Kerbal Space Program 2 (Version 0.3.0 and Version 1.0.0) Hype Train!

AtomicTech

13 hours ago, Quasar2007 said:

I am still enjoying the game!

Yes and I am enjoying the game just like you do. In fact, I prefer KSP2 to KSP1's sandbox mode since it provides a much better experience (for me). However, the problem for me and some other players is just there's not much to be played with, in other words, lack of content. This has been what's keeping some players from playing the game again after finishing some ambitious missions and I hope more content is going to be in the game soon. Tomorrow's news will probably contain more information about upcoming features, so let's stay tuned for that!

Also, judged by the *official* reactions to the tier map, I'd say we'll have a preview on the upcoming science update and probably a release date for that or the reentry update. Let's hype!

2 hours ago, Alpha_star said:

Yes and I am enjoying the game just like you do. In fact, I prefer KSP2 to KSP1's sandbox mode since it provides a much better experience (for me). However, the problem for me and some other players is just there's not much to be played with, in other words, lack of content. This has been what's keeping some players from playing the game again after finishing some ambitious missions and I hope more content is going to be in the game soon. Tomorrow's news will probably contain more information about upcoming features, so let's stay tuned for that!

Also, judged by the *official* reactions to the tier map, I'd say we'll have a preview on the upcoming science update and probably a release date for that or the reentry update. Let's hype!

Same here! 
I am really looking forward for the news that they will tell us!

Let’s hype indeed!

42 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

@The Aziz

It'll be from Nate at the space day thing won't it?

I think, and I'd like to emphasise the 'think', that he's on stage in 1hour from now - 1pm UK time.

You can watch it here -

Although the sound is awful.

Yeah the sound is terrible, that said though it's still easy enough to understand what the person on stage is saying. I'm sincerely hoping this is going to a proper showing off of science, progression, re-entry heating and effects and that those are coming *insert date*.

Well, I think we've learnt to take anything and everything said with a large pinch of salt, but... that all seemed quite nice? Having the For Science! update in December will be a nice Christmas present (although 'in December' could mean it's released on the 31st tbf! :D ). 

But yeah, I've got a bit of hype returning.

23 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Let me just get out of the way of this incoming train.  I'll save my hype and excitement until it actually drops.

I think that’s fair and where I’m at too. They already got me to buy in to hope and be disappointed. That said if the update is as described I think it’ll finally take KSP2 past KSP1, and I’ll board the hype train then.

But keeping my hope low until I can actually play it.

21 minutes ago, moeggz said:

I think that’s fair and where I’m at too. They already got me to buy in to hope and be disappointed. That said if the update is as described I think it’ll finally take KSP2 past KSP1, and I’ll board the hype train then.

But keeping my hope low until I can actually play it.

We've not had a definitive date for any update to date though, this is the first time they (the developers) have committed to a specific timeframe.

1 hour ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

We've not had a definitive date for any update to date though, this is the first time they (the developers) have committed to a specific timeframe.

And we already got to see a lot of gameplay, I think science is in a good state and the devs are sure about it now.

3 hours ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

They've been able to miss "within a few weeks" and "by the end of the month" promises. Not to mention the 2022 release of the game. I'm going to be very skeptical of the ability to deliver the December update in December. If they can make it as the anniversary update late February in the state they promise it's in, all will be forgiven by me. But my expectation is that it's going to be a similar mess to the first release last year, regardless of when they release it, but especially if they release in December.

3 hours ago, Datau03 said:

And we already got to see a lot of gameplay, I think science is in a good state and the devs are sure about it now.

I think that could well be the case. Like I said it's the first time they've stuck an actual date on something, so they've gotta be at least 'confident' that it's ready to roll out.

2 hours ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

I think that could well be the case. Like I said it's the first time they've stuck an actual date on something, so they've gotta be at least 'confident' that it's ready to roll out.

And Nate admitted that they made some miscalculations in terms of game state for Early Access and what the community wants, which sounds like they've learned from their mistakes for the future

12 minutes ago, Datau03 said:

And Nate admitted that they made some miscalculations in terms of game state for Early Access and what the community wants, which sounds like they've learned from their mistakes for the future

I hope so. I can't think of anyone at all in the community that wants KSP2 to fail. But at a point they've gotta admit their failings and Nate *kinda* held his hands up a bit today, he's always seemed like a guy that likes the game so that's gotta be a good thing.

On 10/20/2023 at 5:02 AM, Dakitess said:

I do hope the best, whatever the KSP2 future, hopping that it will be good even if it's in 5 years, but in any case i'll really hope the best for this community, for KSP1 at least.

KSP2 damaged so much the franchise, the interest, the modding sphere, it divided users, it gave hope for a new opus that would last another decade and there is a lot of players like me that kinda can't properly return to KSP1 just because the 2 exists. I know it sounds silly for people that are not in this mindset, you do you, but I guess it's something important for a good proportion of players, it's not natural to keep playing or completely returning to the 1st game if the second one is aspiring all the momentum of the community, with a bad mood especially, if there is still hope to get it good, if we know that further dev / mods won't be as focus as before on the first one. It's an uncomfortable "In between".

I get it. Its a loop of why play the first when there is a second, but the second is bat, therefore, the first is what you should play. But even when you play the first, you know that this is the game. It is done. Curtains closed. I still play the original dayly, and I still love it. And even if 2 surpasses 1, I will still go back to it for a changeup. Im just going to go with the flow, because it will happen the way it dose. All most can do is trust the devs to deliver, even if you dont, there isnt much else to do.