Lego Thread!

Kerb24

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been working on this while waiting for KSP to laod, and today I finished it up. Behold, a LEGO City VAB, complete with a movable door!

vRtDRPW.jpg

2SbEyPE.jpg

KTjnnVd.jpg

Inside of the hangar is a little rocket. Wonder where it'll be headed...

mXmQj0v.jpg

Oh, and here's the side hangar. The doors on it are simply for detail, and do not open.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

did anyone else get the lego starwars 2023 advent calendar? still confused about the day 2 ship, because i dont recognize it at all.

nvm, its cad bane's ship, which appeared in s1e9 of the bad batch. which explains why i dont remember it. 

Edited by Nuke

6 hours ago, Nuke said:

did anyone else get the lego starwars 2023 advent calendar? still confused about the day 2 ship, because i dont recognize it at all.

nvm, its cad bane's ship, which appeared in s1e9 of the bad batch. which explains why i dont remember it. 

I collect Lego Star Wars but mainly with the intention of creating dioramas in the future, so the holiday themed stuff doesn’t interest me as much.

That said, I loved Lego Advent Calendars as a kid so I’ve been thinking of doing them again. I’d probably do City though instead of Star Wars.

On 12/15/2023 at 4:41 PM, SunlitZelkova said:

I collect Lego Star Wars but mainly with the intention of creating dioramas in the future, so the holiday themed stuff doesn’t interest me as much.

That said, I loved Lego Advent Calendars as a kid so I’ve been thinking of doing them again. I’d probably do City though instead of Star Wars.

this ones got a battle of endor theme going on. its got a few clone wars a couple mandalorian and a few bad batch figures, but well over half are from the battle of endor. including one emperor palpatine in his death star christmas sweater, i don't remember that from the movie though, must be another edit. i for one run too  hot to wear wool (especially since its going to be an asphalt colored christmas this year, and i live in alaska). im convinced the holiday season has something to do with proponents of the dark side. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to rebuild my old lego sets from when I was younger, they all are currently in my parent's garage, but I do have the 501st battlepack and the new AT-TE. I'll try to get pics of it when i'm over there.

On 1/16/2024 at 11:58 AM, AstroWolfie said:

I've been trying to rebuild my old lego sets from when I was younger, they all are currently in my parent's garage, but I do have the 501st battlepack and the new AT-TE. I'll try to get pics of it when i'm over there.

Oh jeez. One year, over Christmas break, I rebuilt all (well, most) of the Lego kits that my kids had demolished. It took most of the two weeks, between sorting pieces, downloading instructions, and assembly. Never did find a few of the unique pieces....

The pic is on the first page of this thread...

E: a bigger X-wing has since been added to the collection... 

Edited by StrandedonEarth

On 10/27/2022 at 2:54 AM, Vanamonde said:

Nice. Modern streamlined trains. 

Did someone say "streamlined trains"? I used to have one of those

lego-4559-1_xlarge.jpg

Oh, great, it's 2:47 AM but this thread has sent me down Memory Lane.

I remember noticing how the LEGOs of the 2000s were already getting less versatile. It's interesting to see how the old manuals actually encouraged experimentation... wondering if it was the same for later generations.

$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

028.jpg

2 hours ago, DDE said:

Did someone say "streamlined trains"? I used to have one of those

lego-4559-1_xlarge.jpg

Oh I remember this one!

From a brochure. Yeah I had a few of those. From sets, I only had a tv helicopter 6525 and some adventurers vehicle 5934. And maybe something else? I remember loose parts only.

On 1/19/2024 at 3:49 PM, DDE said:

I remember noticing how the LEGOs of the 2000s were already getting less versatile. It's interesting to see how the old manuals actually encouraged experimentation... wondering if it was the same for later generations.

Dont think so.  The less imagination you have the more kits you buy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 hours ago, LHACK4142 said:

Dont think so.  The less imagination you have the more kits you buy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it's the combination of the nature of the kits and the presence of less generic parts. My parents put a lid on the buying at around the time the various branded kits began showing up - that is, LEGO realized the Star Wars prequels are a goldmine.

Spoiler

This was definitely my last set of all times

fd4cc2fd8e80acce7044df92549b3bd2.jpg

I knew a guy who had a LAAT, and the set was enormous, clunky, and had a whole bunch of pieces with no real alternative uses. The explosive growth in the number of colors also upset my figurative OCD.

I did however window-shop, a lot, and some of my earliest musings on things changing in the wrong direction involved a LEGO store overrun with collectors' kits and other stuff that didn't look nearly as fun as combining a railway crossing barrier and the shuttle crawler's tracks to make a tank.

one of the sets that I got on a whim a year or two ago were these NASA themed ones, looked pretty cool. I also tried to make the rover in KSP, but cause I'm on PS5, it had some rare kraken strike it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 11:34 AM, DDE said:

I think it's the combination of the nature of the kits and the presence of less generic parts. My parents put a lid on the buying at around the time the various branded kits began showing up - that is, LEGO realized the Star Wars prequels are a goldmine.

Lol remember visiting an friend, he had given his son a lego star wars lamda shuttle, the inverse Y with downward wings who could be folded up. 
They just build it, and I say its not very well armed. Well its an shuttle, but an C-130 is an transport who has been equipped with gatling guns and a 105 mm cannon. 
So some gun turrets and missile rack on the large wings, son protested wanted the original.

• 2 months later...

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nasa-artemis-space-launch-system-10341

To whoever in the Artemis thread was wishing for an SLS, here ya go.

Smaller than the Saturn V, but it has the entire launch tower and crawler + separate Orion. A reasonable deal (for someone with a decent income in the US) if you ask me.

34 minutes ago, SunlitZelkova said:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nasa-artemis-space-launch-system-10341

To whoever in the Artemis thread was wishing for an SLS, here ya go.

Smaller than the Saturn V, but it has the entire launch tower and crawler + separate Orion. A reasonable deal (for someone with a decent income in the US) if you ask me.

I don't want this.

But I also don't want to not have all the NASA sets.