KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Just now, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Guys... dèep breathing time.

For most of you still running standard HD monitors (meaning 1080p) a minimum spec machine will be fine.

Those of us rocking 32 inch 4k/144hz monitors need the highest gpu we can ('t) afford. 

What about those of us with only Intel UHD 620s?  Do you have any words of encouragement for us Joe?  Because I'm not breathing deep right now.

Just now, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

But it should have caught our attention that the ESA event had computers with 4090s installed... and we all glossed over that fact!

I doubt that was glossed over by most. It would be more surprising if for such an event, with YT'ers who usually run top-of--the-line hardware, PC's with modest specs where used. That'd be like a car dealer filling the showroom with bare-bones, no-extras base models. Representative? Likely. Making the best impression? Certainly not. That's why no one does that.

5 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

But it should have caught our attention that the ESA event had computers with 4090s installed... and we all glossed over that fact!

"sees the newest and greatest gpus on lent computers for a special event, sees that a gaming pc builder has supported this and lent them the computers for free publicity."

oh yeah we should worry? like no, we shouldn't need to even remotely think or correlate a gaming pc building company lending 4090's to people for an event, to be factual "need" to have, more to show overkill pc's..

not what is going to be slightly above "recommended" pc's specs.. it wasn't glossed over, it was we weren't expecting this bad

we heard mid range... this isn't mid range specs for recommended, nor minimal, this is upper high end... with the 3080 really being the upmost of the high end, with the 4000 being top end.. the rtx 2060 i would say would still be a higher end pc...

not mid range, or in the "minimal requirements" area

Edited by Stephensan

3 hours ago, Stephensan said:

KSP2-SPECS-v7-FINAL-Poppe_Version-3-plsl

WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM!? Crysis 1 looked better and it can run on modern systems! Are they enforcing 4k textures or some bull? Holy cow! That's so much bloody power for so little payoff!

Edited by Missingno200
First:Don't censor me, let me censor myself. Second:Better censorship is required if you're going to enforce that on me.

I thought about leaving this place for a longer while even yesterday but I managed. With this bickering about requirements in like 3 different places, I guess I'll leave after all. I can fuel the hype train for myself, thank you.

Just now, The Aziz said:

I thought about leaving this place for a longer while even yesterday but I managed. With this bickering about requirements in like 3 different places, I guess I'll leave after all. I can fuel the hype train for myself, thank you.

Oh, come on! The game is alive and kicking! I love the energy!

2 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

It is not clear just for which crafts the minimum and recommended settings. One part, ten parts? One hundred parts? Or is it just the main menu?

If you want to build interstellar and big colonies with a lot of transports coming and going.. you'll need a lot of GPU. There's no point in asking for a minimum that only works with a 300 part craft. We all have to think BIGGER! KSP2 will have a lot of rockets on-screen and colonies in the near future. This is the price we have to pay for a multiplayer universe.

Edited by Vl3d

5 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

oh it is still hype, but the utterness of hearing nate saying that they are targeting mid range pc, for them to then go to minimum settings a rtx 2060... that is just the opposite of mid range, that is still in the high end for the entire community. heck it the gaming community.

even seeing steam charts the gtx 1650 would be considered a mid range by steam charts. 

midrange for them must mean, mid range parts of 2022/2023 new.

not what really mid range means for the gaming community.

18 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

oh it is still hype, but the utterness of hearing nate saying that they are targeting mid range pc, for them to then go to minimum settings a rtx 2060... that is just the opposite of mid range, that is still in the high end for the entire community. heck it the gaming community.

Shades of "No Man's Sky"? (we'll see, that game pulled itself out of the fire...)

Really interesting seeing "disk space" listed... haven't seen "options" like that in years. (evil snicker on the inside)

Edited by saxappeal89129

17 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:
JoeSchmuckatelli said: But it should have caught our attention that the ESA event had computers with 4090s installed... and we all glossed over that fact!

*Cough cough

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'They called me a madman'

I was actually the first person to post about that. :D

Edited by Vl3d