KSP2 Hype Train Thread

17 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

My countdown started saying 1. Meaning when I wake up, it will be 1 and a couple of hours.

And then of course there is the time of day that it will launch to consider. 

Or do we know that?

at this moment Steam says 1 day and 14 hours

Not sure if that is accurate either

Edited by DwightLee

2 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Hmmmm, if the rocket is complete, what can they add on T-1?

FplhE9CXEAYgUcu?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I didn't notice that those are Saturn-style clamps. Purdy.

Tomorrow is probably "and here are 6 LRBs for your Mun mission" :P

Edited by bigyihsuan

I am VERY encouraged after watching EJ_SA VODs video. What a unique situation and a flood of information ( we will be getting more today with the interview videos ).

Basically optimization has not been done except as a bare minimum so far, they expect the minimum specs to change lower during early access. As that and squashing bugs is the primary focus right now.

All the advanced features, science, colonization, resource gathering, interstellar, multiplayer are already in the game, just not activated in early access yet. The reason is basic bug smashing and optimization for the core first, and then release each step by step to do the same for each of them. They may need some polish still but the core is already there.

People we know and trust, Matt, Scott, Tim, EJ and others have basically volunteered to be primary play testers for free to play test the crap out of KSP 2 and have direct lines to the developers on issues. I have beta tested literally dozens of games and never have I seen a situation quite like this. The play testers include streamers that we know and trust.

KSP 2 has never had mass play testing, there was no way to do serious optimization, that is what Early access is for.  

I was optimistic before, but now I am quite confidant that KSP 2 will end up becoming the game I have always hoped it would be.

21 minutes ago, jacksawild said:

Is it tomorrow yet?

27 hours now, and we expect a flood of information today so there will be lots to talk about.

It will pass like a dream

5 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

All the advanced features, science, colonization, resource gathering, interstellar, multiplayer are already in the game, just not activated in early access yet. The reason is basic bug smashing and optimization for the core first, and then release each step by step to do the same for each of them. They may need some polish still but the core is already there.

It's pretty much what's been told in the feature video 6, few months ago.

8 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

It's pretty much what's been told in the feature video 6, few months ago.

Yes... and how quickly people forget. 

It was just nice to hear about it from someone that was at the event and in direct communication with the Devs.

I suppose the nay sayers are starting to get on my nerves LOL

Edited by DwightLee

28 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

People we know and trust, Matt, Scott, Tim, EJ and others have basically volunteered to be primary play testers for free to play test the crap out of KSP 2 and have direct lines to the developers on issues. I have beta tested literally dozens of games and never have I seen a situation quite like this. The play testers include streamers that we know and trust.

To me they its more like they were flown in to give us the first glimpse of KSP2 and the state its in, they weren't needed to play test KSP2, Intercept knows perfectly fine in what condition it's in, now we know as well. My opinion is they've been flown in to manage expectations. We've gotten perfectly honest opinions from them and have a new baseline of what we can expect tomorrow. 

Yes, but at the same time they may have caught some issues that never popped up during internal testing, but were severe enough to be placed high on priority list before tomorrow. 

Having two dozens or so more people will speed up bug hunting, even if they only had 2 hours. Devs got full recordings and game logs which they could use to track down new problems.

And after tomorrow, thousands more people hop in.