Kerbal Space Program 2 (Version 0.3.0 and Version 1.0.0) Hype Train!

AtomicTech

1 hour ago, Duke-49th said:

Check Nates previous game releases and then you know why a lot of people are "whining" and being "negative".

I bet most people who are being negative never looked at a certain person's past in detail (why even do that?)

1 hour ago, Duke-49th said:

I might do in around 5 years, when 1 or 2 of the promised features have been added

You're in luck, first of the 2 is coming in less than two months.

On 11/2/2023 at 6:33 PM, Duke-49th said:

I'm still glad I haven't bought it. I might do in around 5 years, when 1 or 2 of the promised features have been added :D

For real, are you joking you are gonna wait 1 year tops, for the 2 roadmap updates. 

Haven't you seen the announcement. :D 

1 hour ago, Quasar2007 said:

For real, are you joking you are gonna wait 1 year tops, for the 2 roadmap updates. 

Haven't you seen the announcement. :D 

...announcements about deadlines which generally aren't met. Yes, there are "it's different now" promises, and "development is going to speed up from now" promises. There also was a promise to release the game—the full game, not Early Access—in 2021. Until we actually see those updates being delivered as promised I don't think cynicism about Intercept Games' ability to deliver on time is misplaced.

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

...announcements about deadlines which generally aren't met. Yes, there are "it's different now" promises, and "development is going to speed up from now" promises. There also was a promise to release the game—the full game, not Early Access—in 2021. Until we actually see those updates being delivered as promised I don't think cynicism about Intercept Games' ability to deliver on time is misplaced.

What J said. I think it's somewhat telling if they're seeking out threads made specifically for positive discussion to complain in.

I'm new to this community, but I can already see that complaints about Intercept Games' inability to meet deadlines are common. I agree that it's quite telling that they look for threads created specifically for positive discussion to complain about them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying really hard not to get excited for the Science update. Only since the most recent update am I able to play the game without experiencing spontaneous disassembly or similarly catastrophic glitch.

I do look forward to having something for my Kerbals to do beyond using my imagination.

I can't help but get excited For Science!

I'm really trying to temper my expectations based on the reveal a few weeks ago, but the thought of having some kind of progression, skill trees, locked parts... All the mechanics that make a game a game and not a test environment.  Science mode is what transformed KSP 1 from a toy into a obsession for a lot of players, and I'm super stoked to see if it can turn around the fortunes of KSP 2.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE 

18 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Performance, changes in art direction, or some combo of the two I'd assume.

That and the fact that real methalox engines produce a bluish pink plume, just like in KSP2. If they were to have gone with a hydrogen-oxygen mix like the SLS or a kerosene heavy engine like the Saturn V (though Kerosene is really only good if you have a massive rocket like the Saturn) it would be the orangy-yellow you see in typical rockets.

Spoiler

Shock-Diamond-Starship.jpg?auto=webp&cro

58 minutes ago, NexusHelium said:

That and the fact that real methalox engines produce a bluish pink plume, just like in KSP2. If they were to have gone with a hydrogen-oxygen mix like the SLS or a kerosene heavy engine like the Saturn V (though Kerosene is really only good if you have a massive rocket like the Saturn) it would be the orangy-yellow you see in typical rockets.

Reveal hidden contents

Shock-Diamond-Starship.jpg?auto=webp&cro

Well, that too, but what I meant (and clearly not communicated very well) is why they didn't reuse that particular plume style for the re-entry effects because it looks breathtaking.  Then again I've never been floating outside a spacecraft during re-entry so I just think it looks really like that, but what do I know?

I suspect as @Bej Kerman that there are performance issues, and the darker side of me likes to think that publishers aren't always truthful when trying to hype us up, and what we're looking at was actually blender/adobe after effects and not something created in Unity.

18 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Well, that too, but what I meant (and clearly not communicated very well) is why they didn't reuse that particular plume style for the re-entry effects because it looks breathtaking

Ah

Well that definitely would have had to do with performance. Plumes only have to take the shape of a cone, and re-entry effects are gonna have to conform to badly aimed interstellar vessels.