Post on Intercept Games discord

TwoCalories

I'm gonna laugh if it gets all hyped up as new features and it turns out to just be reentry visual effects, but not the thermal system itself. Otherwise, its pretty bold of the team to come forward so early into a patch cycle hyping it up as the one that we'll all be excited about. I do hope that the scope of what to get excited about is shown quickly, because this community is notorious for working its expectations up to the stars, only to be disappointed when that's not reached.

8 minutes ago, chefsbrian said:

I'm gonna laugh if it gets all hyped up as new features and it turns out to just be reentry visual effects, but not the thermal system itself. Otherwise, its pretty bold of the team to come forward so early into a patch cycle hyping it up as the one that we'll all be excited about. I do hope that the scope of what to get excited about is shown quickly, because this community is notorious for working its expectations up to the stars, only to be disappointed when that's not reached.

I think it's best to lean toward caution with regard to this, chance are it might just be new parts and perhaps a significant bug getting locked down.

2 hours ago, chefsbrian said:

iirc they said there's a good chance that re-entry effects could come before the actual mechanic

Small window : )

Just now, KerbolExplorer said:

iirc they said there's a good chance that re-entry effects could come before the actual mechanic

Small window : )

And I'm warning them now, that's going to be an optics disaster. Most people aren't engaged enough with the various developer media to draw a distinction between the two - they'll just see it as incomplete or broken for only having the visual effect, because in normal peoples view, why would you bother adding effects for mechanics that don't exist? There's very little benefit of the doubt left in the community - Mostly Negative (33%, oof) recent reviews in steam isn't the kind of place you start to play games of "well technically its a new mechanic" with your community.

For 0.1.5.0, I feel like the patch would fix the orbital decay issue and implement the non-autostrut solution for wobbly rockets. It will likely be the last patch before Science, and we'll probably have most of the major bugs fixed by then.

The features? Probably thermal effects since the game will have effects before the actual thermal system. I personally do not expect CBT and the new water physics to be in the next update, but it would be sweet if they are in the game by 0.1.5.0. New parts are not confirmed yet, but I'd bet on gridfins and a slim chance for new engines.

Just pure speculation.

Edited by Alpha_star
Maybe.

They've backed themselves into a corner now. On one hand they need to fix core mechanics (wobbles, orbits) and add base game mechanics (proper reentry) as a matter of urgency, and on the other they need to roll out step one of the roadmap they've promised (science). Those might be two seperate workstreams, but science missions rendered impossible by gameplay faults would be the final straw. One must precede the other.

Based on IG's performance so far I can't see them releasing science with core gameplay updates in the next patch, which is still presumably a month or two away. So science by the end of year is aspirational.

The way I read it Simpson and IG's reckoning is imminent - terminal reputational damage within a matter of weeks unless they turn this fiasco around.

it's good news. you all will be pretty excited about what's coming in v0.1.5

This could be better worded as:

We have some things coming in patch v0.1.5 and we hope you will all be excited when it comes out!

To reflect the writer's hope rather than declaring we will be excited about a patch when we know nothing about what it will contain.

8 hours ago, Cryptobux said:

They've backed themselves into a corner now. On one hand they need to fix core mechanics (wobbles, orbits) and add base game mechanics (proper reentry) as a matter of urgency, and on the other they need to roll out step one of the roadmap they've promised (science). Those might be two seperate workstreams, but science missions rendered impossible by gameplay faults would be the final straw. One must precede the other.

Not really. They don’t have an issue with not publishing science until February (anniversary) nor with taking two or three more updates to semi-fix orbital decay. They assume that when they release those long awaited gridfins all will be forgiven as the game will be so awesome with them.

Don’t assume that thosein charge at IG have even a remote connection with the playerbase and have a sense of what needs to be fixed (let alone urgently). Nothing so far has given any indication of that.

2 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Ah yes, remember when this was supposed to come out every 2 weeks and the last one we have is from almost a month ago?

Source: https://discord.com/channels/1039959585949237268/1080246925699326032/1129535564564152321 (you can see it on the tracker)

Edited by PDCWolf

7 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

Ah yes, remember when this was supposed to come out every 2 weeks and the last one we have is from almost a month ago?

Source: https://discord.com/channels/1039959585949237268/1080246925699326032/1129535564564152321 (you can see it on the tracker)

1iX0NYH.png

In dev tracker also.

It's because things are moving a lot when a patch release (new bugs, more people playing...).

22 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

They missed one on the 25th1, probably because they were busy getting the patch ready.  I'd say the patch is more valuable and tells more about the state of bug fixing and game progress than a forum post.  It's still less than two weeks since the patch was released.

I'd say they're close enough to on-track.

1 And the 8th, if you're holding them to a strict schedule, but again, less than two weeks after the patch.

Edited by razark

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.