[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 9/6/2023 at 1:29 PM, Ganyymeede said:

I have made some truly terrifying rockets with this beautiful mod. I love this mod.

EDmrWjM.pngwmgz7Ns.pngUXmzhRa.pngCtSvSoG.pngiSroRzB.pngjUsIiSd.pngr9oiJl1.pngsbawy3M.pngey73GSK.png

All of these use parts from this mod only. I just can't get over how good these parts are.

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Launched Mercury Lab atop a Saturn I Block I. Cursed, I know.

I got a weird glitch where the retros wouldn't fire at all, even with full fuel. Decided to do a N9 Gaming tactic until I got bored with it and just opened the RCS translation toggles and turned everything on so I could just use the sideways translation to deorbit. 

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

lMAMGCT.png

l5GYDp7.png

SNLUi42.png

r6YfUfX.png

ikuj1qF.png

vBRv7wc.png

This is going to become an official build challenge at this rate.

Just now, space_otter said:

Probably The most cursed rocket ever: Gemini, Centaur II (but with RD-39 engine) and Ariane 4... Don't have pics, but you should be thankful for that...

Gemini-Centaur isn't that cursed. That was actually almost a reality that put the Saturn program in trouble before it began. Lunar Gemini would have used Centaur. 

Now, launching it all on top of an Ariane 4? Yeah... that's cursed, but I wouldn't say the most cursed. I'd say the most cursed rocket I've seen is Saturn-Able. Yes, someone built it... there are pics somewhere in this thread.

Just now, Blufor878 said:

This is going to become an official build challenge at this rate.

Oh no.... Should I be scared to see what comes from you in the next few days? :P

5 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Where do those rounded solar panels come from?

I am not certain but those look like ones from one of Nertea's mods  Likely Near Future Solar...

Which to my mind is the most important of all the mods by Nertea! (well maybe not as important as Waterfall now a days :D)

Edited by Pappystein

Are we still looking for totally credible and financially viable ways of getting the Mercury-Lab into orbit?....

X3UP6gq.jpg

... Yes, it works. Yes, it costs ten times as much as a Mercury-Atlas to put Jeb into space for two days and forget that he's a pilot who knows nothing of science. No, we aren't going to stop launching them.

1 hour ago, Queen Ultima said:

Are we still looking for totally credible and financially viable ways of getting the Mercury-Lab into orbit?....

X3UP6gq.jpg

... Yes, it works. Yes, it costs ten times as much as a Mercury-Atlas to put Jeb into space for two days and forget that he's a pilot who knows nothing of science. No, we aren't going to stop launching them.

Benjee's old Redirect mod? Why not Oranges and Photon?

3 minutes ago, Queen Ultima said:

Honestly, I haven't kept up with KSP for a while and didn't know of their existence! Downloaded now, thank you!

Ah, understandable. Lot of people take breaks from KSP, some for years.

Also, Oranges has shuttle-C in it now, so you won't have to kitbash. Nice job on the kitbash btw, doing that must have been the hardest part. 

On 9/9/2023 at 1:10 AM, Pappystein said:

I am not certain but those look like ones from one of Nertea's mods  Likely Near Future Solar...

Which to my mind is the most important of all the mods by Nertea! (well maybe not as important as Waterfall now a days :D)

Oh yeah, I have them installed actually, I didn't think it was them cause they seemed to look different.

18 hours ago, Queen Ultima said:

X3UP6gq.jpg

Overkill: definition :D:D:D

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

Speaking of shuttles, @CobaltWolf@ZorgIs there any possibility you would consider making a Shuttle-style boattail with a sunken node for the XLR-129?

Um no I dont think I have the time or motivation to do that. I *would* like to do the actual SSME candidate version which was a fair bit bigger and does have a boattail mount type thing. But not sure when (plus I dont have good refs as the layout is a bit different but its a maybe for someday).

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690553577524953158/1150427551123132446/RG009_C01_F04_19670000_SSMEmockup.jpg

Edited by Zorg