KSP2 Hype Train Thread

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Not really, not unless you want to do really really slow interstellar transfers. I doubt Orion Drive can get up to even 1% the speed of light. 

Well I suppose I am talking real world, but the Orion Drive is one way to get to an appreciable % of light speed compared to other ways we have now.

FoikZJQXgAMhScY?format=jpg&name=4096x409

without a doubt they might have tested ksp 2, gaming PC in the background.. and some amount of people lmao. now it makes sense so far.. also see content creators and KSP Insiders.

Edited by Stephensan
Grammarly decided what i typed didn't need to be entered due to removing a period

4 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

FoikZJQXgAMhScY?format=jpg&name=4096x409

without a doubt they might have tested ksp 2, gaming PC in the background.. and some amount of people lmao. now it makes sense so far

Did they host a content creator preview showing/playing at one of EVA'S facilities? 

Just now, GoldForest said:

Did they host a content creator preview showing/playing at one of EVA'S facilities? 

im not going to give out misinformation just the information i know.

We know that some content creators was going some where, then KSP twitter did a #KSPxESA, so knowing that they are going to ESA.

Now we have this photo showing some of the most famous CC's for ksp 1 now being at this meeting, with alongside this, a "KSP INSIDER"

there is nothing else i can conclude that the CC's are in a huge NDA, and they were shown/played ksp 2, this along side a meeting, who know what that meeting was about though, could be what they can publish, they could have gotten even more early acess of how the game will work etc.. i just don't know.

23 hours ago, i dont know how to forum said:

Regarding the forum discussion, what will the spoiler policy be for any anomalies and hypothetical Planet 8s to be found once the game launches?

You forgot looking into settings.cfg lol

Well it's clear they know more about the game than we do. There was some kind of event, dev-fan related, that's for sure, and ESA being the host points at something more. Given the last cooperation (sound recording), I think there could be some more intriguing details.

Time will tell, as always.

22 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

im not going to give out misinformation just the information i know.

We know that some content creators was going some where, then KSP twitter did a #KSPxESA, so knowing that they are going to ESA.

Now we have this photo showing some of the most famous CC's for ksp 1 now being at this meeting, with alongside this, a "KSP INSIDER"

there is nothing else i can conclude that the CC's are in a huge NDA, and they were shown/played ksp 2, this along side a meeting, who know what that meeting was about though, could be what they can publish, they could have gotten even more early acess of how the game will work etc.. i just don't know.

We also know that on Discord it was confirmed that CC's will get early access AND be able to release early footage, so I think it's safe to assume that this is the early CC content we were promised.

It's a shame ShadowZone couldn't be there. 

5 minutes ago, Ahres said:

What is KSP Insiders? It's got its own logo and everything - with what looks like the ESA label associated with it.

It probably means exactly what the title says. "Insider" means they get early access to content. 

As for the ESA label, I'm pretty sure it says something like "Presented by ESA" or "Presented and Sponsored by ESA."

The text is too small and blurry to read. 

4 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

We also know that on Discord it was confirmed that CC's will get early access AND be able to release early footage, so I think it's safe to assume that this is the early CC content we were promised.

I wasn't aware of this.

Am I reading you wrong, or does that imply that the gameplay people is expecting to see previous to EA release will happen to drop from the hands of these creators themselves in a few days?

Because if it's that way, I'm more than happy. No one will know how to present fresh gameplay better than people like them.

Besides EJ_SA, Das, Matt, Scott and Tim, I can't recognize any other creators, if there are any. Am I missing someone?

I think we'll likely start seeing the first insider videos tomorrow, and then a steady release of them over the two weeks leading up to launch. This likely includes developer interviews, Q&As, gameplay recorded during this event, etc. with strict rules on what can be released when. To my knowledge this is all a fairly common practice for the games industry.

12 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

I wasn't aware of this.

Am I reading you wrong, or does that imply that the gameplay people is expecting to see previous to EA release will happen to drop from the hands of these creators themselves in a few days?

Because if it's that way, I'm more than happy. No one will know how to present fresh gameplay better than people like them.

Besides EJ_SA, Das, Matt, Scott and Tim, I can't recognize any other creators, if there are any. Am I missing someone?

You read me correctly. We will be getting content creator KSP 2 footage before EA. That is IF my assumption is correct that this is indeed Intercept giving CC's access to the game at this event.  Don't take what I say as law. I'm only guessing!

Of course, there's a lot of evidence to support my theory. 

Gaming PCs EVERYWHERE.

KSP 2 Insider.

KSP 1 Content Creators at a KSP 2 event. 

Edited by GoldForest

19 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

You read me correctly. We will be getting content creator KSP 2 footage before EA. That is IF my assumption is correct that this is indeed Intercept giving CC's access to the game at this event.  Don't take what I say as law. I'm only guessing!

Of course, there's a lot of evidence to support my theory. 

Gaming PCs EVERYWHERE.

KSP 2 Insider.

KSP 1 Content Creators at a KSP 2 event. 

Also this: https://discord.com/channels/1039959585949237268/1039965578754007060/1073300607819063336

L28bciV.png

Edited by Ashandalar
added screenshot

1 hour ago, Snafu225 said:

OuXfzrR.jpg

I want to talk about this bit: This seems like a big poster, but the wheels kind of look like the small rover wheels we had in KSP 1. Is that KSP 2 Duna + scatter? Or just a promotional render?

I think that's a render of a real-life rover, considering the moon poster in the top right of the room. Plus other parts of the rover don't look like KSP to me.

2 minutes ago, Astr0Guy5 said:

I think that's a render of a real-life rover, considering the moon poster in the top right of the room. Plus other parts of the rover don't look like KSP to me.

yeah just wondering; though we've also seen a perseverance style supercam part in a preview before, which would fit what we see there.

2 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Screenshot or something please, can't access the link without being in the server.

Also, would early previews start at two weeks or one week before launch?

I'd say tomorrow will be telling, if not I'd guess we see stuff the week before. 

Ok, my hype levels are absolutely going up! :D  I have said in the past that I wouldn't watch any videos or anything before playing and exploring in the game myself, but I don't think I'll be able to stick to that! I just hope they don't show anything too spoilery, and tbh I don't think they will. I'm sure they'll have been told pretty much exactly what they can and can't show.

Edited by WelshSteW

33 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Screenshot or something please, can't access the link without being in the server.

Furreal, even going to that link, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be looking for. I think they were talking about this:

sM82bmS.png

Edited by whatsEJstandfor
Removed irrelevant part of Aziz's quoted post

1 hour ago, Snafu225 said:

OuXfzrR.jpg

I want to talk about this bit: This seems like a big poster, but the wheels kind of look like the small rover wheels we had in KSP 1. Is that KSP 2 Duna + scatter? Or just a promotional render?

The rover in the image seems to bear some resemblance to ESA's Rosalind Franklin Rover, wouldn't be surprised if this is some Kerbal remake of it. Also worth noting that the Orange of the ground of the ground scatter seems to bright compare to what we've seen in official renders from ESA of Rosalind Franklin.

Very Hopeful that this is an actual screenshot from the game, if so that scatter looks Gorgeous ! :D

exomars2018_rover_20140321_9khero.jpg__1

4 hours ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

Clouds looking fine :)

clouds_or_klouds.png

I've been pretty crusty about the clouds so far, but these are looking good. These look like a good fit for the chosen art direction without being overly cartoony.

Only a bit over two weeks left...

I only have to drag my decaying carcass to work and back 10 or so more times before the wait is over!