KSP2 Release Notes - Hotfix v0.1.4.1

Intercept Games

• KSP Team

KSP2 v0.1.4.1 Hotfix Release Notes

Bug Fixes 

Flight & Map

Other

• :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):    Certain actions will no longer cause PQS data values to be written to the Windows Registry [Original Bug Report]
  • PQS data values added to the Windows Registry in previous releases will now be removed upon launching the game

Known Issues

Remaining Orbital Decay

Disabling engine thrust in a low gravity sphere of influence can sometimes cause a miniscule amount of orbital decay. We're working to resolve this issue and will keep the community updated on our progress.

SUBMITTING BUG REPORTS AND FEEDBACK

If you'd like to provide feedback about this build, there are many different ways to do so:

Submit Feedback through the Game Launcher

Suggest a Change on the Forums

Join us on Discord to discuss potential changes

Bug reports should be shared to:

KSP Forums Bug Reports

:1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): <-- This rocket denotes an issue or change that community members directly helped by sharing or suggesting it to our dev team. Thanks to all of you who send in bug reports and suggestions!

I'm kinda impressed that this issue was brought up by a community member rather than the dev team itself, considering the issue would show itself by the time KSP2 wouldn't open up anymore due to Win Registry becoming bloated. How come no one at QA or other departments never stumbled upon it before?

Not trying to sound mean, just genuine curiosity, since I guess they are the people that must play KSP2 the most at this current moment in time

Good job regardless on pushing the fix asap!

Edited by MARL_Mk1

1 minute ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

I'm kinda impressed that this issue was brought up by a community member rather than the dev team itself, considering the issue would show itself by the time KSP2 wouldn't open up anymore due to Win Registry becoming bloated. How come no one at QA or other departments never stumbled upon it before?

The game not opening anymore never happened to us and I am not sure why. This issue is not new, it's been there for a long time. We are glad some one noticed it. Checking the registry is not a common test case but it will definitely be now!

28 minutes ago, Intercept Games said:

Disabling engine thrust in a low gravity sphere of influence can sometimes cause a miniscule amount of orbital decay. We're working to resolve this issue and will keep the community updated on our progress.

Cutting thrust or completely disabling the engine? Semantics do matter — although not that much since completely disabling an engine (as opposed to throttling down to 0) seems to be the only way to ensure your engine doesn't go full throttle when going to the tracking station.

10 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

they are the people that must play KSP2 the most

This is the keyword I believe. If the QA workflow is somewhat standard, they're not exactly playing (or rather, playtesting) unless told to. IIRC the registry spam occured on SOI change or save load. The first one can be easily omitted with dev tools (teleport), the second as well since many test cases can require a fresh save file.

5 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Cutting thrust or completely disabling the engine? Semantics do matter — although not that much since completely disabling an engine (as opposed to throttling down to 0) seems to be the only way to ensure your engine doesn't go full throttle when going to the tracking station.

The act of going from the status "under thrust" to the status "not under thrust".

Not really sure how this kind of issue made it into so many releases before being figured out.

Happy to see it getting resolved so quickly though. I can start playing again and looking foward to future updates with more contents (especially the official modloader so I and my team could really start working).

Credit where Credit is due, if this does fix it outside of that last remaining case, then that's a win and I won't mald otherwise. At least with spontaneous disassembly a player could believe that they maybe did something wrong in construction, while orbital decay was the game decisively saying "you cannot into space today". I would say I'm going to reinstall and see how it is this weekend, but this weekend is Ludum Dare, so I'm going to be otherwise busy.

Thank you so much! This hotfix finally fixed my issue with orbital decays. Now I can get into a stable low orbit around mun and minmus. (Not tested with other celestial bodies)
This was a game breaking bug for me, and it is finally fixed.  I'm excited for future updates. I know there are many out there, who think KSP 2 has failed, but I think you're going in the right direction and i'm very hopeful for the future of KSP 2.

Orbital Decay is a show stopper for me so it's great to see it's been (mostly) fixed. Curious to see from player experience how "mostly" it's fixed, but early reports are very promising.

This fix, some fix to wobbly rockets, and Science mode are about all I need to pull the trigger and buy the game. So I'm 1/3 of the way there it seems :D

9 minutes ago, kspbutitscursed said:

Would it run on a 1050 and 8 gigs of ram with an i7 at a good rate?

Maybe. I have seen a video where the game was running at 12fps when flying a normal plane near the ground. Considering optimization updates, you should get around 16 with something fairly simple. I do not know how well it would run post patch 4, though, so you might have to try it out yourself.

The new patch does improve or impact the frame rate too much, by the way.

Edited by Alpha_star

2 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

Would it run on a 1050 and 8 gigs of ram with an i7 at an good rate?

The limiter will be the 1050. Based on what I have heard from others with that card the low end will be about 10FPS (looking at the planet while in orbit or launching a rocket) with the high end about 30FPS while looking at space with no planet in view.