A Taste of Science

Nate Simpson

On 5/14/2023 at 12:07 AM, PDCWolf said:

We know interactable IVAs will be a thing, promised by Nate on his AMA. I'd say IVAs are pretty vital for interactable IVAs. Guess what you need for Interactable IVAs? interiors. They're not cosmetics. Stop grasping at straws.

And that is not vital to the game right now. Please stop fighting anyone it just looks sad.

5 hours ago, cocoscacao said:

Lol :D

How did you capture that last bit? Or is it some footage that already existed?

The footage at the end was just a good ole' fashioned KSP "feature". Had it in the chamber from recording for my "Zero-G" Club.

Edit: You might say the last cut is "That little something..."

Edited by Socraticat

8 hours ago, RocketRockington said:

it seems like they focused on building stuff they could demo/hype instead.

I was actually contemplating going back through the older stuff they showed off, because I seem to remember that things looked better when the game was first announced, and that they were showing off features which are nowhere to be found right now. Almost feels like they started over from scratch after the delay, because 2-3 years in, I'd expect a new game to be in the state it is in right now (with a lot of the basics not yet being fully done). But that's, admittedly, just my uneducated guess. Some games take longer, of course.

9 hours ago, Jaypeg said:

And that is not vital to the game right now. Please stop fighting anyone it just looks sad.

It's not on the game > because it's not vital > but X thing is vital and not on the game > because the game is not done > the game is not done because X is not on the game > because it's not vital

You get the idea, plus just like me, you have zero source on what's vital or not, specially for things not on the roadmap.

2 hours ago, PDCWolf said:

You get the idea, plus just like me, you have zero source on what's vital or not, specially for things not on the roadmap.

The roadmap is a list of stuff that is vital.

It may not be comprehensive, of course, but I bet it's the top items.

13 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

The roadmap is a list of stuff that is vital.

It may not be comprehensive, of course, but I bet it's the top items.

The thing with the roadmap is that it shows you what larger features are coming...but it gives no detail as to what needs to be there for those features to be both complete and playable.  And so this is where the speculation on what is or is not vital comes from.

3 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

but it gives no detail as to what needs to be there

To get this topic back on track somewhat, where the heck will research and development building be? Is it one of those that are already in there? Or will we get something else?

honestly wish we weren’t told that we are getting information this week. I have been feverishly checking Twitter and  the forums only to see nothing new only to find out nothing is going on. I’m starting to lose interest really quick, not going to lie. Other games are being updated and I find that their communication is far better with their fan base. I guess this is my last attempt at being heard before I just move on and come back in a year to see how things are going because at this rate I keep getting excited for nothing. Really wish I returned the game when I could. 

1 hour ago, Nicrose said:

honestly wish we weren’t told that we are getting information this week. I have been feverishly checking Twitter and  the forums only to see nothing new only to find out nothing is going on. I’m starting to lose interest really quick, not going to lie. Other games are being updated and I find that their communication is far better with their fan base. I guess this is my last attempt at being heard before I just move on and come back in a year to see how things are going because at this rate I keep getting excited for nothing. Really wish I returned the game when I could. 

Ummm, it's only Tuesday, before you complain about no info this week, why not wait until the week is over

2 hours ago, Nicrose said:

just move on and come back in a year

That's probably the best option for anyone that isn't happy with the game.  Take some time away, go do something else, enjoy other games, hobbies, books, whatever.  Stop worrying about KSP2.  Come back in a few months or a year and see what's happened.

There will be no change, and you've lost nothing but worrying over it.  Or the game has become an amazing thing and you get the joy and wonder of starting fresh.  Or it's somewhere in between.

But if you dislike the game, why spend all the time and effort to make yourself miserable over something you're not going to be able to change?

12 minutes ago, RocketRockington said:

People are pretty irrational.  Why go to a hospital to visit a relative in a coma?  Just wait, come back in a year, maybe there's no change, maybe they're up and about. 

Why go to a funeral?  The person is dead.  Why praise a game?  That doesn't matter either.  Why play games at all?  They're meaningless.  Such is the futility of existence.

Well, good.  So long as there's no overreacting.  I'm sure my loved ones would be happy to have their comatose or deceased condition compared to a video game not working the way I wanted it to.  :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, RocketRockington said:

Why play games at all?

Because it's fun.  Are you trying to say you are actually getting enjoyment out of coming here and endlessly complaining about the game?

If so, well, I just don't understand that mindset at all.

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, it's only Tuesday, before you complain about no info this week, why not wait until the week is over

Not only that, but we're getting informations every single week. On Fridays, like if that was a surprise <imagine me posting the forbidden Tom Vinita gif>

4 hours ago, RocketRockington said:

And at least with complaining about KSP2, there's SO MUCH variety on offer

Yeah no, everything has been discussed to death already, some things more than once.

As for comparing a game to relatives, man, that was so low level I can't even describe it.

Science Update is not going to be something before months from now, this is what you were speaking about, not the future patch. This is why I said "numerous". If wobbliness is still an issue past this point, well... I'll insist about it once again ^^

22 minutes ago, Dakitess said:

This is why I said "numerous". If wobbliness is still an issue past this point, well...

Misunderstood ya there. I agree that is a valid concern.

Edit:

The wobbly rockets may persist until colonies imho. If they persist after science, that'll be somewhat alarming. But if they persist when colonies arrive... well...

Edited by cocoscacao

1 hour ago, Dakitess said:

Science Update is not going to be something before months from now, this is what you were speaking about, not the future patch. This is why I said "numerous". If wobbliness is still an issue past this point, well... I'll insist about it once again ^^

That is why this game needs a proper bug/feedback site. When the game is patched people can bring those issues up as still being an issue on the next version, and the version after that, and the version after that, and so on until the game is finished or the issue is resolved somehow.

Edited by MechBFP

A number of posts have been removed.

No member other than the moderation team has any right to tell other members what to post or how to post.
Arguing about arguing is both unpleasant and completely off topic.

Please keep to the topic at hand.  Also, it would be really positive to note that there are not simply two polarized points of view on any issue.  There is an entire spectrum.  Folks who disagree with your opinion are not necessarily bad, wrong, evil, lazy or degenerates.

Opinions are not wrong in and of themselves.  And, to be sure, almost everything being argued is simply opinion.  Trying to prove to somebody that their opinion is wrong is not only futile, it is also unpleasant to witness.

Thank you for you understanding,
Forum Moderation Team

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That’s totally fair, I very well could be being impatient but I personally don’t think it’s for no reason. It just feels bad to be told we will have more info a week later about an update that most likely will be another week later. Feels like it’s kicking the can really far down the road. I also suppose I’m a bit more impatient because I haven’t had any other games to play and I stupid spent money on this game thinking it’d be playable in a couple months but I was sorely mistaken. Ultimately it does fall on me though for trusting in a game that shouldn’t have had trust placed in it. I apologize if my original post rubbed you the wrong way 

10 minutes ago, Nicrose said:

I haven’t had any other games to play

Unfortunately that's a "you" problem. Closing yourself on one thing ain't healthy, we need variety. Myself, after playing KSP2 for a bit, I moved to Horizon, as the dlc came out in April, then focused on retrying Subnautica, also playing few other games on and off. Kerbals aren't going anywhere and my unfortunately oversized amount of free time is filled, instead of worrying about the current state or future of a game. Whatever happens, happens. If the worst happens, I'm out there, doing other things anyway.

31 minutes ago, Nicrose said:

I haven’t had any other games to play

Me neither... I went old-school and bought a basketball ball, and I'm shooting hoops for the first time after 15 years. I highly recommend it :cool: