KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.1.5.0

Intercept Games

Absolutely loving the performance improvements!~ hoping that the few new ( to me ) bugs ive encountered will be ironed out quickly

I cant wait for science to come out so i can really start to invest hundreds of hours of my life into the game ( and hundreds more with colonies and the modding community )

Is it just me or has this release broken the mods?  I don't see the menu available within the game anymore, and CKAN isn't reporting anything amiss.  Some mods are reported as incompatible in CKAN at the moment, but regardless, of those that are, none are enabled in game.  Am I possibly missing something?

12 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Is it just me or has this release broken the mods?  I don't see the menu available within the game anymore, and CKAN isn't reporting anything amiss.  Some mods are reported as incompatible in CKAN at the moment, but regardless, of those that are, none are enabled in game.  Am I possibly missing something?

Yes the change from unity version in this patch broke every mods.

Modders are working on it

4 minutes ago, Spicat said:

Yes the change from unity version in this patch broke every mods.

Modders are working on it

I just figured it out.  For some weird reason, BepInEx wasn't installing correctly in CKAN and I didn't see it...it said it was, but there was nothing in the folder.  That said, not all mods are funtional.  Some I am avoiding (community fixes for example)...I happen to like the K2D2 mod...Shadow Utility is broken for sure. 

10 hours ago, farelinho said:

Had this issue too on 0.1.4. If you wait for while it launches. (sometimes it took me  a couple of minutes)

If you've got any mods currently installed, go into BepInEx - Plugins and delete the contents. That sometimes causes said issue and none of the current mods work as far as I'm aware due to new version of Unity being used. 

4 hours ago, Periple said:

Is the blockiness around coastlines when viewed from space gone or was that fixed earlier already? Screenshots look nice.

Yup, terrain looks much better from high above. Better performance probably allowed for a bump in resolution. Same for the clouds.

7 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

might buy the game now 

how would the game run now with an 1050TI gpu and and i7 cpu with 8 gigs of ram like ideally i want above 20fps 

don't, it's got YEARS to go before it's even remotely worth the price.

I've rued every cent I spent on it.

still no fix for the game engine thinking Minmus has an atmosphere and causing orbital decay I see.

9 minutes ago, jwenting said:

don't, it's got YEARS to go before it's even remotely worth the price.

I've rued every cent I spent on it.

still no fix for the game engine thinking Minmus has an atmosphere and causing orbital decay I see.

Interesting, you're still running into that? I've seen a lot of improvement in all the areas I used to get decay in. Maybe throw down a bug report with your save file if you get a minute or two

Also, they did explicitly mention there were still some instances where it occurred, so even they never said decay was completely fixed

Edited by Stoup

14 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Were... were there some topography changes? My Minmus pole lander is no longer in permanent shadow and there are some neat round craters on the surface I've never seen before.

I'm sure I've seen some improvements on topography yes. Hope it's not placebo because when recording the videos on my previous message above I totally noticed an improvement on how the Mun's surface looked from certain altitudes. Again, it might just be me not having played KSP2 in a bit, but I'd bet on some changes.

23 minutes ago, HammerTyme said:

Docking still has issues. :(    This is a bummer man.   I’m trying to dock 2 vessels. And they just bounce off each other. Ughhh

Is this similar?

See the message from Anth where he explains the steps to see if it's what happened to you.

If this is still the case I will suggest to send a bug report with the link of the one above saying it's still present in 0.1.5.0. You're not forced to do so though.

Edited by Spicat

9 minutes ago, Spicat said:

Is this similar?

See the message from Anth where he explains the steps to see if it's what happened to you.

If this is still the case I will suggest to send a bug report with the link of the one above saying it's still present in 0.1.5.0. You're not forced to do so though.

Oh wow. Yup. That’s exactly it.  I had a decoupler on my final stage that attaches directly to the docking port below on top of the lander.   So according to Anth, that will break the dock port.  Interesting.  I’ll have to find a work around for this for now. I hope this is fixed soon. 

1 hour ago, HammerTyme said:

Docking still has issues. :(    This is a bummer man.   I’m trying to dock 2 vessels. And they just bounce off each other. Ughhh

Are they on the right way? 

1 minute ago, kdaviper said:

Are they on the right way? 

My bad I didn't read far enough. Ignore me.

Thanks for the update!

I have been very critical and frustrated in some of my posts so I guess I have to throw something into the other side of that scale now, too.

I am very pleased by the improvements of the 0.1.5 patch, on my old rig (2 x 1080s, 32 GB RAM, I7-6700K) the performance is really nice now.

Having done some simple missions (like landing on the Mun and driving a small rover there) I have not had any Kraken attack or RuD or anything that just blew up my craft for no reason. That's nice! And the bug that drove me crazy (camera position reset after going to map and back) has been fixed to an extend where I did not have it happen yet at all (I read in the patch notes that some camera refactor is needed to fully fix it but I have not encountered it yet in this release).

Really enojying the game right now and eagerly awaiting the "For Science!" update.

It's looking great! I actually played a relatively complex mission and most of the issues I was running into were design issues, rather than bugs.

I'm getting a weird bug where after timewarp some of the stacked parts aren't centered however a save and reload tends to fix that.

But, that was nothing compared to the multiple reminders that I need to consider the relative positions of centre of mass and centre of drag - both into and out of Duna's atmosphere with my crewed lander! I now remember the frustration of ship design rather than just the frustration of bug avoidance...

Performance is better but still not great and weirdly worse in map view?