Weekly Challenge #10 Sci-fi Craft

I'd love to, and I have done that in KSP1 but the 2 is missing so many parts required for even remotely accurate recreation, that I'm unable to build it. My actual goal is to base my first interstellar class ship on that, but right now the cargo  containers, artificial gravity rings, radiators, are not here yet.

So by the quote, I no try, I simply do not.

7 hours ago, The Aziz said:

I'd love to, and I have done that in KSP1 but the 2 is missing so many parts required for even remotely accurate recreation, that I'm unable to build it. My actual goal is to base my first interstellar class ship on that, but right now the cargo  containers, artificial gravity rings, radiators, are not here yet.

So by the quote, I no try, I simply do not.

Agreed.  100%.  Missing so many parts, and some of the stuff I'd need is included in either mods for KSP1 (future tech) or won't be available at all in KSP2 (robotics).  Not to mention some of the parts we have dont allow for part clipping (fairings).  So yeah, no try and no do for me.

Ok, I'll play.  My submission is a car from a movie from the 1980's.  The car can fly as well as travel through time.  No, it's not the DMC from Back to the Future.  This movie is from 1984, a year before Back to the Future.

Since I am horrible at artistic things, my model does not really resemble the actual car.  So I'll just go ahead and say it's (supposed to be) a 1964 Chevy Malibu.  I think I got the color fairly close though.

Bonus points to anyone who recognizes the movie!

6etUpyf.png

More screenshots:

Spoiler

I do consider this movie to be science fiction.  It involves aliens, flying cars, and time travel.

JE7tA74.png

eH9PYGr.png

xC7DkGU.png

z4ydPXF.png

2 minutes ago, Poppa Wheelie said:

How accurate is the trunk?

Not very.  Although I did mount 2 RTGs in the trunk area to keep the battery charged.  So, kinda?

I did consider mounting a bunch of bright lights in there, but haven't figured out how to make the trunk open quite yet.

Rebuilt a sort of OuterWild Spacecraft but like a small probe, it would be great for Mun or Minmus (need to be tested), but work already on Kerbin, i've added a chute later due to the low fuel

I keep it for later, could be a nice little Exploring Vehicle

jWg3brl.jpg

gRsAirz.jpg

14 hours ago, 18Watt said:

Ok, I'll play.  My submission is a car from a movie from the 1980's.  The car can fly as well as travel through time.  No, it's not the DMC from Back to the Future.  This movie is from 1984, a year before Back to the Future.

Since I am horrible at artistic things, my model does not really resemble the actual car.  So I'll just go ahead and say it's (supposed to be) a 1964 Chevy Malibu.  I think I got the color fairly close though.

Bonus points to anyone who recognizes the movie!

6etUpyf.png

More screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

I do consider this movie to be science fiction.  It involves aliens, flying cars, and time travel.

JE7tA74.png

eH9PYGr.png

xC7DkGU.png

z4ydPXF.png

But is there a green light mounted in the trunk for the appropriate radiactive glow when it's opened?

Hello Everyone, I've added 4 Sci-Fi crafts in the Vehicle Exchange for this week's challenge.

Darkstar (Top Gun Maverick)

Tie Bomber (Star Wars)

Arwing (Starfox/ Lylat Wars)

Viper (Battlestar Galactica)

Thought I'd save on posting twice lol

11 minutes ago, LoSBoL said:

Some screenshots from the dark side;p

aa76917c-3d58-428d-9f25-41631c9e2498.jpg

38a4134c-9e25-4a79-9df4-cfdff4eead24.jpg

3089b21b-5282-43f0-b3fd-93c8f5853113.jpg

074c8411-bfb0-4d55-985a-8ed6783025f3.jpg

55b162d4-6cb4-4d0d-a5c0-b3bd2e5b1339.jpg

Looks Awesome 

On 5/4/2023 at 1:49 PM, LoSBoL said:

Some screenshots from the dark side;p

aa76917c-3d58-428d-9f25-41631c9e2498.jpg

38a4134c-9e25-4a79-9df4-cfdff4eead24.jpg

3089b21b-5282-43f0-b3fd-93c8f5853113.jpg

074c8411-bfb0-4d55-985a-8ed6783025f3.jpg

55b162d4-6cb4-4d0d-a5c0-b3bd2e5b1339.jpg

Wait, Do the wings fold?  is it a mod or is it a cargo hold opening?  (i haven't tried cargo hold wings)  or a separate design entirely?  its really so cool.

11 hours ago, Audaylon said:

Wait, Do the wings fold?  is it a mod or is it a cargo hold opening?  (i haven't tried cargo hold wings)  or a separate design entirely?  its really so cool.

Unfortunately, they only fold in the VAB :blush2:

Needed a big oll rocket to get it to space as well, and it doesn't fly like a dream going up or in space, needs some more work to make it a great flyier.

6b9e87b0-0db3-4b7f-a91a-1c72adc962a0.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.