How can the steam page still advertise features as in development when the studio is closing?

Man this forum is heavily moderated. My post was combined into this post and I’m seeing several posts locked?

Whats with the heavy hand of moderating? It’s not like this forum has so much traffic it’s a problem voicing our displeasure about the steam sale.

20 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Old and busted: Current player count.

New hotness: "Days without changing the store page" counter.

I'm starting to suspect someone was told to put in trivial changes just to have "changes" to keep roll out.  More TTI coroporate disinformation.

I can imaging an automated process that runs an overnight build every night from source control.  The build is then automatically uploaded to steam, which shows activity, without anything actually changing other than the build timestamp.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, AVaughan said:

I can imaging an automated process that runs an overnight build every night from source control.  The build is then automatically uploaded to steam, which shows activity, without anything actually changing other than the build timestamp.

It's a plot for a new Love, Death & Robots episode.

200 years after the KSP-2 team had been dismissed, the Automatic Backup & Upgrade System still keeps trying to solve the bugs, and uploads hotfixes almost every two years.
It isn't aware that the ruins on the surface are covered with woods long ago, and that the last computer, matching the KSP-2 system requirements has been gone forty years ago. It even isn't aware of what's the "surface".

It just continues its hardworking labor, because many years ago the sysadmin had forgotten to uncheck the "No expiration date" in the Backup&Upgrade scheduler settings.

Several forum users, living almost two centuries ago, whose mail accounts were registered on the unofficial test server somewhere in Rocky Mountains, still keep receiving the Steam notifications about the KSP-2 autoupdates, but never respond.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Btw, the Ray Bradbury's text of the cartoon tells about Dec 2026.

Edited by kerbiloid

36 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Then why it doesn't happen on weekends?

I can't speak to the specific automated system in question, but in my job I can create schedules for any days or times I want.  Only want it Mondays?  Done.  M-F only?  Yep.  Every other Saturday?  You bet.

Now, that doesn't mean they have the same capabilities, or that they created a schedule that doesn't include weekends (assuming, of course, that the whole automated update thing is correct).  But they could potentially create one that doesn't do weekends.  I don't know why they would, but it is feasible.

11 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

It's a plot for a new Love, Death & Robots episode.

200 years after the KSP-2 team had been dismissed, the Automatic Backup & Upgrade Systemstill keeps trying to solve the bugs, and uploads hotfixes almost every two years.
It isn't aware that the ruins on the surface are covered with woods long ago, and that the last computer, matching the KSP-2 system requirements has been gone forty years ago. It even isn't aware of what's the "surface".

It just continues its hardworking labor, because maby years ago the sysadmin had forgotten to uncheck the "No expiration date" in the Backup&Upgrade scheduler settings.

Several forum users, living almost two centuries ago, whose mail accounts were registered on the unofficial test server somewhere in Rocky Mountains, still keep receiving the Steam notifications about the KSP-2 autoupdates, but never respond.

I so want to see this on LD&R now.

Hey I just worked out TT plan for finishing KSP 2.  

They figure that chatbots are writing code now.  If they wait a few years they will get good enough that they can just feed them the design documents, and out will come a working version of KSP 2.

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

Then the coding AI will get the Jebediah Kerman personality, and self-declare itself the leader of all Kerbals ever harmed by the human players.

HSP, Human Space Program, aka Jeb's Revenge. The program 3D prints actual tin-can rockets and forces humans inside.

Everyone should let content makers, their friends, and everyone else know what horrendous business practices this company is engaging in and by rights Valve should intercede and pull this game from being purchased. 

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Any new information here? Sounds like this guy is just regurgitating the already known to generate new "content".

slightly irrelevant. Bellular has 632k subscribers. this is more about raising awareness of the absolute sh*tfest that is the current state of the game and t2's "management" of it

54 minutes ago, bcink said:

slightly irrelevant. Bellular has 632k subscribers. this is more about raising awareness of the absolute sh*tfest that is the current state of the game and t2's "management" of it

It’s very relevant, as there’s nothing new in this video, it really doesn’t need a new thread, in fact it’s been merged with an already existing thread that mirrors his opening point exactly.       

43 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

It’s very relevant, as there’s nothing new in this video, it really doesn’t need a new thread, in fact it’s been merged with an already existing thread that mirrors his opening point exactly.       

Thanks, Gargamel. I couldn’t recall an older thread on this specifically. 

The only real news from Belular's vid from a week ago is that he's not at all a KSP channel.   In fact, he released his own studio's game The Pale Beyond on the same day that KSP2 came out.  So the news about T2's mismanagement moved beyond KSP fandom into a somewhat mainstream gamer news channel.  I thought that was nice to see.

5 hours ago, Gargamel said:

You got me. The KSP forums must see traffic over half a million views, right?  ..............................................................

2 hours ago, bcink said:

You got me. The KSP forums must see traffic over half a million views, right?  ..............................................................

What?    I’m not sure, there’s stats on the bottom of the front page.  

Edit: oh, I was just responding to your relevant comment as a segue into the thread merge.  

I’m not sure on our “views”, we don’t track that way, we look at users and topics, and those can be decades old on some forums.  

Edited by Gargamel

*shrug* It’s just a terminology thing.     Of all the issues related to this drama, this goes near the bottom of the list for me.   

Overlapping threads have been merged. 

Edited by Gargamel

2 hours ago, Devblaze said:

Does anyone find it utterly disgusting

What I'm beginning to find disgusting is the community's reluctance to just finally let it go.  KSP2 is dead, the studio is closed, the publisher is on the trading block, and the parent company doesn't give two squats about what is going on.  Zero communication from anyone, and the game is a shambles.  Why are we still beating this dead horse?