KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Just now, KSACheese said:

We have new 3.75 (LG) and 5 (XL) meter docking ports and radial decouplers.

The swept decouplers aren't new. They were in KSP 1 under aero (or structural, I can't remember) and their use as decouplers was advertised as a backup feature by the flavour text than a primary use. Not Squad's best decision. Still, nice to see Intercept actually recognise these parts as decouplers and not hide them from the other decouplers.

1 minute ago, Bej Kerman said:

The swept decouplers aren't new.

I was referring to the new LG and XL radial decouplers :))

edit: just realized that the LG one is likely not new, but the XL definitely is

Edited by KSACheese
am dumb

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

Now that I've somewhat regained my composure, I noticed this at the top left of the VAB interface:

Hsc4S8v.png

Obviously we already knew about colony VABs, but it's nice to see that the groundwork for that may already be here.

I like that the game is conveying this information in the form of a file structure. Most adults and children know how files work, so this should serve to make navigating colonies easier.

Oh? Alright, the LG decoupler was also in KSP 1. Hydraulic manifold something I think. As for the XL one, that is not familiar to me.

22 hours ago, mcpattyp said:

Is it known what exact time KSP2 will release on the 24th?

They just announced.  ;)

18 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

So, when is it releasing? We made this nifty map that shows the UTC release timing. Kerbal Space Program 2 will be releasing globally at 6AM Pacific Time.

KSP2_ReleaseTimeline_V6 (1).png

Going over the video with focus on the VAB, 3.75 meter docking ports, 3.75 meter cargo bay, looks like some sort 3.75 meter equipment bay, is it the part below the cargo bay? It look more like an reaction wheel or some tanks. Also probe cores in larger sizes, not sure how useful that is with equipment bays unless they doubles as strong reaction wheels. 

1 minute ago, KSACheese said:

edit: just realized that the LG one is likely not new, but the XL definitely is

No you were right the first time.

The old Large size is now being called medium. So the medium one is the old Sr docking port. And there are two sizes larger.

At 0:50 there's an interesting "parts manager" sidebar.  This looks like a very handy editor for parts on your assembly!  Also, we knew about simultaneous assemblies in the VAB, but the ridiculous amount at 0:53 is amazing!

Wait, look at 0:53 at the right-most rocket.  That symmetry is way more than x8. :o

3 minutes ago, SolarAdmiral said:

No you were right the first time.

The old Large size is now being called medium. So the medium one is the old Sr docking port. And there are two sizes larger.

Extra small is less than 1.25 meter, small is 1.25 meter, medium is 2.5 meter, large is 3.75, XL I assume is 5, now for 2XL I guess this is 7.5 meter as 6.25 meter is a bit stupid and 3XL would be 10 meter and larger.

Also of note: no modular wing segments from KSP 1 made it into KSP 2, so procedural wings are necessary for aircrafts :D

There's three sizes of wing as well, perhaps that means size limits, or maybe like the KSP 1 mod some of them function much differently to the others. One of them might be a full-rotation wing.

Hide contents

image.png

Here's another screenshot. My main focus is that (seemingly) new engine on the bottom, as well as the scrollbar still having a pretty good amount of space. So, we're probably in for a few more new engines.

Guessing that the engine section also includes SRBs. And Ion, Nuclear, Monoprop thrusters, etc

Here's another screenshot. My main focus is that (seemingly) new engine on the bottom, as well as the scrollbar still having a pretty good amount of space. So, we're probably in for a few more new engines.

I believe that new engine is the Labradoodle, the new 3.75m equivalent to the Poodle and Terrier. We'll probably have other sections for pure jet engines, xenon engines, nuclear thermal rockets, SRBs, and maybe, just maybe, an Orion or two.

25 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

Your clock says it releases at noon in Austin - it's gonna be at 8am according to the chart. (And Hi from Hutto! Go Hippos!)

24 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

@GoldForest will need to update the link in their signature!

There's no official time. 

Discord isn't official, mods just put it at 8AM because it's a "Happy medium." between 4 am (Rumored launch time) and 12 pm (usual launch time for game releases.). 

(And I chose Austin because it's the only major city I know inside the CST timezone)

Edit: I just NOW noticed the timezone map, apologizes. 

Edited by GoldForest