[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

20 minutes ago, Nertea said:

So here is the science lab. It is different and interesting! Has a lot of exposed facility space to add experiments to.
unknown.png?width=1610&height=1341

So stoked to see that exposed facility! It looks really great, and the form factor of the whole module is interesting and unique. 

The fact that you aren’t charging money for this level of content, makes me feel some type of way.

6 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

Question: what's that round thing poking out the lower back of the lab in the first pic?

Looks like a separate part - a 1.25m or 1.875m (?) radial attachment node - I’m guessing he was using it to test radial attach behavior or something.

Edited by lemon cup

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

I am happy, it's time for it to retire so I can stop wasting time fixing game breaking updates.

So here is the science lab. It is different and interesting! Has a lot of exposed facility space to add experiments to.

One fun thing is the inclusion of a new science experiment on one side of the thing:

unknown.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED THAT!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

Question: what's that round thing poking out the lower back of the lab in the first pic?

Nothing at all ;)

3 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

Is that a telescope?

Yes.

4 hours ago, lemon cup said:

The fact that you aren’t charging money for this level of content, makes me feel some type of way.

4 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

I am often shocked by this as well.

Man, I just made a supernice and super huge space-science-station-thing with 2 asteroids and a lot of SSPXr parts, and here you are showing off all this new content, making my station look all boring :0.0:

Keep it up!

19 hours ago, Nertea said:

I am happy, it's time for it to retire so I can stop wasting time fixing game breaking updates.

unknown.png?width=1610&height=1341

One fun thing is the inclusion of a new science experiment on one side of the thing:

unknown.png

Your mods are  definitely the most impressive and interesting that I have ever seen in this game. These parts are the best you've ever made in my opinion, you've outdone yourself once again :)  Just incredible!

On 6/15/2021 at 3:23 PM, lemon cup said:

You can always contribute to his beer and coffee fund :)

Edited by Pthigrivi

2 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

EPIC!!!! 

If I’ve got this right, these are special science modules for the megalab?

Also, maybe a glimpse of what the Cupola might look like??

My guess is that the Science Lab has an integrated telescope, and the part on the right is a standalone version for when you want to run that experiment without lugging a 5m lab across the kerbolar system.  Then the part on the left is a small greenhouse part for when you need just a little bit of snacks. 1.875m form factor, presumably?

A congratulations and article well deserved.

Frankly just about all of what I have seen from you should be in the stock game. Stock is... Lacking. A shadow of what it could be, putting it lightly. Here's to hoping KSP2 isn't a dumpster fire.

Thanks team, it was a fun interview to do! 

So I'm probably trending towards releasing (read: committing to the 2.0 branch) an initial version of the 5m parts this weekend. It won't be fully operational and will be missing about 4 or so parts that are still planned, but probably good to get things out there to start working out bugs.

As promised, 5m parts are up on 2-0-0.

Important notes:

• Don't use this on your mainline save
  • Don't post screenshots all over the internet
  • Experiment definitions need to be written for the telescope experiment
  • There is a known issue with the size of the shutter on the telescope
  • IVA for the science lab is not very complete
  • Balance is embryonic

1 minute ago, Nertea said:

As promised, 5m parts are up on 2-0-0.

Important notes:

• Don't use this on your mainline save
  • Don't post screenshots all over the internet
  • Experiment definitions need to be written for the telescope experiment
  • There is a known issue with the size of the shutter on the telescope
  • IVA for the science lab is not very complete
  • Balance is embryonic

oh no, now I need to close ksp again :(

still, yay :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.