Kapybara Space Program: A World of Cheese, Melons, and Galactic Exploration

Intercept Games

I wonder how hard it would be to mod the little Kerbals into actually having different appearances.  I'm sure it would be really challenging, but this would be genuinely fun to have as an option.

Edited by PTNLemay

24 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

I thought moving that chair last time I time traveled would cause something horrible. But now I can rest easy.

Was it also, perhaps… against the wall? <_<

Also FOR THE LOVE OF JEB THIS SO ABSOLUTELY NEEDS TO BE A THING IM DYIN’ HERE!!!!1!1!1!-! :confused:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Kapybaras as a pseudo-canine/primate analogue for KSP. Although the Mystery Goo could already fill this niche, being able to crew your rockets with Kapybaras could be a way to trade Kerbal control for extra science, in flights similar to those of Laika, Ham and the Zond 5 tortoises. Maybe you could train Kapybaras to be able to do certain tasks on your crafts, too.

Happy KapyDay. Glad to see spirits are still high and humor is fully functional. Can’t wait for the next cheese to drop. 

Anyone else concerned about the utility of those suit controls? Not sure the Kapys will be able to reach them. Can we please have someone look into this, don’t want any kapy hurt unnecessarily. Maybe test it on a kerbal first.

2 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

Additional smaller changes:

Please keep in mind that Kapybaras do not have opposable thumbs, so controls may be affected by these changes.

• Command Modules have been updated to accommodate four legged fuzzy bodies such as bucket seats and larger buttons and switches.
  • Added refrigerated melon and cheese storage
  • Added bathtubs
  • Adjusted levers so you can only pull up
  • Tightened up the graphics on level three.

I knew getting in on Early Access would pay off!

2 hours ago, Stephensan said:

im warning you, this community will want this.

My first thought was making history style missions! They're gonna have to do at least one character now! haha

Edited by Fluke

3 hours ago, The Space Peacock said:

While i’m really excited we’re finally moving away from those pesky Kerbals, i do have my concerns about Kapybara Soace Program 2. Will my planes still be able to pull up?

As far as I understand, you will be able to pull up. But only up.  Try using differential thrust for the other directions. (Maybe Seperatrons for roll control?)

Edited by livetalk

I mean, really! Who'd you all think built the Mun Arches?!?!  But this smacks of April's Fools. Can't pull the wool over this one's eye. Though I am still waiting on NASA to get this going. I mean how else will we feed a bunch of colonist on Mars? :sticktongue:

t7TujdC.jpg

Mun Milk anyone? Jool Jerky?

Edited by LeroyJenkins