Patch Two On Approach

Nate Simpson

Hello fellow Kerbonauts!

Okay, we've got a date for the v0.1.2.0 patch - it'll arrive next Wednesday, April 12. We'll post patch notes on that day as well. There's a nice blend of performance, stability, UI, and visual improvements, and we think these add up to a significantly improved KSP2 experience. One unheralded improvement, in addition to the already-announced fixes - the nighttime lighting at KSC has taken a big step forward:

image.png

Meanwhile, we're continuing to work on upcoming Science Mode features, re-entry and thermal systems, and of course ongoing improvements to performance and stability. We've also begun some investigations into improving the current wobbly rocket situation, and we should have more to discuss on that subject soon. 

For today's Weekly Challenge, we're going to Eve! Until the future arrival of re-entry heating, you've got a great opportunity to do a little low-risk sightseeing (and if you visit after next Wednesday, you'll get to experience Eve's stunning new height fog, as well):

image.png

Also, check out this week's burger-iffic Community Highlights post. So many amazing creations this week! There's also a new Tik Tok! 

I'm heading out for a few days' rest in a place that has sunshine, which means next week's updates will be made by guest writers. Please be nice to them, but also don't be so nice to them that my bosses decide I shouldn't do the posts anymore. Please be medium nice to them.

See you in two weeks! 

Best WAG guess is that last time they did thursday so they had friday to evaluate the response and implementation, and that turned out to not be enough time...so two days to bounce back this time!

Can't wait for that patch notes and to see what kind of performance improvement we get! One step closer!

1 hour ago, Little 908 said:

Why are the patches slowly but surely falling out of a schedule?

But thanks for the update!

Patches appear to be on a monthly schedule, which is fine.  But along with @Superfluous J, I gotta say that there really is no set schedule yet with only having 1 released patch and 1 on the way.