Kerbal Space Program 2 (Version 0.3.0 and Version 1.0.0) Hype Train!

AtomicTech

1 hour ago, RevanX_LSR said:

Let’s not forget about the fact that blackrack was hired into KSP2. Hopefully he’ll make a scatterer+volumetrics system for KSP2 that’s better than the current one.

Yes! The game does have an atmospheric ray length scattering system, but for some reason the ray length of the sunflare stays unchanged regardless of the position of the star in the sky. Since we do know Scatterer has that very function, it'll be likely that we are going to enjoy beautiful red-coloured sunset in the game in the near future.

Also, about the volumetrics, both systems used by EVE-Redux and KSP2 have their own flaws, and I'm hoping they can merge them together in some way to make them compliment each other, thus creating better (not necessarily more realistic) cloud effects for all of us to enjoy.

P.S. Just checked out Reddit and finally saw some meaningful non-player-count posts! Always good to see the community becoming better.

P.S. Just checked out Reddit and finally saw some meaningful non-player-count posts! Always good to see the community becoming better.

Just saw ShadowZone 's latest video, YouTube is a lost case, everybody is negative :( 

Question: when do you think 1.0 will be released, I think around christmas 2025?

What do you think?

13 hours ago, Alpha_star said:

29 minutes ago, Quasar2007 said:

Just saw ShadowZone 's latest video, YouTube is a lost case, everybody is negative :( 

That's from before the announcement. Gotta wait for the next one.

Don't ever try looking into steam forums, that's a different dimension entirely.

31 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

That's from before the announcement. Gotta wait for the next one.

Don't ever try looking into steam forums, that's a different dimension entirely.

That is almost true, because I saw some comments from 12 hours ago saying that the game is crap and blah blah blah, developers lying and etc......

Yep, steam is even worse. :( 

Edited by Quasar2007

3 hours ago, Quasar2007 said:

YouTube is a lost case, everybody is negative :(

Look, I'm basically (as I've been told) just some random guy... but not everyone is negative.

Spoiler

But I'm anything but negative. Sometimes critical, usually whimsical, and almost always in awe of this game.

I wish there were more people in the KSP2 Challenges section. I enjoyed learning the nuances of KSP2 vs KSP through mostly community challenges. Since then I've been practicing some simple editing and sharing my gameplay.

I'm not, like, a pro... but it's been a solid hobby for me this year.

I've been trying to promote KSP2 positivity since pretty early on. I'm a big fan.

Usually I try to let my work speak for itself, but I just had to to a big fingerpoint to a counterexample for "everybody".

Even nobody is somebody without a body.

5 hours ago, Quasar2007 said:

Question: when do you think 1.0 will be released, I think around christmas 2025?

What do you think?

A meaningful Reddit post!!? :confused:

On 10/21/2023 at 6:26 PM, RevanX_LSR said:

Let’s not forget about the fact that blackrack was hired into KSP2. Hopefully he’ll make a scatterer+volumetrics system for KSP2 that’s better than the current one.

Really? It sounded like he was contracted or something.

That would be absolutely spectacular if he was!!!

Spoiler

Also, when fancy Parallax for free?

THE HYPE-O-METER IS OFF THE FREAKING RAILS!!!!

Time to rename the thread.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My faith in KSP 2 has been completely and wholeheartedly restored :grin:

5 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

Really? It sounded like he was contracted or something.

That would be absolutely spectacular if he was!!!

Hide contents

Also, when fancy Parallax for free?

Yeah he's part of the Intercept team now, and I would expect the results will be equal to or better than his original efforts in KSP1. Keep in mind that KSP2 already rivals heavily modded KSP1 in visual terms, it's quite a lot *better* even in some respects. Especially the terrain.

On 10/21/2023 at 6:03 AM, The Aziz said:

Get the train nuclear reactor, a new delivery of plutonium just arrived

*Awakens from Hype Train cryogenic hibernation bay*

On 10/4/2023 at 6:12 AM, Alpha_star said:

But a hotfix, namely 0.1.4.1 has just came out a few days ago. It *mostly* fixes the orbital decay bug and also smashes the registry bug. It gives us more detirium and helium to put into the fusion chamber!

<snip>

Wait, so a tokamak fusion device is actually a propulsion system, or are you talking about a nuclear engine?

Yeah, I was just being overly dramatic for no reason. :P I still don't really play KSP2, though. Maybe when the new update drops.

A tokamak fusion device is used to power the Train and its propulsion, kind of like how coal powers the boiler in a steam engine which powers the engine.

14 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

I didn't really pay attention to the previous updates, so apologies if this is normal, but the 1.5.0 is a 3.5Gb download! That's apparently going to need 25.2Gb of disk space!

It's huge!

The game's Unity version was upgraded (to 2022.3), Unity updates usually mean a lot of files need changing.

^^^^

That's a good thing by the way, I'm not having a moan. Clearly lots of stuff has been updated. I was going to wait until the science update before I started playing again, but I'm tempted to give this a go.

Just now, Safarte said:

The game's Unity version was upgraded (to 2022.3), Unity updates usually mean a lot of files need changing.

ahhh, ok. fair enough.

On 10/22/2023 at 4:58 AM, Datau03 said:

And Nate admitted that they made some miscalculations in terms of game state for Early Access and what the community wants, which sounds like they've learned from their mistakes for the future

Check Nates previous game releases and then you know why a lot of people are "whining" and being "negative". I would call it having a realistic expectation. But some call it whining and negativity lol.

I'm still glad I haven't bought it. I might do in around 5 years, when 1 or 2 of the promised features have been added :D