[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

@Zorg, how will the new Atlas parts effect my existing Atlas craft files? Will the new stuff cause conflicts with my craft files? I have no problem deleting them as I enjoy the build process. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

@Zorg, how will the new Atlas parts effect my existing Atlas craft files? Will the new stuff cause conflicts with my craft files? I have no problem deleting them as I enjoy the build process. Thanks. 

Existing craft should not be affected for now. I will be hiding the parts soon (forgot to do that earlier) and eventually they will be deleted.

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Existing craft should not be affected for now. I will be hiding the parts soon (forgot to do that earlier) and eventually they will be deleted.

Can we delete the "Old" folder of parts within Gamedata or cause any problems?

1 minute ago, Adam-Kerman said:

Can we delete the "Old" folder of parts within Gamedata or cause any problems?

There might be a couple of important items like the SLV-3B fairing base (actually just that I think). But I havent looked into what files need to be retained to save that. Will check in a bit.

In other news we have a potential trailer for the 1.14 update

9 minutes ago, Zorg said:

There might be a couple of important items like the SLV-3B fairing base (actually just that I think). But I havent looked into what files need to be retained to save that. Will check in a bit.

In other news we have a potential trailer for the 1.14 update

Typical KSP moment :D.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, hugoraider said:

Typical KSP moment :D.

Sorry that this isn't in the right thread, but how is kats coming along? I have some ideas that involve the Saturn parts and shuttle III ;)

Edited by Ultim32

4 minutes ago, Ultim32 said:

Sorry that this isn't in the right thread, but how is kats coming along? I have some ideas that involve the Saturn parts and shuttle III ;)

I'm afraid it's on hold :/.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DeadJohn said:

All this new BDB and Tantares activity is a welcome ray of sunshine. It's nice to read good KSP news. Thank you.

It doesn't come as a surprise, I always knew KSP2 was doomed to fail from the beginning. It's just a shame that it got everyones' hopes up for as long as it did. But the wait was definitely worth it, now we get to reap the rewards of a new era of KSP modding.

Edited by Entr8899

With help from a Titan Centaur I was able to send a lander to Tension.

Chiatzou is making its descent.

dhc3dmn-74dbee4d-8dd9-438e-b915-84d051a02251.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjM2Rtbi03NGRiZWU0ZC04ZGQ5LTQzOGUtYjkxNS04NGQwNTFhMDIyNTEuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.GXG75jqFDB6HENIO8XVuREwaYlKaCxoQPM4xYr_bMuU

We did land but not in a good spot.

dhc3din-663b5be1-1832-4aa5-950b-9de9d1996a2c.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjM2Rpbi02NjNiNWJlMS0xODMyLTRhYTUtOTUwYi05ZGU5ZDE5OTZhMmMuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.hrPSJ8PXWYsgHsfCU99rOsdsJcLy-cy-zUuEVoNI-FU

Thankfully we had plenty of Delta V and power to jump biomed and find a flatter area lol.

These landing lights either light up a whole planet or not, it varies.

dhc3dih-922efa4b-4499-440a-b064-708030d33e6f.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjM2RpaC05MjJlZmE0Yi00NDk5LTQ0MGEtYjA2NC03MDgwMzBkMzNlNmYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.NSUuf4iQ1FVg85UHe8NUvdZw5zMQv_45v8b4lqVZWrA

dhc3did-6b3c8f50-75fb-43e5-ac03-d248c8916892.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjM2RpZC02YjNjOGY1MC03NWZiLTQzZTUtYWMwMy1kMjQ4Yzg5MTY4OTIuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.HPdK1Twlz4t0H4i3TItF8MJDUw23vVEq01znUitHHVo

dhc3dia-92fd9f14-c2e4-4f84-afd9-b22991d4a369.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVjZWQwODZiLWE1MGMtNGIxZC1iZmZiLWJkYTlmMTk4Mjc1ZlwvZGhjM2RpYS05MmZkOWYxNC1jMmU0LTRmODQtYWZkOS1iMjI5OTFkNGEzNjkuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.IM5_lDyIouRF0vZk89Wq7d-l-_75XK546PXp-kPyyBk

Mission was a overall success, however I forgot to put on the topsoil scoop and surveyor camera ^^:. 

I hadn't been posting much LV pictures in awhile, for some reason the first launch after loading it lags until I detatch the SRBs. After that and later launches with the same SRBs its fine.

@CobaltWolf This is on you. :P

Screw Mercury, we goin early spaceplane. 

Btw, it seems Rescale has stopped working for whatever reason, so now I'm stuck in Stock scale... If anyone could help me figure out why, that would be greatly appreciated!

Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/nr2qg8m6trcl8ihiyjpfq/h?rlkey=xoa5s9gnl8kkikmpl5cg2bjow&st=xv4lu8vw&dl=0

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

8O2KMxt.png

DuYSinI.png

zOfyXgN.png

2bFBcaT.png

n9FQJQg.png

pmhskhs.png

S1FtxSD.png

Posted (edited)

Would you consider giving the atlas family a single name instead of Bossart and Muo being seperate? It divides them so much   

Thanks for the new parts and update. Some good things are much appreciated considering whats going on. 

Edited by dave1904

1 hour ago, dave1904 said:

Would you consider giving the atlas family a single name instead of Bossart and Muo being seperate? It divides them so much   

Thanks for the new parts and update. Some good things are much appreciated considering whats going on. 

The names are purposely separated as the old atlas and atlas v are pretty different rockets in terms of gameplay and part-sets. A large motivator of kerbalized names was to separate rockets that share names irl but are actually quite different from one another (like giving separate names for the delta/thor, delta 2, and delta 4 part sets) as it makes it less confusing to people who aren’t familiar with space history. The names Bossart and Muos hold significance to Atlas and Atlas V individually, and it wouldn’t make sense to call Atlas Muos or Atlas V Bossart.

Posted (edited)

@Zorg, having a great time with the new Atlas parts! One question so far... the Atlas SCORE doesn't seem to have any attitude control once the engine cuts off, i.e. no reaction wheels. Is this intentional? I fly it to orbit using the classic Mechjeb profile and it will not maneuver to the node necessary to complete the burn to orbit. I added a set of reaction wheels and it works great.

Also, how difficult would it be to add a nifty little message to display when you click the "Transmit Data" button? Perhaps a shortened version of Eisenhower's speech that it transmitted IRL?

Thanks.

Edited by DaveyJ576

2 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

@Zorg, having a great time with the new Atlas parts! One question so far... the Atlas SCORE doesn't seem to have any attitude control once the engine cuts off, i.e. no reaction wheels. Is this intentional? I fly it to orbit using the classic Mechjeb profile and it will not maneuver to the node necessary to complete the burn to orbit. I added a set of reaction wheels and it works great.

Also, how difficult would it be to add a nifty little message to display when you click the "Transmit Data" button? Perhaps a shortened version of Eisenhower's speech that it transmitted IRL?

Thanks.

i'll take a closer look at what kind of instrumentation was on the SCORE nose and the rocket avionics pods. Might need a small reaction wheel in the nose cone regardless just for gameplays sake though.

Im not particularly keen on yet another custom experiment for something so basic but I'll see if there is an option for a custom UI option for transmission.

12 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Btw, it seems Rescale has stopped working for whatever reason, so now I'm stuck in Stock scale... If anyone could help me figure out why, that would be greatly appreciated!

Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/nr2qg8m6trcl8ihiyjpfq/h?rlkey=xoa5s9gnl8kkikmpl5cg2bjow&st=xv4lu8vw&dl=0

That's certainly one of the biggest log files I've seen in a while, I recommend zipping them, it makes them a ton smaller to download lol

The log is almost entirely kopernicus errors though, I'd try reinstalling that (and dependencies) to start with.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Rodger said:

That's certainly one of the biggest log files I've seen in a while, I recommend zipping them, it makes them a ton smaller to download lol

The log is almost entirely kopernicus errors though, I'd try reinstalling that (and dependencies) to start with.

Yeah, a little larger. I'll zip it next time.

And I did reinstall it. 

Edited by GoldForest

On 5/1/2024 at 5:04 AM, Taco Salad said:

OHHH you're talking about the Saturn V-B. I thought you meant there was a stage and a half version of the Saturn 1 that someone came up with.

Saturn V-B's stage is S-1D, I think that was just a type-o by Entr8899

14 hours ago, Pudgemountain said:

I hadn't been posting much LV pictures in awhile, for some reason the first launch after loading it lags until I detatch the SRBs. After that and later launches with the same SRBs its fine.

This is a common issue with effects turned to high with SRBs not using Waterfall for SRBs...  most of the particles (that are each individually tracked and math done on by your CPU/GPU combo) are gone with Waterfall SRB effects.  

https://spacedock.info/mod/3051/Solid Rockets Waterfall Effects

this has improved my frame by frame performance and really improves it with LARGE DIAMETER SRMs.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

This is a common issue with effects turned to high with SRBs not using Waterfall for SRBs...  most of the particles (that are each individually tracked and math done on by your CPU/GPU combo) are gone with Waterfall SRB effects.  

https://spacedock.info/mod/3051/Solid Rockets Waterfall Effects

this has improved my frame by frame performance and really improves it with LARGE DIAMETER SRMs.

Thanks, I thought I downloaded it already, guess I forgot lol. Would also explain why they were silent lol.

Edited by Pudgemountain

5 hours ago, Zorg said:

i'll take a closer look at what kind of instrumentation was on the SCORE nose and the rocket avionics pods. Might need a small reaction wheel in the nose cone regardless just for gameplays sake though.

Im not particularly keen on yet another custom experiment for something so basic but I'll see if there is an option for a custom UI option for transmission.

Thanks! Don’t sweat the message thing. If it is a pain don’t bother. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Rodger said:

Reinstalled Rescale and all dependencies, still not working.

Edit: So, I figured it out. It was KSP's fault. KSP had a corrupt file or something. Reinstalled KSP's core files and it works again. 

Edited by GoldForest

Posted (edited)

RfyPC6W.png

Decided to do X-15 - Atlas LV-3B now that 2.5x scale is working again.

Got to a 151 km x 148 km orbit, equatorial. Not a lot of fuel left though... enough to deorbit though. 

Edited by GoldForest

This has probably been mentioned before but the new RD-180 is not compatible with atlas 5 right? Or is there a separate skirt that i cannot find. Will atlas 5 be redone?

2 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

This has probably been mentioned before but the new RD-180 is not compatible with atlas 5 right? Or is there a separate skirt that i cannot find. Will atlas 5 be redone?

ATM, no, RD-180 is not compatible with Atlas V. You will still need to use the old Atlas V RD-180 for now.