KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.1.2.0

Intercept Games

A significant amount of material has been redacted or removed.

It is not OK to make derogatory personal remark about other forum members.

It is not OK to respond to a derogatory personal remark from another member.  If you see a post fitting this description, report it and move on.

It is not OK to direct another member about how they post or what they post.

If you find yourself tempted to do any of these things please refrain from posting.

It is never okay to accuse someone of anything, regardless of circumstances. 
If you think someome is doing something inappropriate, for example if you think they are engaging in personal attacks, by all means file a report about it and we'll have a look. It's fine for you to complain to us. But you are not allowed to complain about another user's behavior, ever, to anyone but the moderators.

Some off topic material was removed and posts that quoted removed or redacted content have themselves been removed or redacted.

Be civil.  Be polite.  If you can't do that, don't post.

Thank you for your understanding,
Forum Moderation Team

3 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Actually, the number of game-breaking bugs and performance fixes that have been addressed in the last 2 patches is quite staggering.  Especially the performance fixes in the last patch; users are reporting that their FPS has gone up and the game has become playable and smooth for them.  So where you got this from I don't know.  Other than perhaps simply not playing the game and just trolling?

I'm sorry - but this so reads like someone who has acquired the taste for Mud Pie. 

5 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I'm sorry - but this so reads like someone who has acquired the taste for Mud Pie. 

How so?  200+ fixes in patch 1, 100+ in patch 2.  People are reporting performance enhancements after this patch, and many bugs have been squashed.

Now, don't read this to mean that I think the game is perfect.  Far from it.  But people shouldn't say they haven't fixed anything.

4 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Actually, the number of game-breaking bugs and performance fixes that have been addressed in the last 2 patches is quite staggering.  Especially the performance fixes in the last patch; users are reporting that their FPS has gone up and the game has become playable and smooth for them.  So where you got this from I don't know.  Other than perhaps simply not playing the game and just trolling?

The placebo effect can make a patch feel like it's making the change you want to believe is happening, and auto-updating from Steam makes it hard for people to verify differences themselves.  If you look at videos from people who have prepared repeatable tests, there seems to be very little performance improvement with patch 2.

gs0QsAF.png

16 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Agree.  

But. 

WHY they need to fix so much is the elephant in the room. 

Oh, I don’t disagree with you.  The bugs that are present here but are part of working core gameplay in KSP1 is mind boggling.

By now it seems more people are playing the game of finding things to be mad about, than are actually playing the game.

Patch 1: "They didn't fix anything!"

Patch 2: "They fixed a lot of stuff but why did they have to?"

I can't imagine hating a game this much yet continuing to play and/or post on the forums. And I don't even play anymore.

7 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

That's the thing.

We don't hate it.

Also - its a forum.  We express.

I don't think that comment was meant for you.  I think it was about the OP's original comment and the folks who whinge but offer nothing constructive. 

Edited by Klapaucius

1 hour ago, Superfluous J said:

I can't imagine hating a game this much yet continuing to play and/or post on the forums. And I don't even play anymore.

I think part of the anger comes from the feeling of having been lead down a primrose path by marketing/lies and great disappointment that the development of the sequel to a game we love, has been so mismanaged. I don't think the detractors "hate" the KSP game, as much as they are not happy with the implementation, or lack thereof of KSP2.

Edited by Observe

1 hour ago, Rosten said:

The placebo effect can make a patch feel like it's making the change you want to believe is happening, and auto-updating from Steam makes it hard for people to verify differences themselves.  If you look at videos from people who have prepared repeatable tests, there seems to be very little performance improvement with patch 2.

gs0QsAF.png

What are the settings. I believe the biggest optimizations occurred for 'Low' Settings. The major overhaul optimizations are coming in future patch. 

So far, with my GTX 1660S (under minimum spec) and the rest of the PC over the minimum specs :

:  ~15 FPS in every quality settings
0.1.2.0:  ~19 FPS all HIGH, ~23 FPS all MED, ~30 FPS all LOW.

I would say this is significantly better. Maybe poor for some people, but OK for me. This is nice too see an impact of the quality settings !

For me it seems that "Ground shading quality", "Texture quality" and "Cloud quality" will have a big impact on performance according to their level, but the remaining parameters can be maxed out without any negative effect.

I prefer V-Sync OFF, because now with a reasonable FPS, but FPS still lower than the refresh rate, the V-Sync ON seems to cause hickups in the frames.

[Edit :]

I have set an hybrid V-Sync mode in my GPU settings, which is "close to the speed of the V-Sync off but without deformations", it seems to work better than the built-in V-Sync from the game.

Edited by JeanRenaud

2 hours ago, twich22 said:

What are the settings. I believe the biggest optimizations occurred for 'Low' Settings. The major overhaul optimizations are coming in future patch. 

The pic links to the full video, he's a bit under the recommended spec, but not low spec.

4 hours ago, Observe said:

I think part of the anger comes from the feeling of having been lead down a primrose path by marketing/lies 

It's fair to point out this game has bugs, lacks features as we await the roadmap updates, and performs badly in comparison to KSP 1 but we were shown the performance and were told it was buggy well in advance. Ignoring that and buying anyways expecting not to find bugs is the part that's unreasonable in my eyes. That said, I get that there are a LOT of bugs. I'll say the game is obviously severely limited when you can't even reliably build a space station and dock to it and that's off putting, but I knew the  risks when I bought it as anyone should buying a game at launch. If anyone waited no more than 6 hours and read the reviews before purchase they would know what they were getting in to as well.

Ftki1TKXwAAbHRk?format=jpg&name=largeWater landings - right through the mesh, parachutes stay deployed while vessel sinks... unless it doesn't sink in shallow and then parachutes stay deployed.

idea for future build - inflatable flotation like with original NASA spacecraft

Edited by jammer2isme

I agree with everyone else here that the "Cannot plan a maneuver that exceeds available fuel" thing needs to go.

Losing the ability to see how much fuel would be needed to successfully complete the maneuver so we can plan better the next go around is really bad. And I really want a "remaining dV" counter.

Other things that annoy me since 0.1.0: The yellow bar is not precise enough and "stop burn in ..." is not helpful if you vary your throttle input during the maneuver.

5 hours ago, Observe said:

I think part of the anger comes from the feeling of having been lead down a primrose path by marketing/lies and great disappointment that the development of the sequel to a game we love, has been so mismanaged. I don't think the detractors "hate" the KSP game, as much as they are not happy with the implementation, or lack thereof of KSP2.

We know it's been in the works by about 47 people for 3 to 5 years and has been delayed several times, with the reason that they wanted the best quality. We've seen beautiful KSP cinematic videos, as-well as several nice promises during the years.  In the end we get a super buggy and bad optimization KSP2 that's in really early stages, I wouldn't even call it EA tbh.  I can understand all the anger from people who've been really looking forward to the game, but then again it's just a game. :) 

Anyway, They've a ton of work in optimization to do and  meanwhile adding more content too, all that in a short period of time. 

I hope they have a different team that works on content, next to a team for optimization.  Seeing only bug fixes for the first half year wouldn't do the game good imo.

Edited by Ferio

7 hours ago, Rosten said:

gs0QsAF.png

And folks are going to look at those videos and ask what the hell the devs have been doing. Meanwhile I'm GPU-wise near minimal requirements and I'm hitting 40-ish frames on the launchpad. Instead of 15 before the patch. 

I don't know which kind of magic the developers did, but KSP2 used to run at 1.5fps on my laptop, and now it's running at 20+ fps (at ground level).

So a big THANK YOU to every member of the team, i can now play the game while i wait for my desktop to be fixed!

I wish KSP2 would become more popular, so everyone could feel the joy this simulator has to offer!

Love y'all :heart_eyes::vallove: