Shower thoughts

p1t1o

11 hours ago, Maria Sirona said:

Who names a space battleship Michael!? Is it a comedy book?

It was actually named Michael in reference to the Archangel Michael, who in the Christian tradition led the war that cast Lucifer out of Heaven. In the context of the book, it was very apropos.

Edited by TheSaint

3 hours ago, Maria Sirona said:

Ah, thank you for answering

In short Earth was invaded by one generation ship by an alien species who was kind of an small elephant with and branched trunk back in the 1970's. 
They was more advanced in space technology. 
Having something who could get into an high orbit and hit the generation ship was one of the few ways to win. 
So an Orion battleship. 
Now I disagree with that term as an battleship is around 35.000 ton before WW 2. Battleships coming into service during WW 2 was heavier. So something weighting couple of thousand tons are not an battleship. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was just doing homework on a regular school day when I started thinking: is Pokemon ethical?

I mean, if you think about it, it's literally humans capturing wild, exotic, creatures, and forcing them to fight each other for sport. Sure, the Pokemon and the trainers love each other like how a human loves his pet, and vice versa, but usually you don't, say, meet up with your friend and get your dogs to fight each other.

Is this reasonable? Or am I just thinking about it too hard?

Edited by TwoCalories

6 hours ago, TwoCalories said:

I was just doing homework on a regular school day when I started thinking: is Pokemon ethical?

I mean, if you think about it, it's literally humans capturing wild, exotic, creatures, and forcing them to fight each other for sport. Sure, the Pokemon and the trainers love each other like how a human loves his pet, and vice versa, but usually you don't, say, meet up with your friend and get your dogs to fight each other.

I think you’re right.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars was basically a children’s TV show with a 14 year old fighting in a glorified war, so perhaps unethical things in children’s media is more common than we realize.

16 minutes ago, SunlitZelkova said:

I think you’re right.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars was basically a children’s TV show with a 14 year old fighting in a glorified war, so perhaps unethical things in children’s media is more common than we realize.

Oh man... The Clone Wars is the most non-kids show kids show. It quite literally turned the Geneva Convention into the Geneva To-Do List.

That show was amazing. It shined a new light on the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise the clone troopers, as well as how the war caused so much suffering beyond what we've seen in the original movies.

On 10/8/2023 at 4:52 AM, TwoCalories said:

You are not thinking about it too hard. You have just shown your maturity in becoming aware of one of the many morally sus things that happen in so many things aimed at children. Trouble is that now you have become aware, you are going to keep on noticing more and more things you used to think of as harmless, as not being so.

On 10/7/2023 at 8:52 PM, TwoCalories said:

The nature of the pokemons is demonical.

By capturing them and forcing to fight against it other, you are helping to hold them under control.
You can't harm them, as you can see, nobody is harmed.

On the other hand, the very habit of possessing seemingly-sapient beings and forcing them to do something on your choice, is leading to your own inner nature demonization.

So, the Pokemon game is a secret weapon of Slaanesh.

Edited by kerbiloid

• 2 weeks later...

It's a limbo, and Rick is a daemonic entity, sent there to torture them all with shaming and whinning.

Those, who has been suffering enough, get released by a headshot.

P.S.
Interesting fact. No reviewers remind the scene from the s02 beginning, on the farm, where Maggy's blond sister (can't recall her name, but she was rightfully shot later in hospital, for unmotivated attack with scissors) is preparing hens for the locked zombies in the barn, by breaking their (hens') legs.

A compensatory psychichal overload amnesia, probably.

it occurred to me that i cant twist two wires together without humming the a-team theme song. 

19 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

My dad and sister are watching The Walking Dead and I found it very disturbing, but then it was a little less scary once I realized Rick probably died in the car accident, and the zombie world is Hell.

the early seasons of the walking dead were pretty good, but then it just became an endless slog of head stabs and soap opera plots. 

People with short arms have an advantage in arm wrestling, the shorter arm acts as a shorter lever which favors strength rather than distance.

On 10/10/2023 at 7:21 PM, Superfluous J said:

3407c42f7876611d40d94e8cbc6a758d098f89fe

Peta in a nutshell?

16 hours ago, Ryaja said:

People with short arms have an advantage in arm wrestling, the shorter arm acts as a shorter lever which favors strength rather than distance.

Peta in a nutshell?

Disagree, they would wait until she passed out the door. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_heart

220px-Amore_carmen_fiano.jpg

Spoiler

The heart.
250px-Heart_anterior_exterior_view.png

The kidneys.
Kidneys.jpeg

The pelvis.
250px-Gray241.png250px-Gray242.png

So, actually 220px-Amore_carmen_fiano.jpg means:

1. "Two kidneys make a heart."

2. "I like your pelvis."

Other examples:

220px-Two_friends_forming_a_heart_hand_(

"Two kidneys are enough for two hearts. We have sold two others and bought a wardrobe."

220px-180303_%EC%B8%84_&_%EA%B3%A0%EC%9B

"I'll spit on your heart abd eat your kidneys!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finger_heart
170px-Finger_heart.png

Spoiler

The heart.
250px-Heart_anterior_exterior_view.png

The DNA molecule.
272px-DNA_simple2.svg.png
The chromosomes.
_20220713_on_ycells_ss2480329.jpg

So, actually 170px-Finger_heart.png means:

1. "I like your DNA."

2. "I have the Y-chromosome. Do you?"

220px-Mio_Kudo_Twitter_Fingerheart.jpg

"Let's merge our paternal breed lines!"

• 2 weeks later...

A Pol refinery/rescue outpost -- for distressed ships entering the Jolian system?

AP: 210Mm
PE: 149Mm
INC: 4.25d
PER: 42d

The only disadvantage I see is that rendez-vous times might tend extreme.

I know that the right answer is to "just get it right[tm]", but: what to do with all those miss-putts...?

Spoiler

The way this occurred is by happenstance.  An ancient relay pod in a 174-degree incline.  (ouch).  And then an Atlas III super-refiner (still with +3 km/s dV) but in a perfect orbit to just cop-out and intercept Pol...  OK, then.  All right.  Let's just do it...

What is illuminating is that I had never contemplated any use at all for Pol and Bop.  (Lower on the scale than Dres, if that's possible!)

Edited by Hotel26