 
  • Empire Strikes Back (and) 
  • Return of the Jedi. 

The value of the story telling faded dramatically after the first half of Empire.  The third movie is a joke - ewoks?  Pls.  Just gave up and decided to sell toys. 

The ill-thought series with the kid and short whiney teen could not have produced Darth Vader and should be excluded.   They were there merely to sell toys. 

The after series are OK although they also got kinda silly.   Still selling toys. 

*This has been your curmudgeon moment for the day. *

(I have spoken) 

You take that back you filthy heathen.

Empire was a master piece from start to end.

Jedi was also incredible, one in which I have spent many 'alone' moments thinking about.

You sound like the sort of person that enjoyed the Rings of Power.

(Yeah, I said it)

7 hours ago, uglyduckling81 said:

enjoyed the Rings of Power

Them's fightin words, boyo! 

Vis Star Wars - I liked the first half of Empire but can't help seeing Jedi as an allegory for the Vietnam war.   

2 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Them's fightin words, boyo!

One, two, three, four, I declare a flame war!

Which is actually, almost, appropriate for a thread about procedural radiators!
Speaking of which, maybe we can get a show-and-tell about Colonies' forthcoming (I assume) introduction OF [procedural?] radiators?