Jump to content

[1.11.x] Parallax, A PBR Terrain Shader [1.2.1]


Recommended Posts

Hi, I get pitch black terrain at night. With default config I even had KSC buildings black, but changing config to trueLighting = false made them visible. Terrain, however, remained absolutely black.

I have custom Minmus clouds for SVE and at night they are visible even when they are below the surface, so this darkness is somehow transparent. Removing Planetshine didn't help, Scatterer is recommended I guess, and its water is visible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, akkhor said:

Hey, awesome mod! Love it to bit! One question/request, can I somehow turn off parallax for Kerbin? 

Delete Kerbin from the ParallaxTerrain.cfg and remove it from the IncreaseSubdivisionCount.cfg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a little disappointment lately (KSP 1.11.1, up to date with Bleeding Edge & Parallax).

1/ I have a ship equiped with small drills and they work fine when parallax is not installed. But when it is, i have a message telling the drills are not in contact with the ground.
I tried to mine with landing legs retracted, it did not solve the problem.

2/ the crafts are bouncing on their landing legs, is there a way to stop that?

I can provide screenshots, videos, logs if needed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OnlyLightMatters said:

1/ I have a ship equiped with small drills and they work fine when parallax is not installed. But when it is, i have a message telling the drills are not in contact with the ground.
I tried to mine with landing legs retracted, it did not solve the problem.

I'll investigate this

13 minutes ago, OnlyLightMatters said:

2/ the crafts are bouncing on their landing legs, is there a way to stop that?

This will be fixed in an upcoming patch

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I'll investigate this

This will be fixed in an upcoming patch

Thank you for your response. I've tried mining with the largest drills and I do not have the problem. I suspect with no proof that the terrain elevation provided by your mod is not considered as the "ground" by the game.
Do you want me to provide you by the craft i've used or any other material :) ?

Edited by OnlyLightMatters
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OnlyLightMatters said:

Thank you for your response. I've tried mining with the largest drills and I do not have the problem. I suspect with no proof that the terrain elevation provided by your mod is not considered as the "ground" by the game.
Do you want me to provide you by the craft i've used or any other material :) ?

Please do provide the craft :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim Lovell Kerman said:

Can Anyone Help Me With This All Of The Texture Are Missing 

https://imgur.com/a/djqfGQR 

https://imgur.com/a/knI5tEj

Are you using Stock or BH?

If BH, make sure you’re using 1.0.1 Parallax

If Stock, make sure you actually have the textures installed. 

Other than that, make sure you have the latest Kopernicus stable branch. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2021 at 5:06 AM, Gameslinx said:

I'll investigate this

This will be fixed in an upcoming patch

  

On 3/2/2021 at 4:52 AM, OnlyLightMatters said:

I've had a little disappointment lately (KSP 1.11.1, up to date with Bleeding Edge & Parallax).

1/ I have a ship equiped with small drills and they work fine when parallax is not installed. But when it is, i have a message telling the drills are not in contact with the ground.
I tried to mine with landing legs retracted, it did not solve the problem.

2/ the crafts are bouncing on their landing legs, is there a way to stop that?

I can provide screenshots, videos, logs if needed.

 

2) For sure I'm bouncing around!! Thanks so much for this beautiful mod, though I'm having a hell of a time trying my hand at a rover drop off on the Mun because of this bouncy castle Kerbal effect lol.

 

Can't wait for the patches! We need those stinkin' patches :)

 

Gameslinx what is your Patreon or method I give you money?

 

SM

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2020 at 6:22 PM, Gameslinx said:

Donations

unknown.png

Parallax took me months to develop. Not only that, but I had to learn an entirely new programming language (Unity CG) and familiarize myself with Unity - neither of which are simple! It's been an incredibly fun (and sometimes frustrating!) journey developing this mod, so I would like to thank those of you who have been supporting the mod since its beginning and those of you who choose to support me going forward. Should you donate, you will be helping me through my university studies!

Donations are by no means asked for, but are greatly appreciated. Thank you for downloading the mod or if you're a long time supporter, thank you for sticking with it throughout its development :)

Paypal Patreon Logo by laprasking on DeviantArt

@TheSpaceMonkey This is what the OP says about donations 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 11:05 PM, CrabNebula said:

Hello, LOVE THIS MOD!

However, i am having one issue as seen below that I'm wondering if anyone has a fix to?

I would love this on my career game, but i cant place deployable science experiments as they clip into the ground...Anyone else get this or know the cause?  

o8QDovQ.jpg

I have the exact same problem too. I can never get a placement without turning off Parallax. Ground experiments placed down without Parallax, then visited with Parallax installed again are either half sunken in the ground, or have a visit of the kraken and jump up in the sky.

Lander legs are bouncing around too, but I can solve that for the most part with playing with damping and spring strength.

Which is a shame, because everything looks amazing. Would really like to keep playing with the mod.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some other people posted videos or reports of extreme bouncing happening with landing legs. Just wanted to share a video of something similar happening with wheels, (before and after quicksaves since the Dev mentioned that I think)

Looks like the damping is creating a situation where a wheel can phase into a rock, before the force increases rapidly and shoots the rover into the sky, check out especially the last obstacle I line up and try to pass over in the video.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, manosteele117 said:

I know some other people posted videos or reports of extreme bouncing happening with landing legs. Just wanted to share a video of something similar happening with wheels, (before and after quicksaves since the Dev mentioned that I think)

Looks like the damping is creating a situation where a wheel can phase into a rock, before the force increases rapidly and shoots the rover into the sky, check out especially the last obstacle I line up and try to pass over in the video.

 

 

Yes ive been having this problem as well

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm experiencing a very odd problem- All of my rovers and vessels "land" about a half-meter off the visible ground, and I can drive and walk around the surface without ever physically contacting it. The tessellation is visible and looks fantastic, but its as if there's a forcefield keeping me off of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi !

Tested a fresh install without Mod only parallax and kopernicus !

It's OK :happy: Which one is it??? (causing this white circle) 1.11.1 of course .

mXpVBNLl.jpg

I have more than to pray that it is not the mods I need or mine.

steph.

Edited by stephm
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 8:34 PM, WindupHero7 said:

I'm experiencing a very odd problem- All of my rovers and vessels "land" about a half-meter off the visible ground, and I can drive and walk around the surface without ever physically contacting it. The tessellation is visible and looks fantastic, but its as if there's a forcefield keeping me off of it.

Can you send your KSP.log?

3 minutes ago, stephm said:

It's OK :happy: Which one is it??? (causing this white circle) 1.11.1 of course .

I don't know what mod would be conflicting with Parallax. Your best option is to try adding the mods one-by-one until you find out which one causes the bug

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 2:34 PM, WindupHero7 said:

I'm experiencing a very odd problem- All of my rovers and vessels "land" about a half-meter off the visible ground, and I can drive and walk around the surface without ever physically contacting it. The tessellation is visible and looks fantastic, but its as if there's a forcefield keeping me off of it.

you using modded wheels/legs or you have Beyond Home, if it's BH then currently BH doesn't support 1.2.X of Parallax atm, LINX is currently overhauling BH which'll bring 1.2.X support 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...