KSP2 Hype Train Thread

I hope the content creator embargo is lifted on Monday, but not all at once. Ideally they'd have done some sort of random draw, and have people releasing their videos throughout the week. Some on Monday, some Tuesday, some Wednesday, and some Thursday. Then on Friday we get the game.

They could even make it the same game? Content creator one shows off the VAB, and actually building the ship. Content creator 2 gets to launch the ship into Kerbin orbit, content creator 3 gets to take it to Mun and get into orbit, content creator 4 gets to land and have a little EVA..... Bit late to be suggesting it now, I know :D 

If I compare it to the other game I play a lot of, Football Manager, content creators were given early access, and they all released the videos at the same time. I think they were asked to try and talk about different areas of the game, but I'm not sure. But having them all releasing the videos at the same time was a bit much? You had a load of new content, all at once, and then nothing until the game released. I think a drip feed type approach is better?

Edited by WelshSteW

9 hours ago, Stephensan said:

with a 4090, it bloody should work..

(snip)

I wasn't relating his quote "it works" to the requirements, as this discussion is a) part for another thread b) been talked about plenty by now. At this point everybody has brought in his arguments at least twice by now while everyone has literally no clue and is just having educated guesses at most.
Most of us will know for sure when friday comes around and I'm still more than hyped for it. I have 2 1/2 systems to test it on and once that is done and everyone else has had it's experience with his rig, then we can talk about requirements and yadda yadda. Until then I'll read everything here, slightly amused :P

What I related his "it works" to, is the basic functionality of building, flying and all that kerbal stuff, as it seems like he landed on laythe with a spaceplane without major hiccups and that's way more important at this point in time.

25 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

I hope the content creator embargo is lifted on Monday, but not all at once. Ideally they'd have done some sort of random draw, and have people releasing their videos throughout the week. Some on Monday, some Tuesday, some Wednesday, and some Thursday. Then on Friday we get the game.

They could even make it the same game? Content creator one shows off the VAB, and actually building the ship. Content creator 2 gets to launch the ship into Kerbin orbit, content creator 3 gets to take it to Mun and get into orbit, content creator 4 gets to land and have a little EVA..... Bit late to be suggesting it now, I know :D 

If I compare it to the other game I play a lot of, Football Manager, content creators were given early access, and they all released the videos at the same time. I think they were asked to try and talk about different areas of the game, but I'm not sure. But having them all releasing the videos at the same time was a bit much? You had a load of new content, all at once, and then nothing until the game released. I think a drip feed type approach is better?

The publisher/devs have little to no say in how content creators make or release their content. They can set guidelines and make suggestions, but ultimately, it's up to the content creator on how they handle the situation. Now while I agree that the CC's should probably work together to produce content that doesn't sound like a record on repeat, the problem is the content will overlap no matter what. As long as they give their own opnions over the gameplay, I don't care if we see a mun landing 7 different times filmed in almost the same way. So long as the CC gives their own opnions. 

As for your idea about they all get different dedicated, the CC 1, 2, 3, etc part, I disagree. Multi-part multi-CC videos don't do so well. Audiences don't like having to go to CC 2 to get part 2 of the video CC 1 started, most of the time. And at the end of the day, CC's are still Youtubers. They have to do what's best for them. So everyone putting out a 1 to 2 hour "Complete" review video is best. Besides, there was probably like 30 to 50 content creators there. There will be plenty of content spread out over the 4 days before release.

According to video card requirements, you can set the bar to 6 Gb vram for 1080p (still don't know fps amount), but maybe we can play in 1366x768 or 720p, it must reduce requirements for vram. For better resolution you can try to use AMD FSR or Nvidia Upscaling NIS. For NIS coefficients for playing in 1080 are 67% (720p) and 71% (1366x768)

16 minutes ago, Vortygont said:

According to video card requirements, you can set the bar to 6 Gb vram for 1080p (still don't know fps amount), but maybe we can play in 1366x768 or 720p, it must reduce requirements for vram. For better resolution you can try to use AMD FSR or Nvidia Upscaling NIS. For NIS coefficients for playing in 1080 are 67% (720p) and 71% (1366x768)

I believe Min specs target a 'playable' framerate, which would be 30 fps.

Also, we have no idea if FSR or DLCC or anything that helps with fps/quality is in the settings.

Edited by GoldForest

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Also, we have no idea if FSR or DLCC or anything that helps with fps/quality is in the settings.

FSR and NIC (not dlss) can be turned on in your card settings for certain game, there is no need to be them in game settings. 

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I believe Min specs target a 'playable' framerate, which would be 30 fps.

30 fps is for game which can be on consoles too usually. For pc it can be 60fps, but if it is 30, then on 1366 or 720p it will be higher

5 hours ago, WelshSteW said:

I hope so too, in America we have the day off school that day, so I won’t get interrupted by annoying assignments and class work.

14 hours ago, GoldForest said:

but most of the time companies send a cease and desist, then cut all ties with the person who broke the NDA

I strongly doubt that we will see KSP3 in the next 15 years, this threat is insignificant

Just now, Alexoff said:

I strongly doubt that we will see KSP3 in the next 15 years, this threat is insignificant

It's not a threat. Companies will ban you from getting products from them for review. 

But this discussion has gone on long enough and we've derailed the hype thread several times, so this is the last I'll say about it. 

2 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

It's not a threat. Companies will ban you from getting products from them for review. 

What games are we talking about? I doubt that bloggers making videos about KSP will review GTA6. I don't think they play any games other than KSP. And this will certainly happen if one of the bloggers writes - don't worry guys, is the game normally optimized? Is this also highly classified information?

Yeah I doubt I will see KSP 3 in my lifetime ( I am getting pretty old ), that is why KSP2 was such a big deal for me, here is hoping for the best. KSP 1  was by far the most enjoyable and long lived game in my library .

Edited by DwightLee
Quoted wrong post

So many people mentioning delays, look at the history of the creation of this game. A lesser game would have folded under that much pressure. I am actually surprised it was not delayed more than it was given the circumstances. A company in a lawsuit with another, a total change in ownership, the pillaging of developers, the firing of a staff only to re-hire them at a lesser salary, and then put a pandemic on top of it. 

If anything it speaks to me of the dedication of the folks working on this.

It is amazing to me we are getting early access now actually. 

Edited by DwightLee

2 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

So many people mentioning delays, look at the history of the creation of this game. A lesser game would have folded under that much pressure. I am actually surprised it was not delayed more than it was given the circumstances. A company in a lawsuit with another, a total change in ownership, the pillaging of developers, the firing of a staff only to re-hire them at a lesser salary, and then put a pandemic on top of it. 

If anything it speaks to me of the dedication of the folks working on this.

It is amazing to me we are getting early access now actually. 

Lesser salary? IIRC they were offered MORE salary to switch from Star Theory and go to Intercept Games. And no one was fired afaik. Star Theory lost their contract with Take Two, but that's not firing. 

As for getting early access now, the most common theory is that Take Two is fed up with Intercept Games and wants the game to start making money, or else they pull the plug. Again, just a theory. 

8 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Lesser salary? IIRC they were offered MORE salary to switch from Star Theory and go to Intercept Games. And no one was fired afaik. Star Theory lost their contract with Take Two, but that's not firing. 

As for getting early access now, the most common theory is that Take Two is fed up with Intercept Games and wants the game to start making money, or else they pull the plug. Again, just a theory. 

The firing and re-hiring happened before the switch according to several sources that did happen. I put that in the wrong order.

I do agree however there comes a time in the development of a game where you have to start making money or fold, it is why I am so forgiving about the early access thing, personally I am sure I will get $60 worth of entertainment of even early access. I don't want the project to fold, so yeah... I am in on day one.

Edited by DwightLee

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

These launch clamps look amazing :D

I love that they went with launch clamps that seem to be based off the Saturn V base clamps, I'm hopeful that there are other launch clamps similar to the ones on for the Shuttle and other iconic rockets from history.

Saturn-Vs-Explosive-Launch-1.jpg?resize=