Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released in 2022 [Discussion Thread]

Arco123

hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

If they spent even 5 seconds doing an April Fool's joke we'd have to deal with 3 weeks of posts about how they should have been working on KSP2 and not April Fool's jokes, and if they had time for a joke then why not a reveal instead?  lol.  No time for fun! 

7 minutes ago, darthgently said:

If they spent even 5 seconds doing an April Fool's joke we'd have to deal with 3 weeks of posts about how they should have been working on KSP2 and not April Fool's jokes, and if they had time for a joke then why not a reveal instead?  lol.  No time for fun! 

I fail to see what you're getting at.

11 hours ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

What if they did an April fool’s joke and said it was going to release tomorrow?

The best joke would be to announce a release date and actually stick to it!

Edited by Vl3d
fix repetitive wording

Knowing what everyone thinks statistically is cool.

The poll is multiple choice, if you think it's releasing within a range, select the months for that range, please keep it 3 months or less.

unfortunately i have to say, after so much time and so little information, i hardly believe in a release anymore.
I'm disappointed and I would have paid for the game before it was released, but now I have no faith in a product that works, if it ever comes out.
it was announced for spring 2020, corona or not (please stay healthy), for my part there is not enough. remember, there were pre-alpha pictures early on.
I continue to hope for a good and stable product, but when I think of other products with a similar frequency of content, unfortunately reality catches up with me.

Please correct me if I'm missing something or you see reasons for a different opinion.
Edited by DerZerschneider

@DerZerschneideryou are acting like we haven’t gotten any news since  when the game got delayed to 2022. If the game was really never going to release, don’t you think all the staff working for the game would leave to work on other projects that would make them more money? Also, you said you  “think of other products with a similar frequency of content”, but many games are in development for 5+ years, just you don’t know it’s happening. KSP2 was announced rather early in the development process (which is a good thing), giving the illusion that the game would be released sooner rather than later in the 5+ years timespan. 

Edited by Zozaf Kerman

17 minutes ago, DerZerschneider said:

Please correct me if I'm missing something or you see reasons for a different opinion.

Since you asked, it is my opinion that you are missing a perfect knowledge of the future, which we all are missing.  It is a complex project and even the devs can't say for certain exactly what will be delivered and when; not perfectly.   The only correction I'd offer is that coming to conclusions without adequate information is more of an emotional than rational activity.  The bottom line is it is just a game.  A potentially excellent game, but we have KSP1 in the meantime.  And even if KSP2 never comes out (which there is tremendous reason to doubt this will be the case) there are far more important aspects to life than a game.  So, worst case, you still have your life before you and still have KSP1 and a great community.  Best case, yay, KSP2 is great and released in 2022.  And you still have your life before you

Edited by darthgently

23 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

@DerZerschneideryou are acting like we haven’t gotten any news since  when the game got delayed to 2022. If the game was really never going to release, don’t you think all the staff working for the game would leave to work on other projects that would make them more money? Also, you said you  “think of other products with a similar frequency of content”, but many games are in development for 5+ years, just you don’t know it’s happening. KSP2 was announced rather early in the development process (which is a good thing), giving the illusion that the game would be released sooner rather than later in the 5+ years timespan. 

I'm sorry to say this, but the game was announced with: "spring 2020 release" So that was 2 years ago and unfortunately there is very little content. Please don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if I'm wrong. I love KSP, but the argument: "otherwise nobody would work on it" dont calms me down a bit. The fact that other games are produced for 5 years and longer is also a difficult argument. I don't think it's a bad thing when people say we need 3 more years, but then, in my opinion, it should be communicated. I've felt like I've been stalled for a long time. It's not going against anyone personally, at any point, I think that the community/team (what I've seen of it) are great and believe that everyone is fully committed, but it doesn't help me, when i cant no longer trust the finshed product.

Edited by DerZerschneider

19 minutes ago, DerZerschneider said:
32 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

I'm sorry to say this, but the game was announced with: "spring 2020 release" So that was 2 years ago and unfortunately there is very little content. Please don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if I'm wrong. I love KSP, but the argument: "otherwise nobody would work on it" dont calms me down a bit. The fact that other games are produced for 5 years and longer is also a difficult argument. I don't think it's a bad thing when people say we need 3 more years, but then, in my opinion, it should be communicated. I've felt like I've been stalled for a long time. It's not going against anyone personally, at any point, I think that the community/team (what I've seen of it) are great and believe that everyone is fully committed, but it doesn't help me, when i cant no longer trust the finshed product.

You're being paranoid. KSP 2 is fine. What was announced several years ago is irrelevant as the game's scope has increased.

55 minutes ago, DerZerschneider said:

Yeah buddy. It's never going to ever release. We're never going to hear from Nate Simpson ever again.

1 hour ago, DerZerschneider said:

the game was announced with: "spring 2020 release" So that was 2 years ago and unfortunately there is very little content

I feel your pain @DerZerschneider . There are so many unknowns and KSP2 has such great potential. It's hard to keep hope alive without any signs from above. But Jeb will return. Believe! Some day soon the marketing budget will get approved!

It's all cool, people are free to express their concerns here. One thing you might want to remember, though, is that several members of the community, including Scott Manley and @Snark, have actually seen the game running. Since the original announcement, more features have been added. As Bej says, the scope has increased.

You're not paranoid though, @DerZerschneider - large projects by bigger companies have failed in the past, and if the delay concerns you, you are completely within your rights to restrain your optimism. Being optimistic or pessimistic won't change the outcome, but the team currently working on KSP are passionate about what they are doing - that's a rare benefit to any project, so I can't imagine it not making it all the way to release. 

2 hours ago, DerZerschneider said:

I don't think it's a bad thing when people say we need 3 more years, but then, in my opinion, it should be communicated.

There was a blackout in information, during the early pandemic, the stay at home orders and the change in development studio that happened all at the same time, but that was 2 years ago, It was comunicated, this topic you're replying to, is the announcement of the delay to 2022 and is from November 2020.

They were indeed a bit late in announcing the 2022 delay, but that was more than a year and an half ago.

5 hours ago, DerZerschneider said:

So that was 2 years ago and unfortunately there is very little content.

Um. Have you seen the differences in content from 2020 (initial planned year of release) and today?

The Mun and terrain quality then

Spoiler

qWwYxFN.png

ksp2.jpg

And now

Spoiler

CfdOHym.png

ti1unXX.png

We keep geting more and more info as time goes by, and lemme tell ya - what was presented back in 2020 looked like something from 2012. What we have now looks up to date. 2020 version of this game would be KSP1 on steroids. Now it looks like proper sequel. I'm actually glad it got delayed, and so far everything seems like devs are on track for on time release somewhen later this year. Even if we don't know everything, why should we? Surprises and discoveries are part of space exploration.

8 hours ago, DerZerschneider said:
unfortunately i have to say, after so much time and so little information, i hardly believe in a release anymore.
I'm disappointed and I would have paid for the game before it was released, but now I have no faith in a product that works, if it ever comes out.
it was announced for spring 2020, corona or not (please stay healthy), for my part there is not enough. remember, there were pre-alpha pictures early on.
I continue to hope for a good and stable product, but when I think of other products with a similar frequency of content, unfortunately reality catches up with me.

Would a new feature video released within the next month or so that’s about colonies or multiplayer give you some faith in the game being released?