One month and counting

You can go ahead and stop counting. The game's dead. Development has ended. It's a damned shame, but that's how it is when small corporations are eaten by larger ones. In the gaming industry, at least.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, BrobDingnag said:

You can go ahead and stop counting.

I will keep counting. There’s no harm in being patient a little longer.

Edited by NexusHelium

1 hour ago, NexusHelium said:

I will keep counting. There’s no harm in being patient a little longer.

The OP is pretty much the exact opposite of "patient."

Count all you want. Tag people all you want. Whether or not anything happens will have nothing to do with it.

@gfdgfherytrey Don't expect a direct answer. That's not how Take2 communicates.

You tagged a bunch of inactive accounts in your top post. 3 of those accounts haven't logged in during 2024. The 4th hasn't logged in since April. None of them are likely to even see this.

as @DeadJohn said, you best not expect or hope for an answer. Take 2 have shown on multiple occasions that when they close a studio or a game they never make a public statement to either confirm or deny, they just let it die, silently, until everyone works it out themselves. (Google "Take 2 Marin" for quickest example)

29 minutes ago, Brofessional said:

The dev branches on Steam continue to be updated, so someone is working. The question is whether or not any work continues after the end of June.

I read somewhere that these were automated uploads of development builds. I guess we'll find out, but at the rate the team was working the whole time, you can't really expect more than a few minor changes in the month or less before they're official jobless.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TLTay said:

I read somewhere that these were automated uploads of development builds

They aren't, or they are using a random number generator to determine the timeline when the thing runs.

Given that they are trying to sell the game/studio to someone else, I think it is pretty obvious all that work is being done for that sole purpose. I.E. Creating a showcase/tech demo type of thing to show potential investors.

Edited by MechBFP

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

a showcase/tech demo type of thing to show potential investors.

That wouldn't need to go onto Steam. They could just put an internal build on a laptop.

Getting the last batch of fixes that they had in the pipeline into the public release might make the product a bit more attractive to a buyer, though. Slight bump in reputation, less clean-up for them to do after purchase.

Edited by HebaruSan

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

That wouldn't need to go onto Steam. They could just put an internal build on a laptop.

Getting the last batch of fixes that they had in the pipeline into the public release might make the product a bit more attractive to a buyer, though. Slight bump in reputation, less clean-up for them to do after purchase.

Sure, they don't need to go on steam, but given they have numerous people work remotely and they need everyone to have access to the latest updated branches, it makes little sense to not use Steam when it is already working when they have precious little time left.

Edited by MechBFP

21 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

people work remotely and they need everyone to have access to the latest updated branches

This just makes the argument for using internal network resources, not Steam.

5 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

This just makes the argument for using internal network resources, not Steam.

I am not sure what makes you think IG is somehow doing branch management correctly when *waves hands around*. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, MechBFP said:

I am not sure what makes you think IG is somehow doing branch management correctly when *waves hands around*. 

[snip] Let me break this down for you, ok?

HebaruSan was talking about people getting the latest batch of fixes.  You decided to state that people needed to update them to Steam for other to get them due to remote work.  Which, as I pointed out, is not entirely accurate because they could just use IG's internal network and access their own internal source control for that.

Now, if you want to put words in my mouth about IG not doing branch management correctly, I'll ask you to at least point out where I even mentioned anything about them doing it correctly in my post.  Can't find it?  Right - because I never said it. [snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

The simplest take is that KSP2 work has moved to a support-only group within PD.  There were bugfixes in motion, and presumably that group is iterating on those bugfixes.  I expect we'll get one more patch release out of PD.  Pessimistic view: they won't figure it out, and we'll get nothing further.  Optimistic view: colonies were nearly done, and the support team can finish the feature release.  But I'd personally bet on a patch release, and then only a future patch if new crash bugs are discovered (due to video driver changes or whatever). 

8 hours ago, Skorj said:

The simplest take is that KSP2 work has moved to a support-only group within PD.  There were bugfixes in motion, and presumably that group is iterating on those bugfixes.  I expect we'll get one more patch release out of PD.  Pessimistic view: they won't figure it out, and we'll get nothing further.  Optimistic view: colonies were nearly done, and the support team can finish the feature release.  But I'd personally bet on a patch release, and then only a future patch if new crash bugs are discovered (due to video driver changes or whatever). 

They've had an entire 'feature team' working on Colonies for ages now, through the entire of For Science! development so it really should be there or there about, given the six extra months.

9 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Some angry comments removed. Keep it polite, please. 

How about keeping us informed? That would be polite.

55 minutes ago, Izny said:

How about keeping us informed? That would be polite.

What are you hoping the volunteer moderators of this forum, who do not work for IG, PD or T2, will keep you informed about?

1 hour ago, Mutex said:

What are you hoping the volunteer moderators of this forum, who do not work for IG, PD or T2

That's exactly what they want you to believe. Though they don't work for IG, PD, T2, they are the shareholders and secret world government. They tried to push this game initially, to keep you oblivious of the fact that the Earth is actually flat and Moon landing was a fake. But it became too costly even for them. I mean, you can believe me or not. They can't touch me. I'm wearing tinfoil hat.

56 minutes ago, cocoscacao said:

They can't touch me. I'm wearing tinfoil hat.

They can’t touch you… but their accomplices can of whom I am definitely not one of ;) 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mutex said:

What are you hoping the volunteer moderators of this forum, who do not work for IG, PD or T2, will keep you informed about?

Thanks for asking the question i was waiting for.

The forum moderators moderating the KSP2 section should recuse themselves from handling anything until they and the community has gotten the info we all need. Right now, they are enablers. Part of the problem. Participants in something that smells like a rotting fish in a pile of manure. They should be ashamed of even volunteering ANY activity regarding KSP2. The only alternative is to remove the whole KSP2 section of the forum until this is resolved.

Change my mind.

Edited by Izny