FOR SCIENCE! arrives December 19th

Intercept Games

• KSP Team

Attention Kerbonauts!

We're ecstatic to share that....

FOR SCIENCE! WILL BE OUT DECEMBER 19th, 2023!!!

KSP2_ForScience_ReleaseDate_Small_V1.png

Check out our last news post for information on features to expect! And stay tuned for an all-new Dev Chat later this week that dives deep into everything this milestone update has to offer!

We'll share more details about global release timing when we get closer to launch. We can't wait for you all to get your hands on For Science!

Glad we have a date, not glad it's right there with the holidays. Not for me or players, but for the capacity the team might have to deploy hotfixes if something goes wrong.

Hope those 2 months since it was "locked in" have been well spent in actual testing.

57 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

Glad we have a date, not glad it's right there with the holidays. Not for me or players, but for the capacity the team might have to deploy hotfixes if something goes wrong.

Hope those 2 months since it was "locked in" have been well spent in actual testing.

Agreed.  The team (if memory serves) goes on Christmas break like the 21st.  2 days of wiggle room for potential hot-fixes is not good, especially when you consider how many people might buy this as a Christmas present for themselves or others.  Hopefully they tested this out fully by release.  If not...good grief and my condolences on anyone whose plans get cancelled to deal with it.

No plan survives first contact. I'll be taking time off for the update/release, but I fully expect it to not "stick the landing" before the holiday break. Still, progress is progress and I look forward to getting my hands on it anyway.

Edited by Mitokandria

Well, I’m surprised and got a little bit hopeful which reminded me of when the KSP 2 trailer came out (I was full of joy.) Hopefully, this will be the update that restarts KSP 2 back to the times of when we were excited for this game and not disappointed with every dev update, because I feel a little bit excited. 

6 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

We can't wait for you all to get your hands on For Science!m

Well, obviously you can… until the 19th!

6 hours ago, PDCWolf said:

Hotfixes? That sounds wildly speculative.