A week in... 10% still playing

JoeSchmuckatelli

22 minutes ago, cocoscacao said:

Technically, that would be still correct. Several weeks, rather than several months. I don't know if 1,25 months counts as a plural :P

I know, maybe I'm being petty. But its now gone into the word "months".

'1.25 months'
'the last update was over a month ago'

17 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

5 weeks is still "weeks"

Technically yes, but most people would say its over a month ago. Could also say its 0.096 years :joy:

I just expected sooner updates, 2-4 weeks.
Maybe I'll be wrong and there will be an update sooner

Edited by Tazooka

On 3/2/2023 at 10:50 PM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

https://steamdb.info/app/954850/charts/

Not that SteamDB is the end all be all of good info - but I do think it is telling that the numbers have dropped so precipitously. 

Virtually zero interaction from the Community Management team, no word on a patch and the rare possibility from pure guesswork that Friday might be a day to expect something... But maybe not. 

Perhaps the numbers tick up on the weekend, perhaps they jump after news of a patch comes out.

Or maybe they drop the price by 50% (looking at you, Mexico) in hopes of getting new players into the pay for Alpha experience. 

The press on this, the word of mouth is terrible... And yet we die-hard fans are still here, still hoping. 

Maybe that is why the CM team seems so unengaged.  

Useless. 

Im not sure what to say other than at least the company has our money no matter how much we play it, so they'll still improve on it whether there are 20,000 people playing or 20.

35 minutes ago, Tazooka said:

Could also say its 0.096 years :joy:

or ~9x10^-4 millenia. Damn...

I guess they'll try to wrap up as many connected things as they can in a single patch, so maybe the time between them can vary?

9 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

March 16 wasn't a month ago.

Month ≠ 4 weeks and 4 weeks pass on 13th.

Unfortunately, per Nate's last communique, the next patch will drop somewhere between April 7 and April 14.  And as they have been eerily silent since the AMA, even April 14 isn't looking like it will happen.  So unless we get a patch in the next 8 days, it will bleed into being longer than a month.

With that said, I am still playing the game.  But I am also using the buggy opportunity to learn how to mod the game.  I am no C# coder, but seeing the bugs and comparing the current state to KSP1 is giving me the chance to try coding mods to make the gameplay better.  It shouldn't be this way, and the devs should have given a better product.  But lemonade from lemons.

Just now, Scarecrow71 said:

And as they have been eerily silent since the AMA, even April 14 isn't looking like it will happen.  So unless we get a patch in the next 8 days, it will bleed into being longer than a month

Patch 1 date was announced 5 days before it arrived. You guys are starting to get paranoid here. "Somewhere in the next 2 weeks" said on 31st, includes everything up to 14th, and we're long way from that. It's only 6th and there's Easter break coming up, let's not forget that.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Patch 1 date was announced 5 days before it arrived. You guys are starting to get paranoid here. "Somewhere in the next 2 weeks" said on 31st, includes everything up to 14th, and we're long way from that. It's only 6th and there's Easter break coming up, let's not forget that.

I'm not paranoid about getting a patch; we'll get one when it drops.  I was simply providing the math behind your statement about when a month hits, and then commenting about how the devs have been silent so it is appearing less likely that we'll get one by the 14th.  I wasn't trying to sound paranoid, but if I did, that's on me and my inability to communicate effectively.  :)

5 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Im not sure what to say other than at least the company has our money no matter how much we play it, so they'll still improve on it whether there are 20,000 people playing or 20.

That's not how it works.  Companies keep working on games based on expectations that additional development costs will result in revenue from future sales, not based on past revenue.  Basically the whole point is to get more money than was spent developing it.  

12 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I was simply providing the math behind your statement about when a month hits, and then commenting about how the devs have been silent so it is appearing less likely that we'll get one by the 14th.

But the context around that math is the somewhat ridiculous position that if they ever release two updates 29 days apart THEY LIED TO US AND WE HATESES THEM FOR IT.

If they release updates every 3 weeks, every 6 weeks, every 8 weeks, who cares? You'll get it when you get it go play something else in the meantime. I don't care at what exact point a set of weeks becomes 1.00001 months, when a human speaks and says "weeks, not months" then give them a tiny bit of leeway before you decide the whole thing is kaput and they lied to us.

(that 2nd paragraph is not directed at you, scarecrow)

Well I was hoping for a patch today but alas I guess not.

Oh, well. I’ve been playing The Planet Crater ($20 on Steam, also an EA title) and it’s quite delightful. A very, very satisfying explore/build/craft/survive type game.  I picked it up on sale for $16 a few weeks ago at the suggestion of a friend. I like it so much I gifted a copy to another friend, and a third friend has since gotten hooked on it. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a good little science fiction game to scratch their space -related game itch while we wait for another KSP2 patch.

13 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

But the context around that math is the somewhat ridiculous position that if they ever release two updates 29 days apart THEY LIED TO US AND WE HATESES THEM FOR IT.

Yeah, that's on me for not clarifying the context around my comments.  Simply put, Nate told us a week ago that the next patch would be 1-2 weeks away.  People were talking about the length of time between patches and that it's been months, and I was simply doing the math.  There was no ill will intended in my comments because, frankly, I don't care when the patches drop.  When they drop, they drop.  Complaining about it does nobody any good.

521 max today. Yowch. (Yes, I know about the .exe bypassing the launcher, so has everyone else for over a month). 

That's still pretty rough for a newly released game. These are the kind of numbers I'd expect from some knockoff no-name browser game that like 5k people bought, ever. I guess I'll download Nerteas parts packs freshly in case KSP1 comes under mod assault by T2 post-cancellation of KSP2...

Gotta monetize something to make up for it.

27 minutes ago, TLTay said:

521 max today. Yowch. (Yes, I know about the .exe bypassing the launcher, so has everyone else for over a month). 

That's still pretty rough for a newly released game. These are the kind of numbers I'd expect from some knockoff no-name browser game that like 5k people bought, ever. I guess I'll download Nerteas parts packs freshly in case KSP1 comes under mod assault by T2 post-cancellation of KSP2...

Gotta monetize something to make up for it.

Seeing as KSP1 has over 2500 max for today and the same .exe bypass is used (I use CKAN personally) then the numbers really do start to look terrible for KSP2... The worst part is the blind ignorance to it from the team, saying it's fine and all going to plan doesn't make it so.

I didn't mind the game but I really am not bothered about it at all now, there's no enjoyment there, no fun... What on earth was ready for release 3 years ago? None of this makes sense.

5 hours ago, TickleMyMary said:

What on earth was ready for release 3 years ago? 

Not what you've seen since the earliest footage from 2019/early 2020. The game wouldn't look like today if it was out 3 years ago.