So... yeah... what do you guys want to see. I kinda was disappointed in 1.11

Edit: Just because I was disappointed in 1.11 doesn't mean you should be, I am more of a large scale building guy so this update didn't really introduce anything useful. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, The Doodling Astronaut said:

So... yeah... what do you guys want to see. I kinda was disappointed in 1.11

Really? 1.11 was the best update in a long time. *for me

Personally, I would want 1.12 to just be a bug fix update. There is quite a bit of technical debt that now would be as good of a time as ever to quash.

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

31 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I kinda was disappointed in 1.11

I can't even.

But anyway, to answer the question I'd love enhancements to the in-situ assembly. How about a 3d printer? How about 3 of them, a small one that can only print solar panels and tiny landing gear, a medium one that can print science experiments and wheels and the smallest radial fuel tanks (empty of course), and a big one that can print anything at all. These would go hand-in-hand with (or include for less part bloat) a part grinder that can turn parts into part-icles (please use that name Squad if you decide to do this) for the printer.

TLDR: I think they should revamp the last 2 planet textures. They should add more contract types + more content to career mode in order to motivate players. They should fix a lot of bugs too, as they have 2000+ bugs currently. Visualisation of science experiments would be cool too, but that can wait.

I would like to see more work on the career aspect of the game. The 3 new contract types in update 1.11 are really nice, and I think they should definitely add more contract types in the next update. I also think they should add more to career to incentivise or motivate the players to going places, sometimes it can get a bit reptetitve/boring going to the mun several times for example. I think one of the things they could/should do is add more content to the breaking ground dlc, such as more formations. One thing I would like is if they had an option to make the terrain scattering objects physical entities, as right now I can just drive through rocks and trees, because they don't actually exist.

I think they could make career more interesting by making the science more interactive/visible. Currently when I visit a planet or moon they seem very bland a lot of the time. Sure the different colours and textures are cool, but they feel empty if that makes sense. When I do an atmospheric scan of duna for example, it could open a little window that visualises the atmospheric make-up, so you can see all the different elements the atmosphere is made of, and maybe even give you a little minigame to do in order to scan it. But that's just one idea.

Bug fixes are needed too, I know this game has over 2000 bugs right now, so the update could do with a lot of bug fixes.

5 minutes ago, darkplasmaray said:

I think they should revamp the last 2 planet textures.

They definitely will, it'd be weird if they revamped most of them and then just left the last two alone.

6 minutes ago, darkplasmaray said:

They should fix a lot of bugs too, as they have 2000+ bugs currently.

A lot of the open bugs on the tracker have been fixed but were never closed. There are certainly a lot of bugs but I don't think there are 2000 currently unfixed bugs.

22 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

They definitely will, it'd be weird if they revamped most of them and then just left the last two alone.

A lot of the open bugs on the tracker have been fixed but were never closed. There are certainly a lot of bugs but I don't think there are 2000 currently unfixed bugs.

I never said they'd leave the last 2 alone, I'm just saying best to do it in the next update to get it out of the way

Focus on progression. Adding better visuals and mod features to the stock game are nice, but ultimately what keeps me playing is a progression system that challenges me without being annoying.

• The science collection system needs to be completely revamped so that it doesn't just consist of clicking PAW items. Breaking Ground was a big improvement but I'd like to see more environment-specific experiments in the stock game. There also should be a single location that shows all the collected data.
  • Contracts are also a mess. They aren't open ended enough - e.g. you should have the option to explore Minmus before the Mun - but they also aren't challenging enough. It would help to have more serious time deadlines with lower rewards. Satellite contracts should offer orbits that are sensible, like Keosyncronous or polar orbit.
  • Building progression is also pretty annoying and could be revamped like in Bureaucracy - upgrades that improve gameplay (patched conics, action groups, ability to EVA, etc) should be given in earlier tiers, while extending the capability of the buildings (DSN range, # of kerbals) requires more tiered upgrades.
Edited by EchoLima

14 hours ago, Fusion confusion said:

The old reliant and swivel

That.

I get that RCS and other things are equally important, but these two are the most used 1st stage engines by me. YES, 1.25m rockets are still a thing even late into the career. 

I have been talking to my friends of mine and a lot of them really want all the bugs that came with 1.11 to be fixed. So I wouldn't complain if 1.12 was a bug fix update with some small features like Eeloo revamp and maybe some new smaller parts.

1 hour ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I have been talking to my friends of mine and a lot of them really want all the bugs that came with 1.11 to be fixed. So I wouldn't complain if 1.12 was a bug fix update with some small features like Eeloo revamp and maybe some new smaller parts.

There's likely to be a 1.11.1 update soon, that should fix at least some of the bugs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.