Kerbal Space Program 2 (Version 0.3.0 and Version 1.0.0) Hype Train!

AtomicTech

2 hours ago, Ellie-Gator said:

I'm really excited for KSP 2. I play on console so I cant play the EA. I'm guessing that KSP 2 will release on console at probably the same time as the 1.0 comes out and the EA ends, but thats an assumption and I don't actually know if thats true. What information do we have about the console release? Do we have any idea when it's coming? I wasn't really able to find any solid info which is why I made this account to ask.

as a side question, If it is coming at the same time as the EA ends, how long might that take?

All your answers are in FAQ

Edited by The Aziz

43 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

All your answers are in FAQ

Thank you! So I found a few things, it's a lil bit sad :(

"Console versions will come out as soon as possible after the completion of the Early Access period. "

So KSP 2 won't come out on console until AFTER the 1.0 release, not simultaneously.  Thats really sad since the game will probably be in early access for like, two years at a minimum. Looks like I won't get to play KSP 2 for... well, a really long time. I'm still excited, but this had made me a lil bit sad, ngl. I remember one of my friends telling me about KSP 2's announcement for a 2020 release date, and how it would come out on console, I was so excited! Now, I may not get to enjoy console KSP 2 until 2025 at the earliest.

When that day comes though, I will be excited :) 

Back to waiting with the KSP 1 Enhanced Edition. I'm gonna send a hype train to Eeloo.

On 6/24/2023 at 5:24 AM, Vl3d said:

Hello team! Any new content from release until now that I should discover in the game? Any extra reasons to play it again now?

They squashed a bunch of bugs, made a lot of optimizations, added some UI stuff, and added some parts.  Even those of us who are less than joyfully effusive about the game have found things to effuse less joyfully about so there are some fresh complaints that haven’t been done to death.  The improvement is very noticeable.

Edited by Wheehaw Kerman
Redacted by moderator, then edited by user.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 6:11 AM, Royalswissarmyknife said:

When Science is out I will finally be happy with Ksp-2.

Until then lets stay on the hype train!

When Science is out, I'll have way more invested in KSP2. About as much as I have in KSP1. When Colonies comes out, then I'll have everything I really want. Interstellar will be icing.

• 4 weeks later...

I have got really badly hooked to KSP2 early access, it is just great and the foundation  is more than promising overall.

All the best to the devs and the old community members!

hail probe:1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):!

On 7/8/2023 at 3:40 AM, stephensmat said:

When Science is out, I'll have way more invested in KSP2. About as much as I have in KSP1. When Colonies comes out, then I'll have everything I really want. Interstellar will be icing.

Yeah, sure, Colonies, Interstellar and you forgot Multiplayer.

Problem is you need to be able to walk before you can run, and so far we didn't even see one small step.

2 hours ago, The Aziz said:

MP is just that cherry on top which can be just thrown away if someone doesn't want it.

Not when they claim every feature and every bug fix is tested to support multiplayer. Even if they decide to drop multiplayer, we would still have been slowed down by it and I’m sure it also means you have to consider multiplayer when you decide how complex future features are. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 4:11 PM, Royalswissarmyknife said:

When Science is out I will finally be happy with Ksp-2.

Until then lets stay on the hype train!

Future me reporting in.

I will still not be happy with Ksp-2 when it gets science.

Unless they majorly change how science functions from ksp-1.

Also the inactivity on the hype train really shows how people currently feel about the game.

Edited by Royalswissarmyknife

8 hours ago, Royalswissarmyknife said:

Future me reporting in.

I will still not be happy with Ksp-2 when it gets science.

Unless they majorly change how science functions from ksp-1.

Also the inactivity on the hype train really shows how people currently feel about the game.

I really think if they had a winner on their hands (an update that actually mattered and was a game changer e.g. Science Update) they would have hyped the hell out of it.

But instead we get all these conceptual, vague discussions and statements about how they're approaching the matter of building the update, not how it looks and works currently while it's WIP. It would mean nothing to record a video of 10 seconds showing 1 new feature and boost everyone's morale and potentially sales.

Sorry, but unless the Science update comes and contradicts me by being a major update (according to fans, not KSP2 PR), everything points me to having bought a dud for 50$.

7 hours ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

I really think if they had a winner on their hands (an update that actually mattered and was a game changer e.g. Science Update) they would have hyped the hell out of it.

But instead we get all these conceptual, vague discussions and statements about how they're approaching the matter of building the update, not how it looks and works currently while it's WIP. It would mean nothing to record a video of 10 seconds showing 1 new feature and boost everyone's morale and potentially sales.

Sorry, but unless the Science update comes and contradicts me by being a major update (according to fans, not KSP2 PR), everything points me to having bought a dud for 50$.

Science is most likely just going to be Ksp-1 science with different experiments.

if they had an amazing or at least a somewhat better system they would have said SOMETHING other then showing off one of the new science parts.

1 minute ago, Royalswissarmyknife said:

Ran out of fuel and is being pushed back to the station to get some more.

Hide contents

There's also a coal crisis

Oh man...

I do have a bit more hype in my cabin though, oddly. I embarked on a Gilly mission (I really miss Kerbal Alarm Clock; why won't it tell me about transfer windows!?) and do it the old-fashioned style by yeetin' a capsule into space and timewarping until I get an encounter with Eve. Fingers crossed it goes well :)

Edited by AtomicTech